General Discussion 
 Why Tron

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Speeder
User

Why Tron

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 9:06 AM
I know (or assume) that everyone on the sector thinks Tron is a brilliant Film!!! So I thought I'd start this thread to find out what you think makes Tron so special!!!!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

flynnsplace
User

Re: Why Tron

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 12:02 PM
well for me....

well the visuals....till Tron I had never seen anything like that. It is why I do 3d graphics today.

the characters kept me watching over and over....can just never get sick of watching them.

and the story...I like how it mirrors religion in our world. even by todays standards it is pretty deep.

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 12:41 PM
As an artist, the look is what I love about it. Tron just has a look that separates it from any other film to date. The way in which the world is presented is so beautiful. Everything from that geometric abstract look to the color used for the vehicles and sets. It's just so awsome and really seems more realistic for a computer world.

I also love the whole world inside a computer concept. It's amazing how that concept alone is becoming more of a reality with todays online gaming technology. It really shows how creative Linsberger was to come up with such a far out idea.

I also love how they were able to make the film during a time when they were faced with such limitations with the computers. The whole process and effort that went into making the film is just awsome. I mean to hand type every frame of cgi animation is so hard to imagin in today's point and click world. It's amazing how much labor went into the film. Alotta people who brush the film off don't realize that hard work that was involved in making the movie.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

foilism
User

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 1:17 PM
When I first saw tron, I thought it was quite modern, then when I saw the real world scenes I realised it's actually a real veteran. This is what love, cause after I first saw it, I was sure I'd seen somthing like it before, like I remembered the solar sailer vaguly and very vividly I remembered blue and red guys. So it realy does 'remind youe of something you've never seen before'

Plus the visuals, no one has ever had the guts to go out on such a limb, especially with big studios like disney, it's such a risky film, I always loved that aspect,

Trace
User

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 2:41 PM
I was in love with computers when Tron came out and the creative concept of a world inside them--it blew my mind! I also have always loved adventure stories and this was a great one. Visually, I was simply blown away.

The glow! I thought it was absolutely beautiful how light came from every thing in the Tron world. I think it's closer to what we look like spiritually.

I saw the movie about 16 times in the theater. Just loved it.

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 3:50 PM
I watched TRON for the first time when I was 6. It was the only movie I can remember (apart from Star Wars) at the time that stick in my mind and never left it. I liked it for the following reasons:

1. The concept. I've been around computers all my life and the very idea of this world even existing just captured my imagination.

2. The visuals. The electronic world looked, and continues to look, superb, vibrant. It would be how imagined life in a computer to be like. And the CGI continues to hold up and look great 20 years later

3. It's different and not stricty sci-fi. Most people like Star Trek, Star Wars etc.... TRON is different and I like it for that. Computers are in our everyday lives now and so I consider TRON not to be sci-fi, but rather more as a peice of contempory fiction.

But then thats just what I think.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Nikster
User

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 5:51 PM
Well...the main thing for me is that I have loved video/arcade games ALL my life. I remember playing Pong in the arcade . I remember what was in the arcades before videogames really took off (no specifics tho...I was VERY little ...but there was a game where ya steered a toy car on a conveyer belt track...and one where ya shot ducks projected on a screen...and..oh..umm...where was I??? Oh yeah....

Tron is the ultimate videogame players fantasy...I mean..who WOULDN'T wanna be able to actually go into a game and kick butt??

And programs didn't have to go to school or do homework...they played games all day =)

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 7:52 PM
My reasoning is the same as Sketch's, plus...

I was so into the computers at that time. Nevermind. I was hooked up to the computers FOREVER. (Since I was just a year old. XP)

Tron was an awesome way to take everyone inside the world of computers... to see how things functioned and such. It's really awesome to just take a concept and go deeper with it.

Also, it's cute with the user/program interactions... where Flynn tells Tron that it's the same way for him... the user having a "user". :B

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, June, 06, 2003 9:39 PM
Great thread.

Well, the reason I loved it 'back then' is NOT the same reason I 'love it still'.

