TRON: UPRISING 
 T:U: better than T:L

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 9:55 PM
Okay there I said it. I may have to look over my shoulder for a hit team you'll all have searching for me for the rest of my life,but I've only seen three episodes so far and am, to say the least, extremely impressed, more so than with the live action movie. If the animated series had existed before and inspired the movie.........? then would have felt let down by th emovie, which didn't go as far as do nearly as much as the animated series.

The animated series has beefier story lines, cooler-and *more*-vehicles, multiple storylines running in parallel, faster camera work, more varied camera angles, a WAY bigger arena, more settings and environments, more use of color (while still being true to the overall "blue" look of the Tron universe), Argon City is just plain bigger......big enough to make Tron City look like some little backwater squatters camp, plus T:U just looks cooler, probably because we get to actually see the design elements instead of having to guess what they look like because they're shrouded in fog.

Really, I don't think T:L may have started it all and it deserves props for that, but the animated series just took it ten times farther. And as far as the writers of the series og, the same writers, by the way, who wrote T:L,.......? They should be shot for breach of contract. The plot and dialogue of T:L, to say the least, needed work. A *lot* of work. T:L fell flat on it's face writing-wise while T:U more than succeeds. Can';t wait to download the next episode.

TRON.dll
User

RE: T:U: better than T:L

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 12:55 AM
I think just about everyone here thinks Uprising is better than Legacy. Legacy was more about establishing the universe and showing off cool designs and effects. Uprising has more focus on story and plot coherency.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Argent
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 2:57 AM
I've been saying the same thing for a long time now. My expectations going into Uprising were pretty low - I wasn't too keen on the early character art they released, and I was a little dubious about the writing after Legacy (a good movie, but one that could have been great with a better script).

As it turned out, my misgivings were totally unfounded. The characters looked fantastic in motion, and the environments were absolutely stunning. (I particularly liked how the artists worked in visual elements from the original Tron to create a stronger feeling of continuity between the two movies. Uprising's depiction of the Grid is still very much its own thing, but it feels more like a "proper" Tron sequel than Legacy did in terms of design, IMO.)

More importantly, the writing in Uprising really delivered. The episodes are tightly plotted and incredibly well paced, somehow managing to pack a ton of story into 22 minutes without feeling rushed. The characters are well-written and engaging, and the major characters have strong arcs. The Disney brass really ought to consider tapping some of the Uprising writing staff for scripting duties on Tron 3, IMO. >.>order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

l84571557
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 2:30 PM
I can't remember the exact details, but one of my biggest impression on Legacy was...

"What does the sun look like?"
"It's...it's beautiful."

I LOL super hard when I heard this.
No offense to the fans and writers of Legacy, but I really think the dialogues are a bit dumb.
Though I do like the idea of having an "out of computer" girl friend, especially Olivia Wilde

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 4:29 PM
Actually, while you might have found that comment silly, I actually found it to be one of the most moving of Tron: Legacy. In fact, I found it rather tragic.

It is a foundation for how alien and strange the Grid can be. It opens the rift between the minds and existence of User and Program: to the assumptions, ways of thought, and fundamental complexity (and relative chaos) of existence which we contend with - and which, as a race, we can only hope to glimpse. Science, art, society, it all helps to reveal greater secrets and challenges for us.

.... Programs do not have this. Inherently, they are relatable, but they are not like us. So far as we know, there is no calling of mystery and greater Grid universe beyond their avenues of function. Even the matter of the Grid itself seems to lack the staggering depth of which literally permeates every inch of our own world. Programs are said to revere Users - Users not only have great power, but they hail from a world which is compelling and strange, full of wonders, potential, and mystery.

"The universe in a grain of sand" does not hold on the Grid, and it's people cannot experience it in the same way. Perhaps one day Tron: Uprising will have begun to explore the deeper currents of the Grid, and the potential, curiosity, and knowledge of it's Programs - and it's founding figures, Clu and Tron.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

l84571557
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 5:00 PM
@LucrataNexarii

I suppose you're right, I need to rethink about my comments on Tron Legacy.
I think I'm just a bit grudgeful because the movie didn't really meet my expectation.

I wished they explained more about the grid and the "mythos" behind it.
Not that I have a problem with the themes of "father and son relationship" or "work vs family", but it's done way too many times. It does help us to relate to the characters, but it also decreases the scale of the story.

I wanted to see more on Kevin Flynn engaging in his mistakes as the almighty user/creator. How he confronts CLU, his very first creation, the one who he sets on the false path to begin with (chasing an impossible ideal).
What ISOs truly represents in both the grid and the outside world. A miracle or abomination?

Therefore I found the scenes involving Sam Flynn slightly distracting and irritating,
which is probably why I didn't pick up the message delivered by that scene, of how programs long for the human world.
For that I apologize.

Moses613
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 9:47 PM
I don't think there is any way to move forward with more Tron material, prequel, sequel or otherwise, without the next live-action movie (if there is to be one) being set in the Grid, and made as a prequel, to T:L and a sequel to T:U. You just couldn't do a lot more with the look of T:L. It was very groundbreaking and unique, but too monochromatic. I could only take one dose of that. Plus it's been established that almost certainly, a decent part of the movie would take place outside the Grid in meatspace. Who the heck wants a Tron movie set mostly in meatspace? If you had another live action movie that was a sequel to T:l, the Grid would have to be more colorful and vibrant looking. But that would create the problem of the Grid looking that way in Uprising, then being not so in T:L (more drab), then going back to something more akin to Uprising.

So I think the only way to really have another theatrical release would be to have a live action sequel to Uprising. Lord knows there is a lot more story to be told there.

One reason the guys who did T:L fell flat on their faces doing the T:L script, yet succeeded superbly at T:U, is that they're TV writers whose last major TV gig was for Lost. They're TV writers, and therefore good at episodic fiction, but not closed-end stories. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING