TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 New World Record on Tron

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
dctron
User

New World Record on Tron

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 7:04 AM
The world record has officially been broken.

Click on the following link for details.

http://www.twingalaxies.comwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron WR 14,007,645

DaveTRON
User

Re: New World Record on Tron

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 10:27 AM
Congratulations David! Well done. Not only did you break the record, you kicked it's ass! Way to go!

DaveTRON

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 10:57 AM
WOW!!! 12.5 hours of solid game playing. I assume you can't eat or drink during that time... correct? Even with an infinate number of lives I don't think I could hold out that long.

Congrats... when I first read the score Kevin submitted I read it as 8.6 million and thought you'd just been trumped by your own son. Looking closer I see he's got a ways to go yet but I'd watch your back. You have to be one very proud dad. So congrats all around.

Keep it up,
Carl

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 11:30 AM
Oop.. sorry... I forgot to congratulate you after adding that to the front page. I'm a bit scattered brained this week.

Congratulations on the Mega High Score David!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 12:09 PM

Congratulations... that's quite the feat. Haven't made it past the 6th level myself, of course it's been years since I played Tron on an arcade machine.

WTG!!!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 3:39 PM
Holy mackerel!

How you did that I'll never know. I can barely pass the third level, never mind play for 12 plus hours!

Oh, I have a question for you. Have you happened to notice if the programming language names restart, or at some point do you play the same language over and over?

Congratulations dctron!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

dctron
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 3:47 PM
Thanks everyone.

Under Twin Galaxies rules, you are allowed a 5 minute break for every hour of gameplay.

So, for every million points scored (first 4 only) I would take a break in the recognizers level. The video that I posted showed how I would get to the safe spot so I could either rest of finish the level.

I would have a water bottle for quick drinks as the timer counted down before the next level started.

I would eat before an attempt, rest and then start the game. I would try not to eat until the attempt was over to keep from having any distractions.

After the first 4 million, there are no longer any places to take a break, so you have to stay on the machine until you lose or give up.

Davidwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Tron WR 14,007,645

dctron
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 3:54 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:Holy mackerel!

How you did that I'll never know. I can barely pass the third level, never mind play for 12 plus hours!

Oh, I have a question for you. Have you happened to notice if the programming language names restart, or at some point do you play the same language over and over?

Congratulations dctron!

Thanks.

The level names only show up once each. When you reach the user level, all levels show up as user level.

Since there are 30 different combinations of levels with the cones and grid bugs repeating every 6 levels and the cycles and tanks repeating every 5 levels, you really have to keep track of what level you are on in order to help avoid mistakes like going the wrong way in the cones or rotating the spinner on the grid bug level where you need to shoot from the starting position.

Tron WR 14,007,645

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 4:40 PM
Heh, I didn't even know there was a User level!

Thanks for the info.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 6:54 PM
To: David Cruz
Fr: Richard Taylor, Visual Effects Supervisor, TRON

David,

As we were working on Tron we often pondered the future of gaming as we watched the cast and crew madly playing the Arcade games we had on the set. We wondered just how far games would evolve in the future and figured it would be some mind bending exponential equation. When the Tron game finally came out and I played it and watched my son play it for hours, I learned just how immersive a good game could be. That being said.... If you would have told me that twenty-five years later a guy named Cruz would run up a score of 6.8 million on that same game....I would have called in the straight jacket squad right then and there and have you committed. Well, Excuse me, I'm expected back on planet Earth.... 6.8 million? Are you out of your _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mind? Congratulations.

Richard Taylor

PS: Do you have a day job?

DaveTRON

dctron
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 7:35 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:To: David Cruz
Fr: Richard Taylor, Visual Effects Supervisor, TRON

David,

As we were working on Tron we often pondered the future of gaming as we watched the cast and crew madly playing the Arcade games we had on the set. We wondered just how far games would evolve in the future and figured it would be some mind bending exponential equation. When the Tron game finally came out and I played it and watched my son play it for hours, I learned just how immersive a good game could be. That being said.... If you would have told me that twenty-five years later a guy named Cruz would run up a score of 6.8 million on that same game....I would have called in the straight jacket squad right then and there and have you committed. Well, Excuse me, I'm expected back on planet Earth.... 6.8 million? Are you out of your _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mind? Congratulations.

Richard Taylor

PS: Do you have a day job?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the kind words.

I saw the movie, played the game and decided I wanted to work in computers. I was truly inspired by Tron.

I never would have imagined that 6.8 million was possible.
I knew that 4 million was since I accomplished that 23 years ago. But, with only 4 lives and that the slightest mistake could mean disaster, I had my sights set on trying to get 5 million. (Enough to break the record)

As far as the day job, I could always use something better.
But, if you mean do I have time for a day job, I really didn't put a lot of time into trying to get good enough for my record run. Early on, I had trouble trying to remember how to play, but as soon as it clicked, I didn't need very many games to start scoring big. I picked a day three weeks earlier that I would make my record attempt on.
I played one quick game to warm up and then played the record game. I did not play at all the prior three weeks.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron WR 14,007,645

The PimpDragon
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 7:40 PM
Congrats on a MASSIVE achievement in video gaming!

I don't know how you did it, but that's OUTSTANDING!!!

Way to go, program!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 7:48 PM
Wow!

Well done, dctron!

You know, back in the day, when I used to play TRON in the arcade, I could never get passed the third level. I just didn't have enough quarters or tokens to get that good at it. On an emulator years later, even after intense playing (well, intense for me), I could never get passed the 4th level. I don't remember my scores, but I can't imagine it would be all that impressive even completing level 5.

I'm not sure how you did it. The time involved in getting such a high score alone would have worn me out and my hands and fingers would no doubt be very numb.

6,768,288 points in the original world of TRON... great work, program!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2005 11:17 PM
Congradulations on that world record dctron. That looks like a painfull position to hold as well. Did you set any other records, such as highest record set on a barstool or anything? hehe. It may happen... Well done!!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 12:04 AM

Congratulations, David! Amazing how you totally shattered the previous record!

Man, I can't even begin to imagine what a marathon session it must have been to rack up that kind of score. Must have been difficult to keep playing that long without making any serious mistakes. But you managed it.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 1:27 AM
Wow! That's amazing, dctron!!!!! I always struggled with that game, but it has always been on of my favorite arcade games, if not my favorite! I hope to own one some day. but dannnng.. GOOD JOB!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Nikster
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 4:28 AM
I could never last past the early rounds of level three....excellent job!

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 9:37 AM
WOW!
Excellent work! Congrats! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 9:50 AM
Congradulations DCTRON. Good work on breaking and smashing the record on tron.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 10:58 AM
To: David Cruz
Fr: Harrison Ellenshaw, Associate Producer, TRON

6.8 million on the TRON Arcade game! You are the master, Dave! You have done even better than Flynn himself. Should we expect 10 million from you next?

DaveTRON

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 New World Record on Tron