TRON turns 35 in two days (July 9)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
matthew180
User

on Friday, July, 07, 2017 5:18 PM
Found this article:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/tron-jeff-bridges-cgi-1982-disney-anniversary-1202486941/

35 Years!!  Too bad this forum is so dead these days, seems it will be a lonely celebration.  I'm *almost* the only person to post in over two weeks...

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Agent 82
User

RE: TRON turns 35 in two days (July 9)

on Sunday, July, 09, 2017 12:18 PM
Happy 35th anniversary to Tron! I just saw it for the 25th time a few weeks ago, first time in nearly 3 years I'd seen it! Very first time I saw Tron was July 11th, 2012, just a few days after its 30th anniversary. It's been my favorite movie ever since

Aloys
User

on Sunday, July, 09, 2017 8:30 PM
35 Years!!  Too bad this forum is so dead these days, seems it will be a lonely celebration.  I'm *almost* the only person to post in over two weeks...

You're (almost) not alone! You think the users are still out there?
35 years already.. Feels like yesterday that I got the 20th anniversary DVD.. How time flies.

laphtiya
User

on Monday, July, 10, 2017 6:58 AM
matthew180 Wrote:Found this article:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/tron-jeff-bridges-cgi-1982-disney-anniversary-1202486941/

Not alone, I'm almost here every day.  Perhaps this was why 2.0 was patched for windows 10?

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, July, 11, 2017 5:17 PM
Happy late b-day, Tron! 35 years young and still derezing the bad guys.

To celebrate I'm going to sit back and watch the original and legacy this week.

Tonight though, since my 2 year old niece is coming over, we're going to watch Tron Evolution together. I just purchased them on itunes!

(I haven't been online for a year to be honest. My motherboard on my laptop fried and I couldn't afford to replace it till now.)

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, July, 30, 2017 9:43 AM
It's been eons since I had posted here in Tron-sector young scripts. But it is still alive. The group that used to be posting here often will be back soon enough. I am one of many that will be hopefully coming back to light things up here. And happy Birthday to tron. The movie itself with Jeff Bridges and the orignal cast members were the ones that got me hooked into the computer realm. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

adolfalexander
User

on Monday, August, 07, 2017 5:19 AM
Glad 35th commemoration to Tron! I just observed it for the 25th time half a month prior, first time in almost 3 years I'd seen it! First time I saw Tron was July eleventh, 2012, only a couple of days after its 30th commemoration. It's been my most loved motion picture from that point forward. Dissertation Help

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, August, 14, 2017 4:00 PM
I'm still here. Lurking in the background. Been dealing with some health problems, but binge-watching the entire series of Uprising lifts my spirits a bit.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, August, 15, 2017 10:44 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I'm still here. Lurking in the background. Been dealing with some health problems, but binge-watching the entire series of Uprising lifts my spirits a bit.
Where exactly can you watch Uprising? Since it's been cancelled I've NEVER seen it re-run ANYWHERE on any channel. 

Zaxxon
User

on Wednesday, August, 16, 2017 8:39 AM
Damn... missed TRON's 35th bday...

Ivy
User

on Saturday, August, 19, 2017 11:55 AM
So did I....
Happy delated Birthday, Tron

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

DarthMeow504
User

on Saturday, August, 19, 2017 4:29 PM
I missed it too. But I have been replaying Tron 2.0 and I bought Tron: Evolution and am playing it for the first time. So, despite the fact that I didn't do anything specific for the anniversary I have been keeping TRON close to my heart and active in my life.

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, August, 31, 2017 7:27 PM
EXODUS Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:I'm still here. Lurking in the background. Been dealing with some health problems, but binge-watching the entire series of Uprising lifts my spirits a bit.
Where exactly can you watch Uprising? Since it's been cancelled I've NEVER seen it re-run ANYWHERE on any channel. 
You buy it from iTunes. I've never seen it anywhere else since the season ended.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, October, 07, 2017 12:50 PM
It is scary to think that in just five years time it will be it's 40th anniversary! :O

Either way, it now kind of confirms my suspicious that Tron 3 will NEVER happen now, because if ANY of the original cast want to appear has they'll probably be just to old now.

Bruce Boxleitner has really made Tron his own character (and it's almost impossible to image anyone else playing this role apart from him  ), but even now he's 67. If they were to announce that the next Tron film TOMORROW, and if it took 2 years to make, he'd be almost 70 by then... :P  

Rinzler73
User

on Monday, October, 09, 2017 10:45 PM
I was thinking watching the big SW trailer reveal tonight how great it would be if Disney would sell the rights to Tron. The Disney that created Tron isn't anything like the mega-corporate political Disney of today. I doubt they ever would as the Tron roller coaster in Asia just opened last year.

But if they did with an agreement to keep some rights, let another studio have a crack at it. 

It's just an amazing world with so many possibilities.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, October, 10, 2017 11:44 AM
EXODUS Wrote:It is scary to think that in just five years time it will be it's 40th anniversary! :O

Either way, it now kind of confirms my suspicious that Tron 3 will NEVER happen now, because if ANY of the original cast want to appear has they'll probably be just to old now.

Bruce Boxleitner has really made Tron his own character (and it's almost impossible to image anyone else playing this role apart from him  ), but even now he's 67. If they were to announce that the next Tron film TOMORROW, and if it took 2 years to make, he'd be almost 70 by then... :P  
Unless you use some of the characters from the original tron 2.0 game like Jet Alan bradly son, Sam which is Kevin Flynn son in the tron legacy. And bring it close to parallel lines of when Bruce and Jeff character brought int from the two. You could possibly do something with it. Although it would not be the exact same thing as when the original Tron came out. I remember when I was younger I had written a tron script after the movie aired in 1982 but lost it since it was written on the Bank street writer all those years ago that used their kids as the main characters. With similar traits to their parents being in the field computer engineering. And since Quorra is already in the real world from Tron Legacy. 
These are just some thoughts of my own. which I think could be done.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

RevTek
User

on Friday, February, 09, 2018 7:23 PM
I may be mistaken but I think your link goes to Google.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion