General Discussion 
 TronCon

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Auric
Sector Creator

TronCon

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 10:44 AM
Okay gang. If we can make TronCon happen, what would you like to see or do at the convension?

Again nothing is definate yet, but we want to hear from you!

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Trace
User

First of all

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 1:27 PM
I just have to say, THIS IS SO COOL!!! I will put some thought into it, Auric! Count me in As I told you by email, I was already planning to be in LA at that time. Whoda thunk it?

curtishart
User

Tron movie

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 3:48 PM
Well, one thing would be cool is to set up a room showing the Tron 20th Anniversary DVD playing the entire time while the convention is running.

Way back when, when I used to go to comic conventions, they always had a 24 hour movie room and 24 hour anime room. Nice break, if you just want to go in, sit and rest while being entertained!

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

curtishart
User

Another random thought...

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 3:50 PM
Since Tron 2.0 will be released by then, I think DaveTron should be a guest speaker discussing the game development, etc...

(Be forewarned, I'll probably post multiple posts here as a thought runs my my little brain so I don't forget it) abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

KiaPurity
User

Aww!

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 6:01 PM
I'd like to attend but I doubt I could because I lack a car. ;_; plus, I'm allllllll the way in Kansas. x.x

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

I wish I could go.

on Thursday, January, 30, 2003 9:50 PM
Too bad I won't be able to make it either. Since its too far away for me. If it was being held in Montreal Quebec. I would have said no problem. But its a no go for me upover here.

P.S. But I do wish that if it does happens keep the rest of us informaed on what happened that day would be nice to know. Since I did go to a few Science fiction rallys up here and they were fun when they were in town.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Trace
User

No Title

on Thursday, January, 30, 2003 10:52 PM
Cold circuits! Just wouldn't be the same without y'all. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, though

Auric, suggestion for the TronCon: It would probably be good to keep it simple the first time. A screening or two would definitely be in order and I love the idea of the Q&A...actually all the stuff you mentioned would be cool. Just don't want it to be overwhelming for the first time for the folks putting it together. Quality, not quantity, I says!

Nikster
User

Gosh Darn It....

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:00 AM
I'd loooove to go too. But, like Kia, I lack a car and I am stuck in BFE (In my case southern Illannoy). It sure sounds like fun tho If it turns out anything like the Star Trek convention I went to, it'll be a BLAST for everyone involved

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 9:40 AM
I'd love to, but LA is a long way from Fort Worth.

Wish I had a Solar Sailer.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

shorty99
User

I know I can't go but...

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:45 PM
I think it is so cool that you are the one able to hold it!

foilism
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:45 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as most people, LA is a long way to go. But if it happens -- have a great time for me!

Xoxotl
User

Too far for me...

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 8:59 PM
LA is just too far from the East Coast. Maybe if it was being held in the NYC area...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

shorty99
User

I think...

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 9:51 PM
that they should hold it some where in the middle, in a big city of course. I know LA is a huge city and would have great attendance but what about the people that live to far?

Speeder
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 3:18 PM
Well if you hold it in America i,m skrewed anyway.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Qix77
User

No Title

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 3:27 AM
Here is a thought...

L.A. (which many of us wont be able to make it) could be the HQ for the party.

For those of us that are not able to make it can through our own and have a net link to L.A. on the same day.

Save up, purchas really good net vid cams, get broad ban for the month, alert the media, and try to make it as if it is the mini 2000 new years.

Have TRON 2.0 death maches, use the available freeware Lightcycles games for internet tournys, and rent TRON 80's arcade games for the "TRON Of The Year Record". Buy lots of custom fresbys for memborial sake, through TRON costume parties. Just have all around fun.

This is very possible if you get your friends invovled to save up some money and rent some space at your local park, civic center, etc...

Have L.A. as the HQ, and have everywhere else as being the link to HQ. Have online chat..... It can very well be limitless but you've got to spread the word.

....... phew....... that was a burst of engery.

Remember that anything is possible when you make it possible.

TriggerEXE
User

It's cool

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 9:25 AM
I think it's a great idea. Hopefully you can get a rep from Disney to be there. Maybe a few game and toy sponsors too. Handing out free stuff. ^_^ Most big conventions are held in L.A. or thereabouts. Sadly, I'm way over on the other side of the US and couldn't hope to make it. If it was held somewhere, say Atlanta, GA, then I could attend. They have a few different cons there every so often. Perhaps this con could travel from state to state? Maybe. Otherwise, bring me back some souvenirs, and a six pack of Circuit Cola!

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

tronclone
User

TronCon

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 5:27 PM
Eventhough I couldn't make it, some thoughts for evetns would be a costume contest or simply a costume show and tell, examples of fan fiction OR fan movies.

I think I'm a Clone Now

Trace
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:11 PM
I see the dates have changed to early July. If it's on a weekend, I will still plan to attend, though it's a bit dicier now.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 5:58 PM
As much as I would love to go, tiss too far for this program.

Some kinda message center on the net or even a photo section to keep members posted on what's going on would be neat.

Wish I had a recongizer rightnow cause then I could get there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

atari05
User

If I would of been given that light cycle at birth!!!!

on Wednesday, February, 05, 2003 5:34 AM
I would be able to go. Yet cause of prior promises to future engaments, I wouldn't be able to go. *as of now I'm invisioning the moths coming out of my wallet just from those two events*. Now if it was scheduled for Fall this year, or even sometime next year. I could say YES for sure I would be there. God knows I will use any excuse for a trip as long as I got the money.

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TronCon