the sound of the uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
IZI
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 10:05 AM
Hi everyone!

I had an idea early on to include music to the official user revolution, along with the letters and paper-dolls now being in progress. So i have now come up with a small piece of piano-music and intend to do a composition of a few songs to pherhaps include to the book of the uprising, and also send them directly to disney.

I Thought i might share my music here for all the programms interested and for inspiration to the uprising of ours! Although this is my first time sharing music openly(a bit nervous i tend to be) i am open to all kind of feedback/comments!

The first song is for the time being entiteled "the end".

https://soundcloud.com/dontstaysilent/the-end

This is an improvisation. Thus, although its not perfect, it is sympatethic in that way.
It is a view of the possible last battle between the programms. I kind of see tron sacrificing himself here, or reflecting on his actions in the past.(but you can interpret the song as you see it ) The style of the song is not the thypical electronical,but a more, soft one. Though due to a bad studio, there is a electronic vibe in the background which actually suits the tone.

And heres the second one called "sea", recorded today!

https://soundcloud.com/dontstaysilent/sea-preview
This is a composed song still in progress. Im basically testing out my ideas here.(you can hear a lot of misstakes. i had extremely little time, leaving me with only one shot at recording)
This sound is very electronic, but only because the recording room did not have a pedal for the piano, so i had to use a sound with echoing effects.(i does not match the tone im looking for at all yet) I do plan to use a regular piano on this one as well.

For this piece I have a clear vision of what music might play when tron is sinking in the sea of simulation (end of LEGACY). Im going to record again this thursday, so hopefully ill complete and fulfill my ideas then.

thanks if you listened, and as said, im open to any comments! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

LucrataNexarii
User

RE: the sound of the uprising

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 2:41 PM
Unfortunately, the links seem to lead to the main login page of SoundCloud. However, a search of your title does bring up your audio.

Hopefully I can provide some feedback later, but it may not have much depth to it. My familiarity with musical terminology and the nuances of melody and skill of playing are rather lacking.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

IZI
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 3:15 PM
fixed it! it should work now.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 3:22 PM
I'm afraid that I can't say exactly what the difference is, or where that may be based from.

A simple search suffices, but it might remain an inconvenience to others.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

IZI
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 4:15 PM

EDIT: its fixed now. Heres a link to my profile as well.

https://soundcloud.com/dontstaysilent

Riversong
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 9:23 PM
Actually, the solution is quite simple: just remove the # in the url (the one that comes before your username) and the link will go directly to the track instead of Soundcloud's homepage.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, March, 25, 2013 9:40 PM
The link directly to your profile functions fine for me. I use Firefox v. 19 for my browsing.

EDIT: I said I'd offer my thoughts on your work, so, here we go:

Relating to 'The End':

The opening establishes the somber or sorrowful tone of the piece. For myself, the notes become something of the scratches and marks of time, themselves prismatic, such as inflicted upon glass. From :25 onward, especially the stronger sound at ~:43, hint at something of a history, times lost - perhaps no longer able to be revisited or known. The sound of 1:00 lends a finalism to this.

New energy at 1:15 speaks of a current event, almost as if there were a slow-motion battle, or loss, that moment finished at 1:35. Transitioning again to your former melody, up until 1:56, there is that same sense of memory, bringing together the two halves of the music. From then onward to 2:17, including that short moment of relative silence, build an ache of tragedy, as if a final strike.

The last seconds of your work continue that momentum, like events beyond someone's control must also carry them into what they would have never wished to see. The last set of notes give that transition away to memory, an infliction of present, now past.

Personally, I find the notes around 2:20 stand out, rather poignant, the same for around 2:29, with the falling triplets of sound.

In total, it is a moving piece, at least for myself. It tugs at remembrance and loss, and the delicate, almost fragile notes I liken to glass: they hold and change views and vision, and yet can be a sharp, cutting edge or prism.

Relating to 'Sea (Preview)':

When this mentions 'Sea' my first thought is the Sea of Simulation, within the Grid.

The opening immediately builds an air of the open, the mysterious, the vast, accentuated at :09 by the new melody. 0:15 builds a scene of the open sky, obscured by wonders. The light, airy, fluctuating melodies on the background beat bring to mind the action of repetitive waves, the very skin of the Sea over it's unknown, churning depths. The music continues with what I find to be a relaxing, open, atmospheric repetition.

The slight pause at 1:15 is like a little moment of awe or notice, that jarring sense that the wonderous is also dangerous. Moving to the point of 1:29, the 'aquatic' background notes gain a bit more energy, giving the Sea a strength of presence of it's own; a massiveness, the unscalable and unnavigable all at once (due to it's sheer scale).

Slowing again momentarily at 1:35, we're brought back down to the human (or Program) scale of events and exploration, with the change in melody at 1:45 becoming a little moment of recollection of the many wonders of the Grid and their various types, with the short silence of 1:55 closing this.

The music along until 2:10 repeat in a similar way to the former segments of the song, bringing back that even air of relaxed space.

2:15 opens into a new tempo, something almost ephemeral or fantastical - still relaxed, but flickering like an aurora. The base notes around 2:25 build a massiveness to the nature of the music again, something foreboding and powerful due to it's massive nature, but also just as inspiring. The bass and melody change subtly again around 2:30, carrying the music with a lively, bass background thrum, as if adventure itself could bound and journey in tandem with the listener.

Finally trickling to an end around 2:50, the time at sail on the Sea is at an end, just as quickly as a ship could be brought to beach on familiar shores.

Overall: Thank you for taking the time for these compositions, IZI! I quite enjoy their respective type, and their difference in style. The End almost makes me want to liken it to Daft Punk's Adagio for Tron, but set in some moment of Uprising. The Sea brings the Sea of Simulation to mind, of course; it makes me wonder how often Tron himself might have journeyed across it, perhaps literally seeking a peaceful port, or some measure of reflective solitude.

IZI
User

on Wednesday, March, 27, 2013 3:03 AM
whoa..thanks Lucrata. Your ways of expression never cease to amaze/surprise me! You do find a curious way to have your unique way of telling your view on things. This is the most detailed and thought-out feedback i have ever been given! (although i do not show many people my music. but still) Im very thankful, and moved!!! I cant find words enough to show my appreciation! This made me a lot more inspired for tomorrows recordings!!

IZI
User

on Sunday, March, 31, 2013 11:52 AM
alright, here is a more proper review of my song "sea"! --->

https://soundcloud.com/dontstaysilent/sea-preview-2

its 1/4 of the song complete now. next time i post, ill put the complete song.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING