General Discussion 
 TRON vs. Animatrix

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
HUDD
User

TRON vs. Animatrix

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2003 3:40 PM
I have just seen two episodes of the animatrix (nos 2 and 3 - titles have been forgotten) and i thought that the beginning of both were very reminiscent of tron.

We see the entrance of the Zion archives, full og flashy lights and distorted sahpes and that seems very familuar to the inro and end of Flynn's travels in Tron.

The (obvious - and very stupid) question is whether anyone else noticed; and also which one of them is better (need I really ask???)

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

Trace
User

Re: TRON vs. Animatrix

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2003 5:14 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but that's a good observation that I remember from Matrix Reloaded. There was a scene toward the beginning that was very remeniscent of Flynn's transfer into the computer with all the floating grids and stuff. Very cool.

Hale-XF11
User

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2003 5:40 PM
The intro/outro sequence to "The Second Renaissance Parts I & II" are the episodes that look like Tron. It's really super-psychedelic the way they did it. The story was wild, too. I'm impressed.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:29 AM
Yeah there is a definate similarity between them!!

p.s. Tron is still better!!!

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

foilism
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 4:07 AM
I think the way the matrix trilogy is moving more towards mainframes and programs that it is becoming more and more like tron.

And i agree about the animatrix, but there is another, matriculated, where they go into a simulation thats really phycadellic and has backlit stuff all over the place, plus the people are predominatly blue and red. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

HUDD
User

how time has changed

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 6:42 AM
its clear that technology really has imporoved in films. CG has improved in many ways, and its all thanks to Tron. However I still felt that the Neo flying sections were quite poorly done, as you could see that Neo was constructed by CG (they cut off his gristly hair on his chin)!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

- don't ask me!

flynnsplace
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 11:07 AM
its funny you bring this up.....we got into a huge battle at work as to who would kick more ass Neo or Flynn. me being the Tron-head that I am of course said Flynn would win cause he could just rewrite "the matrix" (good example is when Flynn brought the recognizer back to life) and Neo could really only stretch the laws of the computer world. but I was very out numbered on my opinion lol.

but yeah there are a lot of similarities between the 2 movies (and animatrix shorts as well)

I would even go as far to say that I'm not sure if the Matrix would even have existed if not for Tronon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

Trace
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 12:10 PM
The series is becoming much more tron-like in story, which is kind of disappointing. So many people don't realize it was already done with Tron--the concept of programs being like people, anyway.

But I'll give the Matrix room.

I do think Flynn would have more power. In the Matrix scenario, it is the machines that created the Matrix to control humanity. Kind of an anti-god situation. Flynn would be a literal god in the computer world, and once he fully realized his powers, could do pretty much anything. It would have been neat to see how far Flynn could have gone with his "user power" within the system.

I watched Animatrix last night. I really liked the ones that tied directly into the current film: "Last Flight of the Osiris" and "Kid's Story". I kept wondering in the film what that kid was talking about when he said Neo saved him.

"Program" was also interesting although a little too anime for me. What was up with "Beyond"? I still don't get that one. "World Record" was an absolute trip...and sad. I think my favorite was "A Detective's Story". The animation in that one was absolutely gorgeous! And "Martriculated" was okay, but a little flat, IMHO.

The backstory given in "The Second Renaisannce 1" and "-2" was fascinating. Very Terminator. Very intense as well--not for kids.

Overall, a really great DVD!

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 12:38 PM
Yeah I have to agree with you trace!!! But my favourite one hs to be the second Renaissanse!! Everything about is ingenious! even the title, because the renaissance was an arts and music revolution which started in europe and spread!!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Lew
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 12:41 PM
HUDD Wrote:The (obvious - and very stupid) question is whether anyone else noticed…

Yes

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=149071

Cheeto
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 1:04 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:The intro/outro sequence to "The Second Renaissance Parts I & II" are the episodes that look like Tron. It's really super-psychedelic the way they did it. The story was wild, too. I'm impressed.

I'm sorta dissapointed with the animatrix so far. The stories they have a fantastic. i love the detective and The second renaissance. I just wish that instead of a 20 minute long video, they could make entire movies. There's not really enough time to develope characters and tell the whole story in less than an hour.

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 1:44 PM
I'm sorta dissapointed with the animatrix so far. The stories they have a fantastic. i love the detective and The second renaissance. I just wish that instead of a 20 minute long video, they could make entire movies. There's not really enough time to develope characters and tell the whole story in less than an hour.

I totally agree with you that there wasn't enough development in most of the stories, just characters running around screaming and trying not to get killed, etc. Although the Renaissance really filled in some interesting content regarding the downfall of humanity.

Me, I'm just taking it all for what it's worth and enjoying the best of it, even if most of it is just eye candy.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

HUDD
User

Osiris Crisis

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:17 PM
I share your views, several of the episodes were quite poor given the hype and anticipation surrounding them (I had been witing 6 months to see them). They are far too short at only 10 minutes long, some of the animation is poor and badly done, some of the storylines are very similar to other such storylines.

But I think that the most impressive feature of the anuimatrix was the Final Flight of the Osiris, I personally loved the Final Fantasy movie; even if it was a huge flop at the cinema. The CG is absolutely phenominal and really does shpw what I said earlier about advances in technology.

Overall I share your opinions on the series and was left asking more questions than I had before watching it in the first place!!!

- don't ask me!

HUDD
User

Osiris Crisis

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:17 PM
I share your views, several of the episodes were quite poor given the hype and anticipation surrounding them (I had been witing 6 months to see them). They are far too short at only 10 minutes long, some of the animation is poor and badly done, some of the storylines are very similar to other such storylines.

But I think that the most impressive feature of the anuimatrix was the Final Flight of the Osiris, I personally loved the Final Fantasy movie; even if it was a huge flop at the cinema. The CG is absolutely phenominal and really does show what I said earlier about advances in technology.

Overall I share your opinions on the series and was left asking more questions than I had before watching it in the first place!!!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

- don't ask me!

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:38 PM
How can you say that, where the anamation looks bad, it was meant to be!!! so leave em alone, right!!1
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

foilism
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:57 PM
HUDD Wrote:
I suck

I couldn't agree more HUD, you do suck, if the animation isn't to your taste tehn don't badmouth it. There are some of the shorts that I don't apreciate, like World record, I find it hard to watch. Final flight of the osiris is fantastic, but i don't think it follows the strict visulas that the matrix was meant to be based on -- live action anime, with real action. It's just really good CG.

But in saying that, the guys who did it, did final fantasy. And they said that that film was anime, in 3D.

blablabla

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:58 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself!!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

foilism
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 3:03 PM
No offense meant HUDD. sorry.

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 3:06 PM
Yeah no hard feelings we love you really (I think)!!!

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 3:15 PM
HUDD Wrote:I share your views, several of the episodes were quite poor given the hype and anticipation surrounding them (I had been witing 6 months to see them). They are far too short at only 10 minutes long, some of the animation is poor and badly done, some of the storylines are very similar to other such storylines.

But I think that the most impressive feature of the anuimatrix was the Final Flight of the Osiris, I personally loved the Final Fantasy movie; even if it was a huge flop at the cinema. The CG is absolutely phenominal and really does shpw what I said earlier about advances in technology.

Overall I share your opinions on the series and was left asking more questions than I had before watching it in the first place!!!

I like to think of the animatrix more as an essential dietary supplement to the main course meal, the movie.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON vs. Animatrix