Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Too much color, not enough, or just right?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Thursday, March, 07, 2013 4:45 PM
T:L purists would probably prefer that T:U didn't have any more colors in it that T:L had, preserving that omnipresent sort of "moonlit glow" motif most of the environments had. I think that may be the best way to describe that color scheme: moonlit.

But obviously, in T:U there are way more colors being splashed around the suits, cycles, environments and so on. So how do we feel about this? I'm a bit of a purist but I think the world in T:U benefited from a little color, and I'm okay with that seeing as that distinct blue-ish color is still the dominant one by far. I felt very much that large surfaces with colors not in T:L as they appeared on occasion in T:U were inappropriate and veered way *too* far off the overall Tron universe design motif, things like the sign for the nightclub and *this* monstrosity: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phaota2/8243780266/ . Yeah it looks cool, but it's not TRON-ish. But do others here feel they went overboard (in general, not just with that inexcusable wall), or maybe didn't use enough additional color?

If there is another live-action movie, I hope they incorporate some more color into it in the same way they have for T:U...on suits and so on.

Do keep in mind that the series is made by Disney, the creators of T:L, and with probably more than just a smidge of influence and advice from the original designers, so we can rest assured the look of T:U is legitimately Tron-certified.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING