New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Another dose of TRON!

on Saturday, June, 19, 2004 10:09 PM
PING!

Ahhhhhh - nuthin' like kicking back and watching my favorite film again -

This thread is dedicated to TRON viewings. I actually haven't watched it in a few months myself. It felt good to watch it again tonight - LOVE this film!

I turn in to an 11 year old from 1982 again, EVERY time I watch it!

The story and concept still excite me.

The visuals are still amazing, beautiful and impressive as ever!

And of course, I STILL wish I could be digitized in to the computer myself!

My favorite scene was, as a kid, and is still the light cycle sequence - from the light cycle game grid to the chase by recognizers and tanks. In fact - I think I'm going to hit the game grid myself in after posting this - I could use some light cycle action!

Whenever YOU kick back with some of Allan's popcorn and view - make a post here and start it with a PING to let everyone know. Be honest now - don't ping in unless you've actually watched it again

Non-viewing posts and comments are more than welcome too. Just don't ping in the beginning of the post.

I think it will be interesting to see how often the TRON-Sector programs watch the film.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShivaGoddess
User

Re: Another dose of TRON!

on Sunday, June, 20, 2004 1:00 AM
haven't watched the movie in a while..but i think i just might next day off...and yeah..the chase scene w the recognizers is my fav toowhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

kid at heart..goddess by nature
">WHATEVER: It All Matters

Kamui
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2004 9:03 AM
It's been five years since I last saw it. How I got introduce to Tron was through a game of laser tag on my 12th birthday. My dad picked Tron as his code name for the game (you HAD to pick one) and I asked him what it was about. He told me a little bit about the movie before shooting off his laser at me. So five years ago, I watched the movie. I thought it was pretty amazing at the time. It was also then when I didn't know half as much about computers as I do now. So it would be interesting to watch again with that knowledge.

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2004 9:47 PM
I've been watching it a lot recently. I've been lucky enough to see it several times on the big screen in both 70mm and 35mm in recent months, and every time I have loved it as much as the first time.

I like the depth I can see in it nowdays. I pick up a little bit more each time I watch it. A lot of it is just little details, but I feel like I know these characters really well now.

It is, and always will be, my personal favorite film.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2004 10:22 PM
Seems like it doesn't it Dave. Everytime I watch Tron. Or Any other films for that matter. In the back of my head I tend to start really analyzing it. Usually in the cases of How did they do that part or this part or those parts.. ANd think about it while I'm not looking at if later on. Kind of like make mental notes on things. I still enjoy the movie every time I've watched it. I've only seen Tron on the big screen Once. And that was when it came out on either 70 Millimeter film od the 35 millimeter film. Can't remember which format that I have seen it on. Cause it was way back when it first hit the Cinema's. I agree with you on it it will be as well one of my fvorites films of all times over here.

DaveTRON Wrote:I've been watching it a lot recently. I've been lucky enough to see it several times on the big screen in both 70mm and 35mm in recent months, and every time I have loved it as much as the first time.

I like the depth I can see in it nowdays. I pick up a little bit more each time I watch it. A lot of it is just little details, but I feel like I know these characters really well now.

It is, and always will be, my personal favorite film.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2004 10:37 PM
I'm gonna watch my Tron 20th anniversary dvd on my birthday or three days after it... XP Can't decide which day to watch it, bweehee.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

harpo989
User

on Thursday, July, 15, 2004 3:32 PM
PING!
yes, I remembered this thread.
anyway, I just recieved the 20th anniversary DVD for my creation date, and I promptly watched it. (well, after installing my new video card. w00t!)

ah... it has been too long scince I last saw this movie. I loved the ring game... the reco chase... the light cycles... it was great to get lost in this wonderful and magical world again.

End of Line!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

The PimpDragon
User

on Thursday, July, 15, 2004 11:03 PM
PING!
I just watched it last week and I still get goosebumps during the I/O tower when Tron makes contact with Alan.

"Confirmed, Alan1!"

The music and imagery for that scene is just such a wonderful combination that really gets me each time. This program's dedication to freeing the system, even though it may mean his de-rezzing, is inspiring.

The lightcycles and recognizers - and especially the tanks - are incredibly designed and truly original.

It's just as fun to watch now, and I agree, DaveTRON, that I get something more out of it every time I see it.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Trace
User

on Friday, July, 16, 2004 12:52 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:PING!
And of course, I STILL wish I could be digitized in to the computer myself!

I haven't watched for about a year, so I'm breaking the rule by posting, but I just had to comment on this one comment and say, "I'M NOT ALONE IN THE WORLD!!!"

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 16, 2004 5:34 PM
The PimpDragon Wrote:I just watched it last week and I still get goosebumps during the I/O tower when Tron makes contact with Alan...

Hey - you forgot to do the official "PING!" in the beginning of your post!

Oh well, I guess you can edit that later. NOTHING like a good healthy dose of , eh?

And you're not breaking any rules by posting in this thread without watching it, Trace. You just don't PING! if you haven't watched it... and by the looks of my post, I haven't watched it since my last PING either.

A yeah though, huh? You're really do for another dose of pure entertainment, digital-style-e, wouldn't you say?
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 16, 2004 5:35 PM
harpo989 Wrote:PING!
yes, I remembered this thread....

Oops - almost forgot about your PING!

Felt GREAT, didn't it?

I'm glad you remembered to post your PING here!

Traahn
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 2:12 AM
Well, I can't officially ping yet, since I didn't watch it; but I did *start* watching my 20th Anniversary Edition the other day ;o) I couldn't watch it because I was just given this TV from a relative and picture quality was very poor. I'm needing to figure out how to align the RGB guns, and fix the compressed picture it had. *sigh*, I hate TV problems. I'm afraid to open TVs up because I don't want to get electrocuted. Anybody know a safe way to dabble inside a TV?, please let me know. I hear the capacitors inside can carry a big jolt, even when unplugged (stored energy).

EDIT: Just curious --> How in the world did this company get away with using "Tron" as their name? http://www.tron.com

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kamui
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 8:50 AM
Traahn Wrote:Well, I can't officially ping yet, since I didn't watch it; but I did *start* watching my 20th Anniversary Edition the other day ;o) I couldn't watch it because I was just given this TV from a relative and picture quality was very poor. I'm needing to figure out how to align the RGB guns, and fix the compressed picture it had. *sigh*, I hate TV problems. I'm afraid to open TVs up because I don't want to get electrocuted. Anybody know a safe way to dabble inside a TV?, please let me know. I hear the capacitors inside can carry a big jolt, even when unplugged (stored energy).

EDIT: Just curious --> How in the world did this company get away with using "Tron" as their name? http://www.tron.com

I dunno..... but I find it funny.... there's a wee bit of Tron irony that comes with it.

As for the capacitors thing, have you tried grounding them? Maybe that might work......

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 12:47 PM
PING!
Oh, how I love this movie.

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 2:32 PM
[PING]
Watched my Tron DVD on my new Inspiron 5150 laptop. Looks great!
The interplay between the characters in that movie is priceless...

"I'm so very disappointed in you, Mr. Dillinger..."
"Greetings, programs!"
"It all looks so easy on the other side of the screen."

[clicks "Add This Message" and wonder how many programs are required to convey this message to his Tron-Sector friends]order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

The PimpDragon
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 2:58 PM
The PING has been added!

Sorry!

yojimbo
User

on Sunday, July, 18, 2004 10:44 PM
PING! I last watched it (in full) earlier this year.

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 12:02 AM
PING!

Watched it on the 9th of July.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

kmon
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 12:10 AM
err ping?

Just watched my copy again, man I forgot how dynamic the music is, great stuf!

Quick question, I only have tron on a vhs copy....I'm going to remedy that....a few questions on the dvds. I've seen all kinds of different aspect ratios listed, and sound formats...so...on both the standard and anniversary edition what is the aspect ratio and what is the sound format (I'm pretty sure that its 5.1 dd). I hope its aspect ratio is 2.35:1 as its my favorite format

Traahn-- I've torn apart a few tv's Leave them unplugged for 30 minutes atleast before diving in, I've grounded the caps before and they do make a large bang. Maybe email me with the symptoms so we dont have a few huge off topic posts.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

harpo989
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 12:33 AM
PING!
Just got finished watching it again... I've noticed this every time, but does anyone esle notice that when the MCP is first slowing down Sark's power cycles, he lets go of the controls and lets his arms dangle. but then in the very next shot his hands are on the controls. this keep irritating me when I watch the movie, and now it can irritate you too!

------------

Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!