General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
KiaPurity
User

Re: Another dose of TRON!

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 2:52 PM
Yeah, but it's minor. He moves his arm back to the controls... (actually, it's slow) so the next frame seems "sudden".

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 6:24 PM
harpo989 Wrote:...does anyone else notice that when the MCP is first slowing down Sark's power cycles, he lets go of the controls and lets his arms dangle. but then in the very next shot his hands are on the controls. this keep irritating me when I watch the movie, and now it can irritate you too!

Continuity errors - ALL films have them, but they're generally not noticed upon first viewings. I'm sure this is no news to anyone, but films (and most TV shows) are not shot in the order you see them. Because each camera angle is generally shot at different times (and even on different days sometimes) for the SAME (seemingly continuous) scene, there is lot of room for these misplacement or continuity errors to occur.

The fact that you notice this error (and probably many more) is good - it means you've been getting a good, healthy dose of

BTW - I'm very pleased to see so much PINGing going on! Man - I'm going to have to PING again soon! Looks like I need another dose of

harpo989
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 9:14 PM
Yes, I am aware of all of that, Todd. (I do a bit of film myself...) just thought I'd mention it.

Keep on PINGing, all!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Lew
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 3:55 AM
kmon Wrote:…a few questions on the dvds. I've seen all kinds of different aspect ratios listed, and sound formats...so...on both the standard and anniversary edition what is the aspect ratio and what is the sound format (I'm pretty sure that its 5.1 dd). I hope its aspect ratio is 2.35:1 as its my favorite format

I'd definitely recommend the anniversary edition over the original DVD release. The original release is a crappy letterbox transfer.

The 20th anniversary edition is 2.20:1 anamorphic with DD5.1 audio, although annoyingly the special features are all in 4:3 format.

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 8:57 AM
harpo989 Wrote:
Just got finished watching it again... I've noticed this every time, but does anyone esle notice that when the MCP is first slowing down Sark's power cycles, he lets go of the controls and lets his arms dangle. but then in the very next shot his hands are on the controls. this keep irritating me when I watch the movie, and now it can irritate you too!

Gah! Curse you! Now you're going to have me annoyed!
Um.... now where's that topic on movie errors.....? *Looks around in a daze*

~Kamui.EXE
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

kmon
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 10:41 PM
Thanks mimizuku... I'm still finalizing the design but construction should start soon on the home theater

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Motorhead619
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 4:41 AM
I watch it at least once a month, sometimes two or three a month.

IMAGinES
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 7:34 AM
The PimpDragon Wrote:PING!
I just watched it last week and I still get goosebumps during the I/O tower when Tron makes contact with Alan.

"Confirmed, Alan1!"

That's a moment I'd love to see doen again in a TRON 2.0 expansion or a game/film sequel - with Alan inside the computer!

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, July, 22, 2004 1:22 AM
I got to build my brother a new computer. So not only was his first DVD to be viewed on his new comp "Tron 20th Anniversary edition" but I gave him a copy of Tron 2.0 which he enjoys thank you very much BV Interactive and Monolith.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Alan1
User

on Tuesday, July, 27, 2004 12:18 AM
PING!

Watched it again on DVD. Timeless is the word that comes to mind.

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Get a CLU
User

on Tuesday, July, 27, 2004 9:49 PM
I'm with Motorhead on the dosage - I'm at about 3-4 times a month viewing the DVD.

Stuck on TRON, and stuck in the 80's!!

Okay CLU - tonight we check everything under the right-hand column!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 29, 2004 7:34 PM
Get a CLU Wrote:I'm with Motorhead on the dosage - I'm at about 3-4 times a month viewing the DVD.

Stuck on TRON, and stuck in the 80's!!

That's GREAT!

BUT - you have to PING in when you watch it Start of your post in this thread with a "PING!" the next time you watch .

If you're posting here WITHOUT having just watched the film, just post without the "PING" in the beginning

Man - I really need to PING in again myself soon!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 07, 2004 9:32 PM
PING!

Oh YEAH!

I just had me another dose of !

Nothing like some digital greatness to infuse all sorts of wonderful creative energies inside! Um... I hope that doesn't sound too weird. It's just that this film always gets me going, and I end up feeling all creatively energized after watching it.