Back then, I thought it was great because of how unique, visionary and other-worldly it was. As long as I can remember when I see a movie the ones I love are ones that 'take me away'. While I hear people barking about a film 'not being realistic' I'm exactly the opposite. If I wanted realism, I'd have never gone to see a movie! I'm already there, why would I want to pay to see a more sensasionalized version of it? Anyway, I never managed to get my parents to take me to see it in the theater but I rented it when it came out on video. I had to wait my turn for the VCR and didn't manage to watch it 'til everyone was in bed. While that seems like a hassle, it was the best thing to have happened. I was ALONE and IN THE DARK the first time I saw it. That was a TOTALLY condusive atmosphere to enjoy it best. It was over about 1:00 a.m. and I rewound it and watched it AGAIN! It sucked me totally in.

But why I love it NOW is nostalgia. I still think all those things I loved about it then are still true, but now I don't get taken into the Tron world like I did then, now I get taken back to my childhood and the 80's. Again, what a ride.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

HUDD
User

Accidental

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 11:03 AM
I first experienced Tron thanks to a freak accident, BBC 1 just happened to be showing it as I was channel flicking between The Simpsons and Coronation Street a couple of years ago. I was instantly hooked.

Whether it was the unique style or the fact that Homer had just eaten a realy large donut I'm not sure. But the fact remains that Tron is a unique film that started a revolution in films that still continues today. I'm sure that the Matrix would never have come about without Tron.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

Speeder
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 11:29 AM
Well seen as I started the thread I might as well say why I like tron. Firstly the plot, I like it cos it is so deep but simple. There is so much more to the film than you actually see.

Secondly I like it because of the stunning visuals, they're like nothing that I've seen before.

Thirdly because it became before it's time. It was a film which incorperated many things which were have been invented since the release.

And lastly because of the uniqueness of the film, which still stands to this day!!!!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

lifeasis
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 1:08 PM
Why TRON for me... Well I was only 2 years old when TRON was released. So I didn't get to experience what most of you other programs did seeing it in theaters or buying the ORIGINAL merchandise when the movie came out. But I've always been into computer graphics and animation so the movie does have a connection with what I love to do. TRON also makes me think what it would of been like being a teenager back in "82" seeing it in theaters/or "creating a TRON shrine since 1982". Something I missed out on. (DAM-WHY) But the fact is I believe TRON will make a comeback with TRON 2.0 if they ever release it in the near future. Hey I will get to see TRON 2.0 in theaters WOW, if it ever happens. Just have to believe I spose.

Speeder
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 1:40 PM
Yeh, it was a shame because I was -5 when it eas released!!!!

Pixel
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 7:52 AM
Well. :P I was born the year TRON came out, so I missed the initial "wow" factor of it.

I've always LOVED video games, and having grown on them (like someone else said, I was playing them when I was only a few years old; god bless the Amstrad), I have a real soft spot in my heart for the old games (back in the day when GAMEPLAY was vital!)

I only recently saw TRON, a year or so ago maybe, after my best friend (who I knew loved it) sent me a copy of it. I imediately fell in love with it. The storyline, the design and art of it, the glow, the characters. I loved the idea that pre-dates the snazz of the Matrix, that there is a whole other world out there, or rather, in there. The visuals were brilliant and it had humour too. It was just *nice*.

I also hopelessly and utterly fell in love with Ram. I think that helps.

Pixel. Total Ram fangirl.

-
http://www.dream-somehow.com

curtishart
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 9:14 AM
I guess it's time for me to chime in

I think the biggest factors of why I loved/love Tron is because I've always been around computers and LOVE video games, and to have a movie where someone was actually sucked into a computer to PLAY video games....well, I had to see it, of course

Tron had a huge impact on my life even years after the movie came out. My best friend at the time and I when we would spend the night at each other's house would always rent Tron from the video store and we'd play the scene of Flynn losing control of the recognizer over and over (and over) again, cracking up each time. That had to be our favorite part! Later when I got a little older, when I was a Senior in High Scool, we took a programming class. Simple stuff in basic on Apple IIe's. But after my programs ran, I always had it display the phrase "End of line..." which really irritated my teacher since that wasn't part of the program assignment.

Today, although I'm not a video game designer like I planned (Who DIDN'T want to be one at one point or another?) I'm still invovled in computers as a web designer, and my best friend I mentioned earlier, last I heard, he's working on animatronics somewhere in south Texas.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

ravenxau
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 9:52 AM
The movie just seems to define a place "on the other side of the screen" that anybody who grew up in the 80's, hanging out in video arcades can identify with. I find Lisbergers visual representation of the inside of a computer to be so creatative. I think this is what gives the movie such appeal to be watched again and again.

PyoChan
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 8:39 PM
Greetings programs...

New here, but a die-hard Tron fan for years. My answer to the "Why Tron?" question...

Embarrassingly enough, it was because of Jeff Bridges as Flynn. Being a shy, insecure 13-year-old girl at the time, I thought he was exceedingly cute as Flynn. He had that bad boy appeal that caught the attention of an innocent like me. And when he kissed Yori, I would imagine it was me.

Okay, it was also because Tron was unlike anything that had ever graced us with its presence. It was strikingly beautiful, with an otherworldly beauty that captivated me from the first promo I saw for it. Though my throughly child-of-the-90's boyfriend thinks the graphics are archaic by today's standards, I think that there's nothing archaic about the look of Tron at all.

Because of my affinity for the movie, I would often imagine what it would be like if I were to go into the Electronic World. I'm sure that I'm not the only one to wonder what sort of adventures I would have if I were zapped into the Electronic World. I don't remember it all now, but I had actually tried to come up with some lame-a$$ storyline of me as a sort of female version of Flynn going head to head against the main villain of my story, only to be in way over my head and having to be rescued, not so much by Tron, but by someone else in the story that I initially couldn't stand! Don't laugh; I was only 14 when I came up with this drivel! *tee hee*

Anyway, those are my feeble excuses... ^_^;;;; Anyone else have any recollections of Tron-inspired adventures in the Electronic World they might have envisioned for themselves?

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

Compucore
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 9:22 PM
All very interesting about tron efrom everyone here. Makes me wonder why tron myself. I guess it was that I had a small crush as well from Cindy Morgan when she graced her presence in teh film as well over here. Like the last one. And seeing her in those tight Pj's that she wore when they were in the electronic world. I think Dan Shor mentioned them the best way about the outfits.) I thought that the Movie was very unique that no other film had shown yet on the big screen. And working with the black background for the whole time in the electronic world. If I remember correctly someone in the 20th anniversary edition had mentioned weilding with light for this film. I do believe that they did an excellent job. I have found no other film yet doing what Tron has done when it came out. I'm guessing here that I am looking at it from a more technical point of view. From what I had read and had done when I was making small films. And when I was taking photogtaphy..

(okay with the exception of Transformers beast wars.) Just to cover my basis over here. But you get what I mean. Tron has something fro everyone here right there is no right or wrong. We all see something different in it.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

on Monday, June, 09, 2003 11:08 PM
What helped me out was that when I was 8 yrs. old I was easily enchanted by this amazing glowing movie screen many times bigger than I was, lol. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, June, 10, 2003 3:32 AM
PyoChan Wrote:Greetings programs...

New here, but a die-hard Tron fan for years. My answer to the "Why Tron?" question...

Embarrassingly enough, it was because of Jeff Bridges as Flynn. Being a shy, insecure 13-year-old girl at the time, I thought he was exceedingly cute as Flynn. He had that bad boy appeal that caught the attention of an innocent like me. And when he kissed Yori, I would imagine it was me.

Okay, it was also because Tron was unlike anything that had ever graced us with its presence. It was strikingly beautiful, with an otherworldly beauty that captivated me from the first promo I saw for it. Though my throughly child-of-the-90's boyfriend thinks the graphics are archaic by today's standards, I think that there's nothing archaic about the look of Tron at all.

Because of my affinity for the movie, I would often imagine what it would be like if I were to go into the Electronic World. I'm sure that I'm not the only one to wonder what sort of adventures I would have if I were zapped into the Electronic World. I don't remember it all now, but I had actually tried to come up with some lame-a$$ storyline of me as a sort of female version of Flynn going head to head against the main villain of my story, only to be in way over my head and having to be rescued, not so much by Tron, but by someone else in the story that I initially couldn't stand! Don't laugh; I was only 14 when I came up with this drivel! *tee hee*

Anyway, those are my feeble excuses... ^_^;;;; Anyone else have any recollections of Tron-inspired adventures in the Electronic World they might have envisioned for themselves?

~~ WELCOME BABETRON!!! w00t!!!! ~~
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Why Tron