TRON: UPRISING 
 NO BOUNDS - TRON: UPRISING Episode

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 6:39 PM
This forum topic is for discussing the TRON: UPRISING episode: NO BOUNDS.

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Sagitta
User

RE: NO BOUNDS - TRON: UPRISING Episode

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 1:10 AM
Will probably edit this post later after re-watching the episode when I'm awake. But...

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not Able!

Edit:
Wow. Cyrus really hit everyone hard...save for the occupation itself. Not only regarding Able, not only with Mara's turning in trying to find a scapegoat (I mean even Zed questioned whether or not the Renegade was at fault), not only Tron who doesn't have a supplier for the substance he needs for his healing chamber, and quite obviously Beck who has a much harder task ahead of him now. I think being able to return to work is the least of his problems.

(As far as Zed and Mara are concerned...wouldn't the absence of Cyrus be a tip off he had a hand in what occurred? Everything started when he showed.)

Though I wonder if any programs will put 2 + 2 together when the murders by the Renegade have stopped. Or will the occupation only use this to further their own agenda to either make programs "disappear" so they could be repurposed (akin Legacy but in a smaller scale) to add to Tesler's...er...Clu's army. All while blaming the Renegade. Would fit there MO.

Speaking of "Cy" (loved how he and Beck were baiting each other at the club) and his prison....least we now know who built the whole thing, And it wasn't Tron. No wonder why Able strictly told Beck to "stick to the rode" in the first place in The Stranger episode.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 3:38 AM
Really? It took them this long to get to the 'the first mentor dies' part of the Hero's Journey?

I was hoping for more talk between Beck and Tron.

Gah, I'll expand on the post after I've gotten some sleep and watched the episode again.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Sso02V
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 4:51 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Really? It took them this long to get to the 'the first mentor dies' part of the Hero's Journey?

I was hoping for more talk between Beck and Tron.

Gah, I'll expand on the post after I've gotten some sleep and watched the episode again.

Yeah, though they've done some great worldbuilding, it's simply taken the show far too long to actually start advancing its own plot.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Argent
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 2:33 PM
Sso02V Wrote:Yeah, though they've done some great worldbuilding, it's simply taken the show far too long to actually start advancing its own plot.

I think the plot of Uprising has been advancing at a decent speed, myself. Any faster and I think they'd've been in danger of making it feel rushed. The real problem is that they could've used another full season or so to give that story the kind of attention it deserved.

Then again, to be fair, I know I'm coming at things from a different perspective than some of you guys. To me, the most interesting things about Uprising are the individual characters and their stories and the setting itself. Other people seemed to be expecting some sweeping, epic tale where bands of freedom fighters are waging an underground war against Clu's forces. From the beginning, Uprising was a story about one young program's efforts to start a revolution against a tyrant - a noble venture, but one doomed to fail from the start. And on that level, the show has consistently, overwhelmingly delivered.

The last couple of episodes have been heartbreaking. The writers are really pulling no punches now. I feel for poor Beck. The resolve he showed in the final scene drove home how far he's come from that inexperienced but earnest mechanic we saw in the first episode. It just hurts to think that it's going to be over soon. This show really deserved better.

renderinfo2
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 10:38 AM
Ok, only 1 episode left, right?

The renegade no longer has the popular vote. Mara and Zed are now "anti-renegade". Poo... Great episode, but I felt like it created much more questions than it answered. And it only concluded the story of one major character (two if you count Cyrus), while still leaving a lot of gaps in "the story of Able". That might be a good story to tell in a novel - everything from Abel's perspective right up until the end.

I liked this episode, and I think there is no denying that this series has really gotten much better in the second half of the season. I think I'll go and have a good cry...

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 12:11 PM
Quite the episode. IMO, better than the last one. That grin...

And unfortunately, it didn't resolve Cyrus' story. He got away. The bomb didn't go off, and I didn't see any cubes, did you? It makes me wonder if Able could have gotten away though. Cyrus was obviously able to get the device off him in time, I wonder if Able could have. And I agree it made more questions than answers. I wonder how they'll tie it all up. It better be a 1 hour finale at least. Dang it Disney, quit being such a bit-brain and renew it!

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

IZI
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 12:45 PM
maybe it was good SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Cyrus got away
if,just if they give us another season,they might expand things a little..though it seems pretty unlikely...

anyhow,im new here, so ill just let you know this show has been my highlight during these past months.. Yes, i just found out about it.(i ive in Finland, i stumbeled upon this masterpiece on a fluke...what a fluke!)
So the fact that i have a little ranting to do about this episode is not what i think of the whole show.
ahem!
This episode felt kinda rushed though,maybe because Tron felt a bit off character. I think he is a bit more emotional than this. Also, Mara blaming the renegade felt off place too. Understandable,since she was upset about able,but i think she turned on the renegade too easy. Both Mara and Zed have encountered him after all.

Also, it bothered me intensivly that the plot felt ripped off the dark knight. (and rises by the end) I wonder if this was the ending the animators indended since one source suggest they planned out plots of the second and third season already.Might explain why things suddenly start wrapping themselves up in a hurry now that it might be ending... Though i read elsewhere it was intended for a 10 part miniseries,so i don tknow..

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Argent
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 2:49 PM
IZI Wrote:Also, it bothered me intensivly that the plot felt ripped off the dark knight. (and rises by the end)

You do realize the whole "you can save one or the other, but not both" thing is much, much older than Nolan's Batman movies, right?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SadisticChoiceorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 6:29 PM
As for the "Choice" Beck had to make, I got an instant flashback to the "Saw" films. Even Aaron Paul's voice-over was very "Jigsaw" to me. Haha

love this image and how you can see the reflection of the "T" on the identity disc
As for the episode itself, it literally left me emotionally shaken and in disbelief. Such an amazing Episode and it's always a plus when we get to see Tron actually see some action which was thrilling in its own sense. Heck, I was thoroughly worried something terrible would happen to Tron.

I kind of thought Mara's change of stance with the Renegade and it seemed a bit forced, but then I took into consideration that Cyrus most likely confronted Mara and Zed in the Renegade guise then captured and "drugged" them which would have her be more apt to blame The Renegade for the incident never knowing what Able was about to tell her about Cyrus.

Oh, and the intro to the episode with "The Renegade-Renegade" had me out of my seat saying, "Daaayyyuuuummmmmmm!"

Argent
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 7:14 PM
BanditTron Wrote:As for the "Choice" Beck had to make, I got an instant flashback to the "Saw" films. Even Aaron Paul's voice-over was very "Jigsaw" to me. Haha

Aaron Paul makes such an amazing villain. The voice work on this series has been outstanding. Some really incredible performances.

BanditTron Wrote:love this image and how you can see the reflection of the "T" on the identity disc

I love that kind of attention to detail. I really feel like everyone involved in Uprising just poured so much love into their work, from the writers to the artists to the voice cast, and it shows in the finished product. Kind of reminds me of Favreau's Iron Man in that respect.

BanditTron Wrote:As for the episode itself, it literally left me emotionally shaken and in disbelief. Such an amazing Episode and it's always a plus when we get to see Tron actually see some action which was thrilling in its own sense. Heck, I was thoroughly worried something terrible would happen to Tron.

Agreed - this episode was amazing. I personally think Tron would've mopped the floor with Cyrus in a straight fight if he had been at full strength. With the scales weighted in Cyrus' favor, it became a battle of youth and enthusiasm vs. old age and cunning instead, and we all saw how that turned out.

BanditTron Wrote:I kind of thought Mara's change of stance with the Renegade and it seemed a bit forced, but then I took into consideration that Cyrus most likely confronted Mara and Zed in the Renegade guise then captured and "drugged" them which would have her be more apt to blame The Renegade for the incident never knowing what Able was about to tell her about Cyrus.

This is true. The way the Renegade callously dismissed Mara as useless to him at the end of Tagged probably didn't help matters, either - I imagine that may have left her thinking that maybe the Renegade wasn't quite the noble hero she'd imagined. And then this happened...

BanditTron Wrote:Oh, and the intro to the episode with "The Renegade-Renegade" had me out of my seat saying, "Daaayyyuuuummmmmmm!"

Yeah, before the reveal, I thought, "You're getting brutal, Beck. Brutal and needlessly sadistic."

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 7:16 PM
I had a thought. I wondered if Cyrus capturing Mara and Zed might not just be for revenge on Beck and Tron, but revenge on Able as well. After all, Able built Cyrus' prison, and what better way to get revenge on him than to destroy his family? Kill Mara and Zed and he'll destroy Beck with grief, thereby ruining Able. What do you guys think?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Argent
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 7:34 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I had a thought. I wondered if Cyrus capturing Mara and Zed might not just be for revenge on Beck and Tron, but revenge on Able as well. After all, Able built Cyrus' prison, and what better way to get revenge on him than to destroy his family? Kill Mara and Zed and he'll destroy Beck with grief, thereby ruining Able. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't put it past him. I imagine Cyrus and Able had some history, since Able was responsible for Tron's healing chamber, and Able was very familiar with how Cyrus tends to operate in general. Though I think it might've been intended to hurt Able directly, rather than just getting to him through Beck - Zed, Mara and Beck are like his kids, and I'm sure that losing any of them would've been a painful blow to him.