I watched it ALL the way through back to the main menu screen - ALL the credits and all. I don't know why. I do this almost every time I watch it. Perhaps because I'm still (for lack of a better way of putting it) in there. I kind of get all wrapped up in it, and don't want to come back out.

Man, I REALLY want to be digitized in to the computer! I'm serious! The technology will soon exist to bridge the gap between humans and computers, perhaps not with a digitizing laser beam, but more likely with some kind of brain interactive interface that allows direct exchange of data and thought between the mind and a computer system. Forgive me if I sound all weird now, but think about it - that technology WILL soon exist. I just hope I'm not too old to enjoy it when it does! And when this technology exists, we won't have to bother with keyboards, mice, monitors, message boards, manually programming... we can all interface directly with whoever we want to and choose to via the interface (and whoever else is "plugged in").

Ok, sorry about my little ramble. I don't mean to get all future dreaming and all in this thread. I just meant to PING because I just had me a good and healthy dose of

Man - what a film!

It never fails to blow me away.

I just LOVE this film!

Thanks Mr. Lisberger and crew!
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Meltd0wn
User

on Sunday, August, 08, 2004 12:55 AM
PING
In the Past week I have watched Tron. Monday night, Wednesday night, and I took it to work with me and we played it in our store last night (friday night).

oh and yes I notice Sark letting go of the handles every time. as well as other slight missteps hehe
although as a former projetionist. I tend to always notice little continuity errors like that. so I guess I just get used to the annoyance. heheabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Omega.User
User

on Friday, August, 13, 2004 7:22 PM
The first time I ever saw tron was way back when I was really young. I had remembered bits and pieces of it but I never really knew what it was. Until I saw an ad for on the net somwhere a year ago. I looked into it. I even downloaded the demo and played mulitplayer with a friend of mine. Then I saw the movie on vhs. Then I fully understood what it was. But then the (Tron) thing died down for me. Until a couple of weeks ago I bought the game because I visited the website and played the demo again. So then I bought the game and bought the dvd after i beat the game. And then I started searching for tron on the net. I came up with this website and I joined it.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, August, 24, 2004 11:27 PM
PI-*kicks thread. it coughs, sputters, then starts again*
PING!
Ah, nothing like a good dose of Tron. just watched the movie today, I just *love* the quotes from that movie!

"Now that is a big door."

"Hooray for our side!"

"End of Line."

"You're going to make my user Mr. Henderson very angry! He's a full branch manager."

"Like the man said, no problems, only solutions."

and, of course,

"Bring in the logic probe!"

also, I was wondering if anyone noticed there seems to be two different kinds of ID discs: Tron and Sark use one kind, Flynn and Ram use another. just wondering if anyone else noticed.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Omega.User
User

on Tuesday, August, 24, 2004 11:31 PM
Yeah I noticed there were less rings on the one that ram was flinging around. But the ones that Tron, Sark and all the warrior programs had more rings on them.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

Lightforce
User

on Wednesday, August, 25, 2004 4:14 AM
PING!

I watched TRON for the third time in my life about a week ago, with the audio commentary.
Somehow, when I watch the movie, it feels like I'm watching a TV series. Everytime the movie seems somehow familiar, and somehow new. Don't know why!
Yes, it's really timeless, as someone said earlier. Just incredible! I also love those nice quotes from the movie.
Someday soon I guess I'll have to watch it again.

"Bring in the logic probe!"

Recognizer1
User

on Wednesday, August, 25, 2004 9:55 AM
PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING! PING!! (Just catching up with myself... I think I'e seen it over 20 times this week alone... GOD, I LOVE DVD!!!)

RULES!!!

:{

Recognizer1

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Where are my sacrifices? I demand... MACARONI PICTURES!!" -- Moses, from the South Park episode, "Jewbilee"

Recognizer1
User

on Wednesday, August, 25, 2004 1:05 PM
PING! (WITH COMMENTARY)

Tonight: I'll PING out on the second disc!

That makes 21 for this week!

Oh, btw, I beat the 40-question Triv quiz yesterday. Does this mean I can place (Elite) next to my name in my profile?

Recognizer1

:{ (group6)

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Where are my sacrifices? I demand... MACARONI PICTURES!!" -- Moses, from the South Park episode, "Jewbilee"

FirstPrevious Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!