Collector 
 Help obtaining necklace..

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
digit
User

on Thursday, June, 11, 2015 5:32 PM
Anybody know the guy who makes Sam Flynn's memory chip necklace?   I want to get one, but I closed my Ebay account.  They are completely corrupt, I refuse to do any sort of business with them at all.

Thanks.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

BigE73
User

RE: Help obtaining necklace..

on Friday, June, 12, 2015 8:53 AM
found this one for sale on Bonanza:
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Sam-Flynn-Grid-Memory-Chip-Necklace-Tron-Legacy-Pendant-Props/241000042?gpid=76984259221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CPqGzOeXisYCFQuDaQodeWEARA
but it's from Singapore, so it's likely the same vendor as the Ebay one.

here's a little more info on the RPF:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=104318

I personally like Ebay. Yes, there's some shady vendors on there, but I just ordered a bunch of exhaust components for my car on ebay, all came in just as advertised. You just need to use some common sense when ordering from ebay. If an item looks too good to be true, take it with a grain of salt, and don't be afraid to shop around. If a vendor is slow to give feedback, or seems to be obscuring their answers to your questions, buy from someone else.

Oh, one last bit, try not to order from sellers in Asia, especially China; even if they're legit, delivery takes a lot longer, and there's a language barrier. if you can get the same thing from a US vendor, order it from the US vendor. They usually get their items from the same source, but they take care of the legwork (getting the items direct from the vendor, getting the items through customs, etc) so it's less of a headache, and there's a little more protection in place. You can't always trust a vendor's rating, but it's a good way to gauge them, especially if you read their negative reviews.

I can probably make make that, Just ask.

digit
User

on Friday, June, 12, 2015 9:30 AM
Thank you.  I ordered one.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

digit
User

on Thursday, June, 25, 2015 8:50 AM
Got it!  This thing is awesome.  I just wish there was some way to store data on it, heh.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, June, 29, 2015 2:46 PM
digit Wrote:Got it!  This thing is awesome.  I just wish there was some way to store data on it, heh.
Mine has multiple versions the whole grid, both the 1982 v1 version and the 2010 version.
My only problem is that I don't have a system capable of reading it yet.  

jediknight0
User

on Tuesday, June, 30, 2015 2:46 AM
My chip has a grid backup on it... for real!  Check this out:

It's just a simple USB memory stick encased in a custom resin shape, but hey... it stores files, right?

http://mods.xkill.net/

Ivy
User

on Tuesday, December, 08, 2015 12:31 PM
Oh my god this is so awesome 
I own one of the "Sam Flynn" memory chip necklaces but there is no way to save data on it. 
How do you made yours?

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2015 1:00 AM
Ivy Wrote:Oh my god this is so awesome 
I own one of the "Sam Flynn" memory chip necklaces but there is no way to save data on it. 
How do you made yours?
I used a laser cutter/etcher and a vector drawing program to make an acrylic 'chip'.  I then made a rubber mold of that.  Finally, I covered the inside of the mold with silver particles and poured resin inside the mold while holding the electronics from a USB memory stick submerged in the resin till it hardened.
Nothing too hard but it was a lot of steps.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector