New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
BrokenLevel
User

1/6 Resin Kit Sark

on Sunday, May, 19, 2013 11:33 PM
oh god i've returned from the grave with more weird custom stuff

head for the hills

Some of you might remember I posted a 1/3 BJD project 'round these parts about a year ago - that's a personal project that's still going on at my leisure, which means 'slow as molasses' lol.

Though, as an overwhelming gesture of kindness, a dear fiend and business partner of mine is currently sculpting something a bit more normal that I thought I'd share - a 1/6 statue of Sark. \o/

Everything's still a huge WIP, and the helmet dealies are a placeholder - he sculpts predominately in wax, but will have to use styrene and apoxy for the horns and whatnot, lol.

And just to address anyone who might want to buy one once it's all done, as it is now, we might sell a few unpainted and unassembled kits down the line to recoup the costs of casting, but that's pretty much it. We're not wanting to bring down the wrath of the Disney gods and get a C&D.

But yeah - Tron and Flynn see all the neat swag, so time for a little due vengeance! B|

eta: oh man gotta love those image size restrictions

Open the image in a new tab for an infinitely less squashed view, haha.

CluTron
User

RE: 1/6 Resin Kit Sark

on Wednesday, May, 29, 2013 4:30 AM
Thats amazing. I would certainly be interested in buying one when its finished. It's true that there isn't nearly enough Sark merchandise available to collectors... How is your 1/3 scale Sark coming on? Do you by chance have any new pictures of the David Warner head and have you started on the body yet...? Cant wait to see that finished!

BrokenLevel
User

on Wednesday, May, 29, 2013 1:19 PM
CluTron - Thanks for your kind words and interest! ;w;

I'll be sure to drop you a line once everything is done with the ordering details and whatnot, so if you decide you'd like one I'll be sure to hook you up. :V

Though I must admit, I never imagined this 1/6 statue would turn out this crazy amazing and I'm regretting not asking him to do it in 1/4th in spite of how expensive it would have been to produce - at 1/6 he'll be pretty tiny compared to the huge and hulking official Tron statues now, and yeah, I feel like Sark deserves a little better after all that swag neglect.

My BJD David Warner project is sort of in space right now and has largely disintegrated into me just dicking around, lol. But Dillinger's pretty much done sans a good wig and assorted dumb BJD-specific things, and eventually I'll get off my lazy butt and make him a legacy-flavored outfit.

Regrettably, my gray head cast has been held hostage at a Canadian doll artist's place for over six months now, so Sark's at a total standstill until I can get my merchandise back. :s

Anyway, my friend is a faster sculptor than I can deal with, oh man:

CluTron
User

on Saturday, June, 01, 2013 2:52 PM
Cool pics of your David Warner doll!
Yes your friends Sark statue is certainly coming along really well. Please do let me know if he manages to make any resin casts or anything. Would love that for my collection :-) So is the 1/3 scale Warner head something you might make a cast of too? Perhaps your friend might make a Boxleitner Tron figure next? Imagine your 1/3 scale Sark towering over that!!! Would certainly make for a killer setpiece depicting the Tron/Sark fight outside the MCP..... anyway thanks for your reply.

BrokenLevel
User

on Tuesday, June, 11, 2013 1:05 PM
aaaa once again, thank you! You flatter me, lol.

I've already done a round of resin casting with the 1/3 Warner doll head, but regrettably I've lost contact with the man who currently has the molds - so more casts of it aren't really looking likely in the near future. OTL;;

But just for kicks, here's a hilariously creepy photo of the casts from awhile back. :V

And oh man, once I actually finish 1/3 Sark there are definitely going to be photos of him menacing a tiny Tron in one way or another, lol.

Though at the moment there are no plans for a stand-alone Tron statue, as there are already several figures and resin statues of him floating around so we sort of passed on it.

NGL though, a pipe dream of mine is a huge 1/4 Tron vs. Sark piece - but like the notion of a stand-alone Tron, lack of interest and funding will shelve it for awhile, lol. Like, just how many people would really, actually shell out a good $800+ on a giant Tron vs. Sark sculpture? :S

Though, my partner does take commissions at $100 an inch, so if a group order gets together or something to back a project, we'd be more than happy to do whatever, lol.

Anyway, he's really getting there! \o/

Also, hopefully he'll come with a bonus Tron cat, lol.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, June, 12, 2013 8:02 AM
Heres one small idea-in the movie, when he's on the bridge of his Carrier, he stands in a podium whenever he wants to communicate with the MCP.

In theory you could create a replica of the podium and use it has a display stand (of sorts).

Just an idea.

BrokenLevel
User

on Tuesday, June, 18, 2013 8:00 PM
He's pretty much done, minus his base and some minor cleanup work! \o/

The base we've opted for will be circular, and in this pattern: http://25.media.tumblr.com/fd6650f9c255db1cde9fce5927421273/tumblr_mokkdk3SUh1qho5dno1_500.jpg

The images are gigantic, so if you'd like a closer view, just open them in a new tab.

EXODUS - We briefly considered that, but such a large base would have cost too much to produce. :<;; But man, it'd be awesome if someone were to take it upon themselves to make a podium base for him!

We're selling these as 'garage kits' exactly for that reason - we'd absolutely love to see what people do with him.

On that note, we're happy to announce our casting plans went better than anticipated - we're aiming for a run of 30 casts, at $200 a blank, unassembled figure. And once he's been cast, there's no guarantee that we'll ever sell him again as interest has actually been super, super low for this guy. OTL;; Now I know Disney's pain, lol...

If you're interested in obtaining one, please drop me a PM - I'm happy to work out payment plans and etc.

CluTron - Just letting you know that I PM'ed you the other day about the ordering details. \o/

BrokenLevel
User

on Monday, June, 24, 2013 10:39 AM
He's done!

My partner went to town on his chest, neck, and shoulders at the last minute - he noticed how David Warner looked really cramped and uncomfortable in the suit, and wanted to convey that, lol.

We're sending him off for casting today, and all the casts that people ordered are expected to be finished in late August through September. :>

http://24.media.tumblr.com/08f38c046f612c2b4b7cae43a8a0b6ad/tumblr_motnbfUA2v1qa4keto4_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/16d93829f1fdd042dd461c6973cc27ef/tumblr_motnbfUA2v1qa4keto3_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/39de1fd87346c0f3364a32ae88ebdff3/tumblr_motnbfUA2v1qa4keto2_1280.jpgabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, June, 24, 2013 5:46 PM
Bravo. Beautiful sculpt work!

Now, let's see you do a CLU! Question is which one? order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

BrokenLevel
User

on Monday, June, 24, 2013 5:52 PM
Thanks so much! Though, I'm sad to say there likely won't be a Clu of any kind in the future. :where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, June, 25, 2013 10:30 PM
TRON Cat RULES!!!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 1/6 Resin Kit Sark