General Discussion 
 which is Best dvd version

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
dogvader
User

on Sunday, March, 13, 2016 10:26 PM
So I have seen tron many times and yet I have never own my own copy. and now I don't know which one to get . So which one is  the most definitive version .  20TH anniversary  , Tron classic or the 2000 release . And by best  I mean by content , behind the scenes , gallery stuff like that .

PH3AR
User

RE: which is Best dvd version

on Thursday, March, 17, 2016 12:34 PM
If you're looking for the most definitive release for TRON '82, then "The Original Classic" reissue that released alongside Legacy is most certainly your best bet. However, each edition does tend to have a few variations on content. The latest release is probably the best remaster, though.

TRON: Gridlines
A new TRON community, for a new Digital Age.

TRON.dll
User

RE: which is Best dvd version

on Saturday, March, 19, 2016 3:34 PM
On the contrary, while the version that released alongside Tron Legacy does have some cleanup with the characters' circuitry among some other nice cleanups, some effects were removed due to expired licenses, such as the Pac-Man cameo. There's also no new bonus content, as it's all taken from the 20th Anniversary 2-DVD set. This set has all of the bonus content found on the more recent blu-ray release along with nicer menus and a few other special features I think.

As for the quality of the film on that release, it's pretty much the original film on DVD. There isn't really much in the way of touching up or remastering, but as far as content goes, it's definitely the best option.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion