Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Is there any REAL info about a T:L sequel?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2014 3:01 PM
Because apparently everything out there is pure speculation and BS so far. A bunch of "would be attached to"'s, "would star in"s, "would return for"s and so on. Let's face it guys, as much as there should be a sequel that would indeed be a great movie and which would make money, there hasn't been anything to report on the matter yet. And I mean NOTHING. But let's keep hoping. In the mean time, let's maintain radio silence until Disney makes an announcement and not go by what even the stars of T:L drunkenly say on their way into some Hollywood party, etc.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Is there any REAL info about a T:L sequel?

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2014 10:36 PM

Well, this is my take on what's going on. I don't have any kind of inside track, sources, or anything like that. It's just educated guesses.

I think Tron 3 is still going to happen, but it's probably stalled at the moment. Alan Horn, who's in charge of the Disney film unit now (he was a head honcho at Warner Bros., before), was bullish on another Tron sequel and I don't think that's changed. He probably is still pushing for it to be made. Eventually. I believe Disney wants to take one last crack at turning Tron into a major franchise.

I'm afraid what's happened, is what some of us feared and predicted earlier. Myself included. Namely, Star Wars.

Episode VII is the number one priority at Disney films, right now. Almost guaranteed to be a big box office hit. As a result, probably a lot of other things have been pushed aside. That includes Tron. Tron is still a risk, Star Wars isn't.

I think the recent news stories about Tron 3 - which are really just regurgitating old information - are a measure to help keep up interest in another Tron sequel, to show the powers that be that there's still something of a demand for it.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

CardioFunk
User

on Thursday, May, 01, 2014 7:19 AM
But Disney is a huge company. They can do many things even with Starwars being produced. True you can't have producers working on multiple unrelated films at a time. But money just needs to hire good ones. Money being something Disney has a lot of. Throwing out another Tron movie carelessly would hurt the franchise. Tron Legacy split the original Tron audience further than they wanted I think. So they need to be careful to make sure they get the right script going. Tron Legacy was accused of having poor plot with great visuals. To me the plot was great, but a lot of that was hidden to those who'd only see the movie a few times.

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, May, 01, 2014 11:11 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Episode VII is the number one priority at Disney films, right now. Almost guaranteed to be a big box office hit. As a result, probably a lot of other things have been pushed aside. That includes Tron. Tron is still a risk, Star Wars isn't.

I was thinking the same thing. With Star Wars in the works they'll be spreading their attention less on other movies that they said they were going to make. They're supposed to make a "The Black Hole" remake and a few others to get their Sci-Fi and action fix, but they got pushed way back. They also have Marvel now, which means they can pull stories from them to make other sci-fi or action/adventure movies.

CardioFunk Wrote:But Disney is a huge company. They can do many things even with Starwars being produced. True you can't have producers working on multiple unrelated films at a time. But money just needs to hire good ones. Money being something Disney has a lot of. Throwing out another Tron movie carelessly would hurt the franchise. Tron Legacy split the original Tron audience further than they wanted I think. So they need to be careful to make sure they get the right script going. Tron Legacy was accused of having poor plot with great visuals. To me the plot was great, but a lot of that was hidden to those who'd only see the movie a few times.

That's true Disney has a lot money resources for making multiple movies at the same time. I think part of the problem is also having too much movies released within a certain time slot. They end up competing with each other for attention and some of them lose money big time because of that.

There's so many movies that's already been released this year that I want to see and I can't. I have very limited free time, plus they're released so darn close to each other (Maybe I should start going to midnight movies to fit it into my time, LOL)

It's also true that they need to be very careful with the plot. I love Tron: Legacy. I thought the plot was great. I wish I saw it in IMAX 3D. My only regret was that it wasn't longer! They need to spend the proper amount of time planning it out and don't rush through the production and shooting/effects.

As an artist (Not a great one. One of many that hang out on this site) I can tell you that the more you're rushed, the lower the quality. A lot of the higher-ups don't understand that and think throwing money at it solves the problem. Not to mention mismanagement of that money leads to budget problems and more rushing. *_*;

Whew! I haven't typed this much for a while. I'll come back later. I got to go to my other job now.:/order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Argent
User

on Thursday, May, 01, 2014 2:52 PM
Moses613 Wrote:Because apparently everything out there is pure speculation and BS so far. A bunch of "would be attached to"'s, "would star in"s, "would return for"s and so on. Let's face it guys, as much as there should be a sequel that would indeed be a great movie and which would make money, there hasn't been anything to report on the matter yet. And I mean NOTHING. But let's keep hoping. In the mean time, let's maintain radio silence until Disney makes an announcement and not go by what even the stars of T:L drunkenly say on their way into some Hollywood party, etc.

Sitting around silently hoping for something that may or may not materialize doesn't get anyone anywhere. That's why I'm not bothered by the repeated rumors and such. The more of a buzz there is surrounding a possible Tron 3, the more likely it is we'll actually see one in our lifetimes. So the talk and speculation now is a good thing. Let's embrace that, not discourage it.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion