TRON: LEGACY 
 Where TRON: Legacy got it's name from?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Gridman513
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2016 2:29 PM
So, die hard fans should remember that the original title of the second TRON movie was TR2N. Then it got changed to TRON:Legacy. I have searched all over the internet for any acknowledgement of this, but can't find anything. To me it seems like that name came from the TRON Legacy code you find in the TRON 2.0 video game. Its actually a very major plot point. This code was intended to be an update to the original TRON program. Surely I can't have been the only person to notice this. I mean, this has to be more than a coincidence am I right? 

This isn't something I just recently discovered either, I realized this before the movie even came out. It has bugged me that ever since then I have not seen anything that even mentions the fact that the name TRON: Legacy was previously used in a TRON game that came out 8 years prior to the movie.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Where TRON: Legacy got it's name from?

on Friday, March, 11, 2016 10:22 PM

A little known fact, is that Steven Lisberger contributed to the story of TRON 2.0 but chose to remain uncredited. So when he said, back then, that TRON 2.0 was a potential sequel to the original TRON, he wasn't kidding.

Knowing that, it begins to make a lot of sense as to why the term "TRON Legacy" was re-used as the title of the film sequel.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Gridman513
User

RE: Where TRON: Legacy got it's name from?

on Saturday, March, 12, 2016 10:42 AM
Cool! Thank you, that is a satisfying answer! This is probably my favorite piece of TRON trivia. I have told many friends about the first appearance of the name TRON Legacy and it blew their minds! Now I can finally drop the idea that the whole thing was some sort of well kept secret conspiracy!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY