General Discussion 
 Flynn's Arcade.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
EXODUS
User

Flynn's Arcade.

on Tuesday, May, 09, 2017 7:58 AM
Just recently, when I was thinking about the original film, there's one scene that got me wondering:

About three years prior to 82 Flynn creates a whole stack of games, including Space Paranoids, Matrix Blaster etc.

Dillinger (somehow) hears about this, and steals them from his account.

A month later he presents them to the Board, and gets promoted.

But if that's the case, then what I want to know is why Flynn ended up at the Arcade afterwards? 

Flynn says that he went in and found all his files were empty, which to me implies that both Dillinger and himself were actually employed by Encom at the time (and there's strong evidence that Flynn was a former employee at Encom-"They should never have got rid of me").

Despite Dillinger's actions Flynn's employment at Encom seems to have been terminated for some reason.

One possibility I can think of was that after Dillinger promoted 'his' games Flynn tries to hack into Dillinger's account to find the games and prove his deception (has we've seen, his pretty good at that kind of thing).

What happens? He gets caught!

And then he gets FIRED by the Board.

I can't really think of any other reason then that.  

matthew180
User

RE: Flynn's Arcade.

on Sunday, June, 25, 2017 2:11 PM
Maybe he became disgruntled, or made accusations he could not prove.  Also, if he was spending all his time working on the games, then all of a sudden it is all gone, he has nothing to show for what he was doing for the past few months.  Wasting company time and money, so they fire him.

Lots of possibilities I suppose, and the writers did not think it was important to the plot, so it is up to you do decide whatever makes the story work best for yourself.

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

adolfalexander
User

RE: Flynn's Arcade.

on Monday, August, 07, 2017 5:23 AM
One possibility I can think of was that after Dillinger promoted 'his' games Flynn tries to hack into Dillinger's account to find the games and prove his deception (has we've seen, his pretty good at that kind of thing).  

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Flynn's Arcade.