General Discussion 
 Stange request

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
tron_fanfare
User

Stange request

on Sunday, April, 13, 2003 10:24 PM
Hi everyone, sorry i havent been around much latley =) I need some help with something. I getting ready to design a new guitar (I have been playing for some time) and was thinking of something tron-esque. Now this will be a one of a kind instrument and I have no intent on selling the design I/we come up with but I need ideas. My father has offered to pay for all the materials so cost isnt a problem. I am stuck on what kind of shape to give the guitar that would fit the tron theme. Any ideas are welcome

Tron Fanfareabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

Nikster
User

Re: Stange request

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 12:43 AM
A disk (O) order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Trace
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 12:58 AM
Like this one?

Trace throws her disk at Nikster!

(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)

Bwah ha!

Syntax
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 1:12 AM
Syntax intercepts!

(O) <<<<<<<<<<

I will save you, m'lady!

----------------------------
Syntax

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 1:16 AM
Go for geometrical look... and you can study circut boards to get the circut lines.

Geometrical lines is really the number one thing to keep in mind when it comes to designing things in a tron-fashion.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 1:48 AM
*whew*

Thanks, Syntax

Now then, Trace, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!??!?!?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Syntax
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 2:26 AM
Nikster Wrote:*whew*

Thanks, Syntax

Now then, Trace, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!??!?!?
I try.

Syntax

Speeder
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 5:03 AM
Let me get this right, are you actually making the guitar yourself or I you designing it and somebody elss is making it.

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 10:37 AM
Use some 3M reflective tape!!! It'll really look like TRON then!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

foilism
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 2:18 PM
ER, Why don't you make it seethrough with a grid inside, aawww that would look great.

shorty99
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 9:42 PM

Thanks, Syntax

What happened to your trusty sidekick Shorty?
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Syntax
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 10:35 PM
shorty99 Wrote:

Thanks, Syntax

What happened to your trusty sidekick Shorty?
You weren't around....?

Syntax

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 10:58 PM
I have an idea.

You should just plain use the logo. Here's how. I made a quick diagram and made it into a JPEG image and emailed it to Auric and am gonna ask him if he can somehow post a link to it here for you to see. Until it's up, here's a description of what I've got in mind.

The problem with the logo being used in a single form like a guitar body is that it's split into 4 different independant parts. What you could do is create a secondary form that is recessed away from the surface of the main lettering that conforms to the body of it, sort of like a trace-around distance. The first two images in the one I made present this flat-dead-on with two different distances (I kinda like the greater distance better; it makes the points on the 'n' more dramatic). More importantly, you can see my crudely made 3D offset that shows what I mean. This is a means to keep it "one single chunk" that can be the guitar body, but the letters being carved away at a different depth (like a relief) can present the logo as it's meant to be seen, although it surely be easier to cut these forms separately then attach them to the single-form backing. You could even paint to greater effect to make the logo jump out.

I hope with the diagram this makes sense.

But, dude, I'd not stop there. I'd use some of those electroluminous wires to give that sucker the punch it deserves too! You could run the power invisiblely along with the audio cord in some clever way.

What do you think?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

tron_fanfare
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 11:28 PM
I am amking the guitar myself I currently have 3 others Ive made and had great success with them. Jedi I like the idea only I forseeable problem though, have to figure out how to make the electronics of the instrument fit into that but ill work on it I have figured out the fret markers (the dots on the side of the neck) will be lit blue and powered by a 9v battery Ive done it before and I think im gonna take some aluminum anodized blue and resess the tron logo into the face of the neck then clear coat that to keep the stings from buzzing. I think on the back ill but the faces of all the main characters (Flynn, Sark, Tron and Yori) When i get this all worked out and put together in photoshop ill post a pic...Thanks for all the great ideas everyone

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, April, 15, 2003 11:33 PM
Yea I see what you're saying. Do you think that when the individual letters are made but haven't been actually attached to the body they will yield the convenience of incorporating the bridge and heads and such then? Hm. I've not built a guitar before so I'm probably oversimpifying the process.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 8:50 AM
Just an idea with the electro glow wire. Be neat if you could make the lights interact with the guitar strings.

For a design, defintally need something geometric.
You could get some of that glow powder that way you could paint on some nice circutry. The glow wire seems a little hard for making cuircut details.

There's a ton of possibilities with the desing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 9:26 AM
Although the glow wire could do a fantastic job as backlighting. Details could be painted onto a transparent material, such as glass, with good opaque paint to make nice, tight circuits then backlit with the wire.

Hm?

--Spock

tron_fanfare
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 10:35 PM
normally you would get the shape of the guitar done then bore out the cavities for the pickups with a router then paint, add bridge and tailpiece, Im working on a pic to post a link to here with what I have figured out so far...if im feeling really adventurous ill do a 3d model in 3d studion max =)where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 8:17 AM
Cool.

--Spock

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 12:16 PM
My sister plays the guitar, but I don't know much about the mechanics of one - does the hollow cavity inside have to be certain dimensions and stuff, in order to generate the correct sound? Or is that all dependant on the strings? I'm just trying to think if radically altering the shape of the bottom part of a guitar would change the way it sounds, etc.

Syntax

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Stange request