Tron 2.0 
 My TRON 2.0 Review for the CRPG Book Project

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, March, 25, 2016 2:13 AM

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-tron-20-review-for-crpg-book-project.html

A while back, I was invited to write a review of TRON 2.0 for a book. In the link above, you can see a screenshot of it.

The hope is that if you haven't played TRON 2.0 before now, the review might spur you to give the game a try.

I'm grateful for the opportunity, and it will share space in the book with other reviews from game developers and people in the gaming press. Such as Chris Avellone (Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Fallout: New Vegas), Peter “Durante” Thoman (of DSFix fame), and more.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

flynn1978
User

RE: My TRON 2.0 Review for the CRPG Book Project

on Sunday, March, 27, 2016 3:09 AM
Awesome review!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 08, 2016 7:52 PM

The 4th preview of the CRPG Book Project has just been released, containing over 200 reviews in the space of 350 pages!

http://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/update-14-the-fourth-release/

Debuting in this release of the book is my TRON 2.0 review, which can be found on page 194. Let me know what you think of my review, and the book overall!

The CRPG Book Project is a non-profit digital book in .PDF form, that aims to review as many classic and modern Computer Role-Playing Games (CRPGs) as possible. With emphasis on accuracy (development history and game mechanics), and finding reviewers who are knowledgeable and passionate about the game titles that they review.

The book will likely be printed and see a physical release when it’s completed in 2017. But the digital version will always remain online and free to download.

TRON 2.0 qualified for inclusion in the book, because it’s a First-Person Shooter/Role-Playing Game hybrid, featuring light RPG elements such as experience points, character progression, “inventory” management, and skill and “equipment” upgrades (subroutines).

I think this is a fantastic project. It’s great that there are people like Felipe Pepe, and the other contributors to the book: who want to keep an accurate account of each game title’s place in history, and who know each game they’re reviewing inside and out.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Thursday, June, 16, 2016 12:22 AM
Hey, awesome job, TronFAQ!  And congrats   Is a great review/summary.  I hope it encourages more people to try it; and hope it makes those who have played it before play it again.  (Not to mention, hope it gets more to try your User Error mod). 

I shall now post a link to Tron 2.0 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327740/

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, June, 18, 2016 3:03 PM
Cool review, TronFAQ!

I'm definitely keeping this project on my bookmarks. I'd love to get into some new games and revisit some old ones.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0