General Discussion 
 Light Cycles

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Speeder
User

Light Cycles

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 12:43 PM
Did any other of you programs ever think that more should have been done with light cycles in tron, cos i would have liked more action from the light cycles.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 1:58 PM
Not particularly. I think more should have been done with GRID BUGS.

Feel lucky we got them at all. It was harder than heck to do what they did manage to get on screen.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

foilism
User

Grid Games

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 4:01 PM
I really wish we'd have gotten a chance to see some more grid games, like a take on space invaders -- that would be cool. I see the ring game as a pong kind of variant -- any thoughts on grid games?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 4:19 PM
I think they did fine with the light cycles.
I've always wondered how they train the programs for the lightcycle game.

Tetris on the game grid would be cool. INCOMING BLOCK! >>WHAM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Speeder
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 11:18 AM
I see what your getting at but on the first scene with the light cycles, they escape and it seems just to short and abrupt some how! What they did afterwards with the tanks and the light cycles was brill, but more of the racing would have been better.

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 12:02 PM
Speeder, were you around back when Tron was released? If so, you might be just forgetting how powerful those images where back then. The very first light cycle sequence (with Sark fighting those nobodies) was intentionally brief just to introduce it and juice up the audience early in the film, saving the bigger one 'til later. Now, the cylces moved more dramaticly once they broke off the game grid, but were meant to look the way they did during the combat because they're meant to look like they're in an arcade game of the day. But, once they were on the loose they moved more fluid.

Everything had a good reason to be the way it was as I see it, epecially concidering it's a 20 year old movie.

It's easy as pie to 'want more', but count that as a good thing. Cruddy movies don't leave you with that. Tron was good at leaving our imaginations expanding on what we saw and we then can't help but wish THOSE things were up there too, but that's not a fair thing to place on the film. Our added imagined ideas should be a compliment to the film, not the other way around.

So, like I said earlier, count yourselves lucky we got what we did, because we are.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Speeder
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 1:01 PM
To answer your question, no I wasn't around when Tron was releasedand sorry, you have now changed my mind ,for a twenty year old movie Tron is ace.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 1:19 PM
I wish you'd been there. It was a cool time for films, I think.

--Spock

Speeder
User

No Title

on Thursday, January, 30, 2003 7:54 AM
Yeah I wish I was there.

Nikster
User

I saw it :D

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:07 AM
I saw it when it was first in theatres...I thought it was the most amazing thing. I was drawing Recognizers, Lightcycles and MCP Cones on my notebooks at school for WEEKS after I saw it. I also discovered that frisbee could be a contact sport

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:36 AM
Yeah, I wish I could of seen it in theaters. The closest I ever came was watching it in the computer lab I worked in. It had a projector screen hooked up to the main terminal desk which wounderfully had a DVD drive in it.
Some of the teachers that walked in as it was playing were all like, "Wow, this is TRON! I remember this movie!" One even stayed to watch the rest since he had never seen the ending. Before he left he said he was going home to brag to his wife that he's seen the rest of Tron and she still hasn't.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Nikster
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:44 AM
They REALLY need to re-release the movie. Maybe even tweek it a little like George Lucas did with Star Wars You really gotta see Tron on the big screen...it's incredible

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Trace
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:08 AM
I think I saw it nine times in the theater. I was absolutely in love with this movie. I had never seen anything like it and I loved computers. This film put my two loves together: movies and computers!

I was blessed enough to get to see it a few years ago at the El Capitan when it was shown there as a special event. Saw it twice!

Oh...so I guess that makes it 11 times in the theater! Oy!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:15 AM
I'd rather them not special-edition-ize it. If they invest any time, money or effort towards Tron at all now, just make a new sequel and be done with it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Speeder
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 8:02 AM
Yeah, i've only seen it once and that was on DVD. I can't really imagine any way to make it any better. If they did they could run the risk of ruining it, and that would be a shame.

HUDD
User

ITV films stink

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 8:09 AM
I have seen the Film three times, twice of which were pretty shabbily done on ITV during the Christmas period several years ago. More recently I borrowed the Special Edition DVD from a friend and was able to experience a much fuller movie experience! Although it is dated I can personally state that it is one of the top films I have ever had the honour and privelage of watching.

P.S. I am new, so hi to everyone!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

foilism
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 8:12 AM
When the DVD was about to be released in the UK I watched tron on a big screen made up of 4 tvs. There was no-one around so i sat on the couch and appreciated the surround sound. It was cool .

Greeting HUDD where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 9:36 AM
Welcome HUDD!

Star Wars fan too, eh? You're in good company.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

--Spock

Trace
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 5:02 PM
Yep, welcome to the sector, HUDD where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Lew
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 9:18 AM
Another n00b checking in…

I was also one of the unlucky ones who never got to see it in the cinema, but I've certainly compensated for it(I now own the original DVD and both the US and UK versions of the 20th Anniversary DVD. Sad, heh? .) I have to agree with the previous poster about watching it on a projection screen. I borrowed the LitePro from where I work a while back and watched the SE DVD on a lovely 6'x4' screen. Nice.

Nice forum, btw. I think I'll interface quite nicelyorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Light Cycles