General Discussion 
 I'm making a TRON album, and I need your help

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Stemage
User

on Sunday, March, 31, 2013 3:18 AM
Hello! I'm working on a TRON music cover album ('82), and I've hit a wall.

I cannot come up with album title, and I wonder if you guys would lend a hand? There isn't a better place to crowd source an idea like this.

SOME INFO:
The album will be 7-8 tracks (ish) - all progressive rock covers of music from Wendy Carlos' soundtrack. The album will be licensed by Disney and will have art by this guy: http://biplaneblues.blogspot.co.uk/. I'm shooting for June for the release, and I am 4 tracks in so far. It's coming along!

I have been doing covers and arrangements of music for years - mostly video game related. I've been doing Metroid Metal for about 10 years, and I've done other game covers as well - in addition to original stuff. The last arrange album I did was for music from Marble Madness. I had different guests on each track. This project is all mine. Although I'm tapping a choir for the ending credits music perhaps.

SO:
I can't come up with an album title. I have song names, but I can't think of a sweet album name that captures the essence of TRON but is also something original. I made lots of notes watching the movie, and there are a million computer/80s references that can be used, but I wanted to see if anything comes to mind from you guys. I'd love to use it. If I don't use anything from this thread, I don't want to offend anyone. It's not a "contest", I just need ideas, and there is no better place for tagging TRON fans.

Here is the tentative tracklisting:
1. He Starts Small (anthem)
2. The Grid (escape)
3. Hydrophilia (water music)
4. Religious Discussions (light sailor1)
5. Klaatu Barada Nikto (light sailor2)
6. Sea of Stimulation (sea)
7. Divine Assistance (magician)
8. Video Warriors
9. He Ends Small (Ending)

That's it really. The best thing I came up with was "Logic Probe", but I went lukewarm on that immediately, and the art guy didn't dig it either. The "Where Good Marbles Go to Die" name was perfect for the Marble Madness project.

Thoughts? Would love to hear ideas for an elusive, powerful, cheeky, or appropriate album title. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Stemage
User

RE: I'm making a TRON album, and I need your help

on Sunday, March, 31, 2013 3:22 AM
Oh, and I can post sketches of the art as it gets worked on. The most exciting thing I hit this weekend was creating a custom patch that sounds just like a Recognizer. Holy shit I'm excited. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Murdock.dat
User

on Sunday, March, 31, 2013 4:20 AM
Legacy of Tron: New Sounds From The Old Gridorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

deeahchur
User

on Sunday, March, 31, 2013 9:56 AM
Virtual '82 or Virtual Rock '82
Digital Journeys
One Day ... I Got In

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

Stemage
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 3:53 PM
Thanks guys!

I got the first "sketch" today. He called it a sketch. Doesn't look like a sketch to me.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5249054/stemage/TRON/TRON1.jpg

deeahchur
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 11:04 PM
That's some interesting ... imagery. Not bad ... interesting.

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

Stemage
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 8:18 AM
Yeah that's kind of the idea, something a bit mysterious. Came out sort of romantic. I dig it.

Kat
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 8:54 AM
Because I need more sleep and am up way too early, when I glanced at the OP again and saw your line about hitting a wall, I thought, "haha. You could call it [wait for it] The Wall." Because I'm a total geek. As in,t "the wall, Yori!" I'm not actually serious, of course, though the Pink Floyd fans would either appreciate it or be very disappointed, lol. (I'm actually surprised how many PF songs I could stretch to fit T82 and T:L related stories, though.)

I suppose if you wanted to be REALLY geeky, though, you could call it The Lightwall. Ba-dum-ching. (Makes me want to do a Tron-theme space-rock crossover now... and that's what I'd name the album.)

I'll be better once I've been awake longer and get to work to have some coffee, I promise.

In all seriousness-- the art is cool, but your artist may want to add some lines that sort of draw the eye down to the figures at the bottom. My eyes kept wanting to wander up to the top, and there's not much going on up there (which is fine, 'cause I like that it's not too busy, but the bottom part is where the action is at). Maybe make the lines of the cave openings spiral down toward them more, or have a few more that taper down in size, or something to lead the viewer down there? (and it could just be me, but the cave-like openings could possibly be... interpreted in interesting ways too, and a slightly different shape could help remove that.) Take this with a huge grain of salt as I am totally-unqualified to give any sort of art advice whatsoever, but as a viewer, that's what I noticed-- I knew my attention should be at the bottom, but my eye wasn't sort of "forced" to go there.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Stemage
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 9:05 AM
Great input! And I dig on your Lightwall train of thought. Maybe you should stay half asleep and make even more suggestions. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 12:09 PM
Stemage Wrote:I never thought of the opening to the cave being something like THAT, but I see your point. It's got a nice geometry to it, so I'm not against it. But you bring up an interesting observation.

"Digital Genitalia : The Music of TRON" - got a RING to it right?

OH please. *facepalm*

Anyway, this looks very sweet. I'll throw out my idea: TRON Reboot: Revisiting tunes from the 1982 classic or some variation on that.

You mentioned it was going to be licensed by Disney. Does this mean it will be an official production, available for sale, etc.?

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Stemage
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 12:22 PM
It won't be an official production sold BY Disney, but it will be available on all normal channels. It will be on iTunes, Spotify, etc etc. It will likely be pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp. Still exploring the option of a CD. Just depends on how much art we end up having.

Thanks for the thoughts! Reboot makes a whole lot of sense.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 8:19 PM
Stemage Wrote:Great input! And I dig on your Lightwall train of thought. Maybe you should stay half asleep and make even more suggestions.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

derezzedme
User

on Sunday, April, 14, 2013 1:35 PM
Murdock.dat Wrote:Legacy of Tron: New Sounds From The Old Grid

Like this oneorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Discs-Of-Tron_
User

on Sunday, April, 14, 2013 10:28 PM
*screeech* your the guy behind metroid metal, with the metroid wearing headphones!? Loved it! Try to geek out on the title, pausing on the PC screens for any legible text, whatever system that grid was on, some department at encom, and so on.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Stemage
User

on Tuesday, April, 16, 2013 1:05 AM
Hey there! Yay you know Metroid Metal. That's awesome.

Rinzler2010
User

on Tuesday, April, 16, 2013 11:04 AM
have you thought of about doing a cover for the I/O Tower scene music

Stemage
User

on Tuesday, April, 16, 2013 1:05 PM
I really really like the Tower Scene, but it's almost too ambient. I'm not sure how to approach it and with what instruments, but I'm still considering it.

Kat
User

on Monday, April, 22, 2013 8:34 AM
What about something simple like Re-rezzed? Along the lines of taking a second look at the original album. Recompiled? Reinitialized? Reinstalled? Etc. (If it were a Rocky Horror album remake, of course you'd call it Let's Do the Time Warp Again, but Tron's not quite so easy...) I'm going to keep thinking on it, though.

My only concern with that, of course, is that Disney already came up with R3c0nf1gured, and too many people might think of Matrix: Reloaded, but maybe you can at least run with the idea and come up with something better.

It also occurred to me that on the cover art, some pattern of circuitry lines or energy conduits or what-have-you could help bring the viewer's eye down to the pertinent part of the pic as well.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Stemage
User

on Monday, April, 22, 2013 9:25 AM
Kat, you're thinking what I'm thinking. I actually had "REREZ: The Music of TRON" in my head last week.

Yeah change of plans, we're probably getting rid of the characters in the art. This story threw us for a loop, http://waxy.org/2011/06/kind_of_screwed/ and it's likely that Disney will want us to pay $ for use of the likenesses, so it may just change to a futurescape of sorts

That said, ALBUM IS DONE except for some contributions and weeks of mixing hell. Wee!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

EXODUS
User

on Monday, April, 22, 2013 11:50 AM
Tron: Back in the System.

(I did think about calling it Back in the Grid, but the first film wasn't really about the Grid, was it?).

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion