TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
LucrataNexarii
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Monday, March, 11, 2013 7:51 AM
I was referring more to what binding type might be preferable: a more 'accessible' binding, such as with Chicago-screws; more basic, and easy to assemble, but also more prone to damage, and less professional..... Or a more durable, full, old-style binding.

The main reason why I ask is mostly out of concern for possible entire loss of the book (such as by accident, or someone's deliberate interference). Otherwise, I was just asking for opinion, in case anyone had any insight on what might be preferable at large.

I have some cardstock pierced and ready to begin sewing. I've been debating on a few cover designs.

You have a good idea with the direct attachment, ShadowSpark. I was thinking along the same lines - perhaps a grommet either drilled straight into one corner of the book's covers, or attached to a flange along the spine. A chain and clip could easily be affixed to the book and case alike, to prevent loss.

I'll be sure to submit some concept sketches for the case, and also for the book's covers, when the time comes. I'd certainly be glad for some reviews and opinions. At the time, my main idea for the book's decoration was a mainly black exterior, with some linear tooling (painted or dyed), based on Tron's suit-pattern. The main reason is that stamped text is notoriously easy to mis-align or mis-strike. Not nice results. Tron's disc (likely highly simplified) would be at the back.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, March, 11, 2013 9:00 AM
Lucrata,

I think it's pretty cool to build and design a medieval styled illuminated manuscript created by monastic monks and this idea reminds me of this artist AlexLibris at:

[url]http://www.etsy.com/shop/aLexLibris[/url]
Although, a more modernized booklet that has circuitry emanating from the spine gives out a Tron-like vibe. Something like thin metal or light aluminum hardcover with Tron's famous insignia on the front and back would relate well with the show's Grid-like form and concept. So ask yourself, what would a book like look if it was made in the world of Tron?

It certainly would'nt be leather and papyrus, with papyrus fonts at all . That would jive well with games like Assassins Creed, and such, I'd say. Heck, even some of the books I read up on Knights Templar mention the illuminated manuscripts and some tomes on the holy grail as well.

Speak of illuminated manuscripts, may I recommend a brilliant animated film? Go check out The Secret of Kells. It's genius and in fact, reminds me a bit of Narcissus and Goldmund or Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose.

The other option, if you really want to get creative is to build a circular book in the shape of Tron's disc. It'll be round and have a spine for the reader(s) to open up and view.

But I need to ask again. What and how exactly will the book be used for? Who will it be sent to?

Also someone mentioned of the book being passed on from on Tron fan to another reminds me greatly of SketchTravel seen here:

http://www.sketchtravel.com/
I'm both aware of AlexLibris and Sketchtravel since I have them on my FB list.

Your other option is to create a digital book in PDF format that can be opened up in a iPad or other tablet. Just make sure the margins for pages are within a quarter inch away from the edges so the text and images don't get cut off and safely out of the way from the spine section. An interactive Tron Lives PDF is one idea.

If you guys are going to Comic cons, don't sell the items but rather use them as a platform as a campaign group to promote awareness of Tron Uprising and let convention fans know WHY Tron Lives is one of the best shows out there.

So the next time there is a Tron Con like Boxleitner went to over a year ago (I think?), hit it hard. Don't sell items based on Disney's IP, but rather promote awareness using leaflets, flyers or such. If Disney gives you permission to promote the campaign, I'm sure they'll be cool with it.

Something to think about.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, March, 11, 2013 7:20 PM
Ah, it's good to have your feedback, Pilgrim!

I was considering that the papyrus/parchment cardstock might be out-of-place, but a differing paper such as 'Genesis' or 'Linen' would not necessarily be easily told from regular paper. My other option was cotton-paper, in a steely-gray 'Granite.'

One of the greatest problems with binding books, I find, is not the leather, nor tooling, nor hard work - it's the paper. Finding pre-cut reams in certain sizes is either difficult, or very expensive.

While the circular book idea is interesting, I'd need a die just to cut it all evenly and have something reasonably presentable. Even then, the spine's overall thickness and durability would likely be reduced due to that format.

Working circuitry or such designs directly into the spine of the book is generally not easy; the spine is also an area of high flexation. If avoidable, I tend not to put any sort of designs onto the spine. The covers suffice for that purpose. I'd be sure to work on a few concept sketches to share here.

As for the book, it is meant to be sent about from fan to fan - I assume by a pre-set, printed list ... Likely in parallel with an online thread or other method of contact for tracking it's whereabouts, and also for sharing of the book's journey. The list has not been established yet, but the plan is to have it go from person to person until the book is filled, or the list of participants is exhausted - upon which it would be returned to myself to be finalized, checked, and repaired (if need be), and then send with a closing word and letter from myself, to Disney (or some representative thereof, if we could ever get a correspondent who is willing to be a face we Programs can talk to directly).

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:If you guys are going to Comic cons, don't sell the items but rather use them as a platform as a campaign group to promote awareness of Tron Uprising and let convention fans know WHY Tron Lives is one of the best shows out there.

So the next time there is a Tron Con like Boxleitner went to over a year ago (I think?), hit it hard. Don't sell items based on Disney's IP, but rather promote awareness using leaflets, flyers or such. If Disney gives you permission to promote the campaign, I'm sure they'll be cool with it.

Something to think about.

This was much my idea as well. A booth specifically to promote Tron: Uprising, and hand out paraphernalia, leaflets, show video, or anything of the sort. I'd gladly make up a bunch of pendants, bracelets, key fobs... Heck, even hand-paint shirts, for free (or out of my own pocket) and ship those over to anyone who is able to create such an opportunity.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, March, 11, 2013 11:03 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:You have a good idea with the direct attachment, ShadowSpark. I was thinking along the same lines - perhaps a grommet either drilled straight into one corner of the book's covers, or attached to a flange along the spine. A chain and clip could easily be affixed to the book and case alike, to prevent loss.

I'll be sure to submit some concept sketches for the case, and also for the book's covers, when the time comes. I'd certainly be glad for some reviews and opinions. At the time, my main idea for the book's decoration was a mainly black exterior, with some linear tooling (painted or dyed), based on Tron's suit-pattern. The main reason is that stamped text is notoriously easy to mis-align or mis-strike. Not nice results. Tron's disc (likely highly simplified) would be at the back.

Speaking of Tron's disk, that gave me an idea. Maybe you could have the front of the disk on the front of the book, the inside of the disk on the inner front cover and the reverse on the back cover. Disks keep memories, this is the life of the Tron Lives movement.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Your other option is to create a digital book in PDF format that can be opened up in a iPad or other tablet. Just make sure the margins for pages are within a quarter inch away from the edges so the text and images don't get cut off and safely out of the way from the spine section. An interactive Tron Lives PDF is one idea.

I don't think a PDF is a good idea, unless it's secondary to the physical book. PDFs, emails, and other digital stuff is just too easy. It's immaterial and we need something tangible.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:If you guys are going to Comic cons, don't sell the items but rather use them as a platform as a campaign group to promote awareness of Tron Uprising and let convention fans know WHY Tron Lives is one of the best shows out there.

If someone gets permission and such from Disney, let me know and I'll help go all out. But until then I'll stick to fan art and letters and stuff. I'm not going to risk getting in trouble. I cannot afford to get sued.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 6:00 AM
A fine idea, ShadowSpark - I like it!

It leaves me either wanting to use a full leather wrap-around cover, and stitch that along the top and bottom - leaving more of a slide-case, where I wouldn't have to use any adhesive to directly attach the leather to the covers. The other option for that is to leave an exposed groove on the inner edge, so that the inner covers could also function as a pocket for fans' letters, photos, or other such things.

The other option is to have the inner side of the covers' end-papers inked, drawn on, or painted with his disc design - and have that aligned as closely as possible with the disc on the outer cover.

The innermost page I did want to have set with a message (likely in calligraphy) to both the fans, and to Disney (or whatever official gets their hands on it once it's shipped). I'd have to run through a few drafts here, and we can choose something meaningful and appropriate. Likewise, the end page would also have a closing message.

I'd settled on the book having ~96 pages. It's my hope that they will be filled accordingly - and I'd gladly make another book and send that off, if it's required, or if there are enough participants that more would be demanded.

Preferably I'd have at least two books in active circulations, since it would take any fan at least a couple of days to contend with travel, photos, messages and other matter. I'd assume that any fan would use at least three pages of space in the book (verso-recto), if not more. I'd actually based my calculations on six pages being used. In any case, each book would supply an estimate of about 20 participants.

Making the book thicker is an option, but the more something is sent about, the greater the chances of something bad occurring. Hence wanting multiple books in active use - then they can all be collected again once complete, and set as a full set to Disney.

As for the Comic-Con activism, I share your opinion. I am also not familiar with the legality of such things in your country; can you really be sued for promoting a cause? If there are no actual sales of material, I don't see how there should be a problem. I'd gladly make items which are to be handed out for free!

But, yes, until someone has concrete plans for doing so (I'd thought of putting forward the idea also), I'll easily do all else that I can. And when the day comes that we can have representatives to attend a Con and stand for Uprising there, I'll gladly contribute all that's possible!

EDIT: Does anyone know much of vector graphics, or how to replicate that 'Tron Lives' graffiti-style text?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 12:33 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:A fine idea, ShadowSpark - I like it!

It leaves me either wanting to use a full leather wrap-around cover, and stitch that along the top and bottom - leaving more of a slide-case, where I wouldn't have to use any adhesive to directly attach the leather to the covers. The other option for that is to leave an exposed groove on the inner edge, so that the inner covers could also function as a pocket for fans' letters, photos, or other such things.

The other option is to have the inner side of the covers' end-papers inked, drawn on, or painted with his disc design - and have that aligned as closely as possible with the disc on the outer cover.

The innermost page I did want to have set with a message (likely in calligraphy) to both the fans, and to Disney (or whatever official gets their hands on it once it's shipped). I'd have to run through a few drafts here, and we can choose something meaningful and appropriate. Likewise, the end page would also have a closing message.

I'd settled on the book having ~96 pages. It's my hope that they will be filled accordingly - and I'd gladly make another book and send that off, if it's required, or if there are enough participants that more would be demanded.

Preferably I'd have at least two books in active circulations, since it would take any fan at least a couple of days to contend with travel, photos, messages and other matter. I'd assume that any fan would use at least three pages of space in the book (verso-recto), if not more. I'd actually based my calculations on six pages being used. In any case, each book would supply an estimate of about 20 participants.

Making the book thicker is an option, but the more something is sent about, the greater the chances of something bad occurring. Hence wanting multiple books in active use - then they can all be collected again once complete, and set as a full set to Disney.

You're the book-maker, not me. I don't know the faintest thing about book binding.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:As for the Comic-Con activism, I share your opinion. I am also not familiar with the legality of such things in your country; can you really be sued for promoting a cause? If there are no actual sales of material, I don't see how there should be a problem. I'd gladly make items which are to be handed out for free!

Where are you from?

It's not so much promoting a cause as it is using licensed material. Because Disney owns the Tron franchise, we should be careful about doing anything with it that might involve money. People might want to donate to our cause, even if we don't ask for it. For things like fanfiction and fan art that's posted on the net, the rule of thumb is to ALWAYS put a disclaimer at the top of the fic or in the description of the art.

Like this:

"Disclaimer: Tron, Tron Uprising, Tron Legacy, and all of the characters/locations therein belong to Disney, not me. No money is being made by this fic; it has been written purely for personal entertainment."

Anyway, I'm not sure what the laws are for distributing things like shirts and flyers if they contain licensed material, so I don't really want to risk it. If someone goes and finds out what those laws are and/or gets permission from Disney, let me know and I'll happily help distribute stuff. But until then, I'm sticking with personal displays: letters, fan art, fan fiction and the like.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

IZI
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 6:18 PM
Greetings programms.

Again i have been gone too long, i apologize. Last week was murder for me, but time is finally on my side again. I Started with my figures, and my model on beck is almost ready. He is missing the blue outfit-marks...and a head.But a headless model programm is still a model programm. heres a picture-->

https://twitter.com/dontstaysilent/status/311595682131759104/photo/1

(the model is my very first, so hopefully they will get better)

its a clumsy one taken in a hasty manner. (when the doll is ready ill upload a lot more, better pics!)

I cant wait to start taking photos!
I have many ways to make them stand on their own, its not a problem for me yet.

And also, i have started working on my tron-inspired music for the revolution.I had an idea earlyon that i would make music and send cd:s to disney for the uprising.
If i record at home, i should beable to upload it by the end of this weekend. During thursday/Friday/saturday/sunday i should have more time to be active, so count on me being here or helping during those days!

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Renegade1985
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 7:20 PM
Hey shadowspark umm its me subway tron dude.....couldnt find the direct messaging only the blog ......

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 7:33 PM
Renegade1985 Wrote:Hey shadowspark umm its me subway tron dude.....couldnt find the direct messaging only the blog ......
Hi! Don't worry, I'll message you.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, March, 13, 2013 1:16 AM
Just as a note as to my next set of letters, I'd asked Bill Wolkoff (via Twitter) if he had any points of pride or favorite elements of Tron: Uprising. His response:

@LucrataNexarii Thanks! Believe it or not I am proud of it all. But to give you a better answer: Beck & Paige. So glad you enjoyed.

I'll certainly be sure to leave a good note about Wolkoff's writing and contribution to Tron: Uprising in my next letter set. I'd love to see him - and the whole team - back for season two!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, March, 14, 2013 1:43 AM
I happened to notice http://www.isnradio.com/ playing some of Joseph Trapanese's work - 'Tron's Promise' on their latest episode. They make some mention of Tron: Uprising, and mention some good points - and as they said, why can't Uprising go on and be treated with the seriousness and continuation it deserves?

Via Twitter, I asked Edwin to mention a few good words in his next episode of Tron: Uprising and it's great potential, and he said' sure!' What a great guy!

Why not drop by their Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/isnradio ) and offer a nice hello, and thanks for the support? It'd be great to have more members of the Tron community stop by to show some good spirit and thanks to a fellow Tron fan!

In other news, I have the materials for a basic bookbinding frame. I've long wanted to make one, This one ought to be a we bit shabby, but it would be functional enough. One isn't really needed, but it would certainly help keep the spine sewing supports properly level.

Otherwise, I just have to get my hands on some of that 'granite' cardstock; it has a nice, light-gray/blue mottled or speckled appearance, and seems more interesting than plain, white paper.

Otherwise, plenty of leather and material! I also happened to piece together a quick little Tron 'T' pin, just for fun. Nothing obtrusive, but something to wear around while I am out - and see if it attracts any attention from fellow fans!

And some word from Boxleitner himself, via Twitter.

Bruce Boxleitner ?@boxleitnerbruce

@LucrataNexarii All I can tell you is to keep trying. Tron lives !where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, March, 23, 2013 3:00 AM
This is an interesting service.

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/, suggest Tron: Uprising. I certainly look forward to seeing Uprising among the candidate slots for voting support.

It seems that similar series such as MotorCity and Young Justice have received substantial support already, in terms of votes. I had only just heard of this site, myself, and it seems worthwhile to spread the word.

Were financial contribution possible, I'd gladly offer.

bluelantern714
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 8:13 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:This is an interesting service.

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/, suggest Tron: Uprising. I certainly look forward to seeing Uprising among the candidate slots for voting support.

It seems that similar series such as MotorCity and Young Justice have received substantial support already, in terms of votes. I had only just heard of this site, myself, and it seems worthwhile to spread the word.

Were financial contribution possible, I'd gladly offer.

I just made an account to try and get people to do this! The site already has an April 11 meeting scheduled with Warner Brothers about resurrecting Young justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. A lot of Tron fans have been suggesting Uprising in an attempt to have the same thing happen for us. You're only allowed to suggest for channels that have agreed to consider the idea, and Disney X D is on the list. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth a shot. We can't let this phenomenal program (no pun intended) go without a fight!

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."--Dumont

Go to smgo.tv and vote for Tron: Uprising. Only 1,774 to go! Show them Tron Lives!

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 11:49 PM
Suggested Uprising on the site.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 1:14 AM
Likewise, suggested!

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 11:19 AM
I also suggested the show. TRON LIVES!

Maybe the people running the petitions for Uprising could link there and suggest it, then link again when the show hits the voting phase.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 3:39 PM
Although the petitions are there, and the profiles are also there for those who run said petitions, I don't recall seeing direct contact information for them linked to via the site... At least, not from my standpoint (a non-member of Change.org). on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 7:47 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Although the petitions are there, and the profiles are also there for those who run said petitions, I don't recall seeing direct contact information for them linked to via the site... At least, not from my standpoint (a non-member of Change.org).

Oh, there was one guy who popped in here who said he started that petition and linked to it. I'll look around and see if I can find the post.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, April, 03, 2013 11:40 PM
The prototypes of my pendents have been glazed and should be fired sometime this week.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 1:23 AM
Nice to hear, Shadowspark! I'm looking forward to the finished result.

I've thought of bracelets and other matter to make and ship off as a form of 'Support Package' were anyone to attend a Con and support any Tron: Uprising efforts. (Presumably,with such items to be given away for free, and without any consequences to the supporter, of course.)

For now, these books have been taking up more time than anticipated. Now that I've arrived at the point where I can work on the leather covers, I've been testing tooling and paint/dyes, and otherwise running into small complications. Also, as an inclination, I keep wanting everything to have that nice, smooth look. But, knowing life and the way leatherwork and bookbinding tends to go (especially with unconventional designs), I'll just have to settle with things having that home-made, old-style appearance.

I also have these next two letters to Disney to work on. I ended up losing track of my old calligraphy pen shaft (I had that thing for years), so I had to jury-rig one up to use instead. Not fancy, but it's functional. Just as a note, there's a bit of acrylic on the 'T' emblem for that light effect, and multiple layers of watercolor along the letters... Because I am too poor for one of those blasted, expensive ink cartridges for my printer.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign