Other Sectors 
 Any big music fans here?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
false reality
User

Any big music fans here?

on Friday, February, 21, 2003 4:11 AM
I admit, when I'm not watching TV, I'm on the computer, and I often listen to music. I'm very passionate about it. I mostly listen to female artists like Celine Dion, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Faith Hill, Shania Twain, and Dixie Chicks. Occasionally, I find something I like that isn't pop, country, or R&B. I love old Motown music, 60's and 70's singer-songwriter music like James Taylor and Carole King, and a lot of other stuff. The internet has made me VERY diverse in my musical tastes because I can discover music I haven't heard without buying a CD where I may not like anything.

I am nobody.

Nikster
User

Re: Any big music fans here?

on Friday, February, 21, 2003 12:18 PM
Yeah...I listen to almost anything, from Prince to KISS to Britney Spears to Parliment-Funkadelic. My friends are amused by my CD collection. I've found some stuff on the net, but I still buy most all of my CD's at the record store.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

foilism
User

on Friday, February, 21, 2003 1:33 PM
I love to play and make music, i've played guitar for 3 years and i'm studying music. I like to play jazz and a bit of blues, but unfortunatly i listen to punk. My guiatr comes 1st on my prized possestion list, my flynn doll comes 2nd [even though there's a £600 difference between the two]
Any who I agree with you false, that the internet helps in finding a wide range of tastes, If it wasn't for the net i probably wouldn't have got into tron.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

cartman_land
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 12:27 PM
I love linkin park ,simple plan, green day ,the black eyed peas and gwen Stefaniwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

cartman_land
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 12:28 PM
the only music person I can't stand is brittany spears!

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 1:08 PM
I listen to stuff ranging from the 1920's to present day. My personal favorites are The Who, The Kinks, Prince and The Call. However, I listen to anything good.

One of my staff this morning came in early and caught me listening to Kelly Clarkson's "since U Been gone" followed by Ace Of Base's "The Sign". He claims to have lost some respect for me now.

I can't help it, they are fun songs. Think I need to whip out some ABBA and lay it on him. I am open to just about anything musically as long as it's good.

Cartman Land, I have to say I think Insane Clown Posse are joke though. How you feel about Britney Spears is how I feel about ICP. Glad you like 'em, somebody other than their mother should, but they do nothing for me.

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 1:52 PM

I like all kinds of music. Film Score, 80's pop (Oingo Boingo),Dance and Trance type electronic music (Kraftwerk, Sasha, Armin Van Buuren). Classic Rock (Pink Floyd and Zeppelin, Rush, Bowie), and also some older alternative stuff (Big Audio Dynamite, They Might Be Giants, The Ocean Blue... etc)

I will not listen to Rap.
I will not listen to Country-Western.

I dont overly hate the new music coming out these days, but I am going to let my age show. I think it all sounds the same, to be honest. Originality is gone and died in the early 90's.

Prankster bit
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 2:47 PM
when it comes to music, i'm a bit of an outcast. i mean that in a good way since 80%of modern music is crap IMO. i have a soft spot for techno. as i type this, i can feel the desk vibrating under the beat of "Da Funk" by Daft Punk [i think i'll turn it down a bit], but i have quite a diverse music collection, ranging from Daft Punk to Yoko Kanno. my favourites though are:

1)Daft Punk [techno/bass]2)Subatomicglue http://www.subatomicglue.com/ [techno/bass]where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 2:56 PM
Prankster,

There are some great groups in each of those categories you say you don't like. If you are truly a fan of great music, I challenge you to go find something in each of those categories you do like. Look into some of the 60's and 70's R&B and Soul artists and I think you will find some stuff that fits into your world very nicely.

Under every pile of crap is often a diamond. I am always surprised by what I like in the modern musical scene.

DaveTRON

Prankster bit
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 3:11 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Prankster,

There are some great groups in each of those categories you say you don't like. If you are truly a fan of great music, I challenge you to go find something in each of those categories you do like. Look into some of the 60's and 70's R&B and Soul artists and I think you will find some stuff that fits into your world very nicely.

Under every pile of crap is often a diamond. I am always surprised by what I like in the modern musical scene.

ok, let me rephrase that last paragraph:

i am diverse in my music, but i'm not too keen on modern R&B, Grunge, [well, i hate the stuff. i really, really do. i'm suprised it can be classed as music rather than noise] i was generalising a bit with the rap, there are a few eg: eminem that i like [to an extent], Boy and girl bands; it's not that i don't like them, it's the fact that all the different bands produce exactly the same kind of music. the manufactured pop icons are the same as the boy/girl bands.

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 3:39 PM
Ahhh. Got it.

DaveTRON

Tori
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 3:56 PM
My list of music that I listen to is huge.
Here are a few (Umm...there's actualy a lot here):
A Perfect Circle, They Might Be Giants, Orb, Fatboy Slim, Aphex Twin, Beck, Gary Neuman, The Cramps, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Laurie Anderson,The Polyphonic Spree, David Byrne, Porter Wagnoner (The only good country...is funny and dark...), Bjork, Negativland, Orb,Turin Brakes, Beth Orton, Mazzy Star, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake,The Willowz, Os Mutantes, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn, MC Frontalot(Nerdcore Hiphop www.frontalot.com), Gang Of Four, Television, The Doors, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Par Ubu, Talking Heads, Meat Beat Manefesto, Massive Attack,Polyphonic Spree, Happy Mondays, New Order, William Orbit, X,Chemical Brothers, Tori Aimos, Boards Of Canada, DEVO, Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, And other stuff that I am now too lazy to list here...

==

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 4:04 PM
Tori Wrote:My list of music that I listen to is huge.
A Perfect Circle, They Might Be Giants, Orb, Fatboy Slim, Aphex Twin, Beck, Gary Neuman, The Cramps, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Laurie Anderson,The Polyphonic Spree, David Byrne, Porter Wagnoner (The only good country...is funny and dark...), Bjork, Negativland, Orb,Turin Brakes, Beth Orton, Mazzy Star, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake,The Willowz, Os Mutantes, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn, MC Frontalot(Nerdcore Hiphop www.frontalot.com), Gang Of Four, Television, The Doors, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Par Ubu, Talking Heads, Meat Beat Manefesto, Massive Attack,Polyphonic Spree, Happy Mondays, New Order, William Orbit, X,Chemical Brothers, Tori Aimos, Boards Of Canada, DEVO, Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, And other stuff that I am now too lazy to list here...

Lots of good stuff on that list!

DaveTRON

Astrozombbie!!!
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:01 PM
Hi guys

I love the music

I have my Radio Program about Rock...

REALLY...

I L O V E T H E M U S I C

I have in Tron-SECTOR a little list to my album´s colection...

LITTLE... because now is more BIG

this is the link

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=308275&pg=2

Tori
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:06 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:

Lots of good stuff on that list!

YAY! I'm not being yelled at!!
Yeah, I have a huge taste in music, which seems to confuse people...

heheh...

==

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:36 PM
Here I go...

White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, The Ramones, Concrete Blonde, Huey Lewis and the News, Green Jello, Sam & Dave, Billy Joel, Deee-Lite, Meatloaf, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, The Cars, The Cult, Blondie, Violent Femmes, AC-DC, Van Halen (Dave and Sammy), Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, The Beastie Boys, The Bangles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Primus, Space, and even more that I can't remember right now.

This isn't counting music I don't have on CD or MP3. I also like classical music, jazz, blues, big band, rock 'n' roll, motown, surf rock, country (up until the late 1980's; after that I don't like most of it), and other stuff.

I guess I have a very eclectic taste in music.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:46 PM
I'll listen to almost anything that has a good beat to it. But one kind of genre that I love a lot over here personally is acap[ell music over here. Like from The group The Nylons or Rockapella for example. Just something about acapella that I lile so much about it. Force M.D.'s is another froupd that I like from the 80's as well.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:56 PM
Here are a few (Umm...there's actualy a lot here)

Tori... can I make a few suggestions of albums you might like?

1) Big Audio Dynamite : Megatop Phoenix
2) Sasha : Involver
3) Orbital : Middle Of Nowhere
4 Peter Murphy: Deep.

Based on your list I think you might like them.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 5:59 PM
Compucore Wrote:But one kind of genre that I love a lot over here personally is acap[ell music over here.

Have you heard of a group called "Inside Out"? If not give them a listen to.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Astrozombbie!!!
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2005 9:43 PM
Hey

Somebody have a song with the name

"Never Seen God" by Sun 60 ???

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Any big music fans here?