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 8:10 PM
Argent Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:I had a thought. I wondered if Cyrus capturing Mara and Zed might not just be for revenge on Beck and Tron, but revenge on Able as well. After all, Able built Cyrus' prison, and what better way to get revenge on him than to destroy his family? Kill Mara and Zed and he'll destroy Beck with grief, thereby ruining Able. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't put it past him. I imagine Cyrus and Able had some history, since Able was responsible for Tron's healing chamber, and Able was very familiar with how Cyrus tends to operate in general. Though I think it might've been intended to hurt Able directly, rather than just getting to him through Beck - Zed, Mara and Beck are like his kids, and I'm sure that losing any of them would've been a painful blow to him.

Good point. Still, dealing with a distraught Beck would make things even worse.

Tron Lives!

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 8:39 PM
Argent Wrote:
Yeah, before the reveal, I thought, "You're getting brutal, Beck. Brutal and needlessly sadistic."
Nice.

I had a strong feeling as Beck was running up to Mara and Zed that he was finally going to reveal himself, but the crowd being so hostile and Mara's reaction at seeing Beck infront of the "Assassin" screen definitely lead to it being the "wrong time" for such a reveal.

I can imagine Mara taking over Able's garage after all is said and done so that everyone could keep their jobs.
Although the loss of Able played a huge impact on the episode and I loved the character, I would hope that they don't find, or didn't plan on, bringing the character back. (like he escaped at the last moment and jumped from the other side of the crane and washed up along another shoreline/dock area.)

Sagitta
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 10:35 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Quite the episode. IMO, better than the last one. That grin...

And unfortunately, it didn't resolve Cyrus' story. He got away. The bomb didn't go off, and I didn't see any cubes, did you? It makes me wonder if Able could have gotten away though. Cyrus was obviously able to get the device off him in time, I wonder if Able could have.

The bomb shoved onto Cyrus wasn't magnetized to any energy sources when it was reactivated. Cyrus fell to the streets below. Next we know is Tron was looking over the railing peering at a black mess on the ground. Beck also used Bodhi's device, Not Cyrus' own key with who-knows-what he actually had programmed on it.

Able used Cyrus' (presumably) unworking key. His was a different case in that he was still holding onto the bombs after he detached them from Zed & Mara. He was also way too close to the filled energy cannisters when the bombs he held were reactivated.The bombs were magnetized when they (and Cyrus' own bomb) were reactivated.

I'm not sure how Cyrus or Able would have survived. Then again, I doubt Cyris planned for anyone to survive from the start.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, January, 24, 2013 11:38 AM
Sagitta Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:Quite the episode. IMO, better than the last one. That grin...

And unfortunately, it didn't resolve Cyrus' story. He got away. The bomb didn't go off, and I didn't see any cubes, did you? It makes me wonder if Able could have gotten away though. Cyrus was obviously able to get the device off him in time, I wonder if Able could have.

The bomb shoved onto Cyrus wasn't magnetized to any energy sources when it was reactivated. Cyrus fell to the streets below. Next we know is Tron was looking over the railing peering at a black mess on the ground. Beck also used Bodhi's device, Not Cyrus' own key with who-knows-what he actually had programmed on it.

Able used Cyrus' (presumably) unworking key. His was a different case in that he was still holding onto the bombs after he detached them from Zed & Mara. He was also way too close to the filled energy cannisters when the bombs he held were reactivated.The bombs were magnetized when they (and Cyrus' own bomb) were reactivated.

I'm not sure how Cyrus or Able would have survived. Then again, I doubt Cyris planned for anyone to survive from the start.

Able attempted to use the key, then realized it was a dummy, and went to work using the coding gloves the mechanics use. And yes, he was still holding the bombs, and yes, they magnetized to the energy source resulting in a massive explosion. However, we have a few things here: One, we are not shown how Cyrus escapes, and two, they've misled us before. I still remember the bit at the end of "Identity" where Tron says he was betrayed by a friend. We are led to first believe it is CLU, then Dyson, until it is finally revealed that it was Cyrus. In this episode, they show us the explosion from a distance, leading us to believe that Able is dead, but leaving some ambiguity so that he could come back.

Also, I think the voice actor was talking about working on a second season if it was renewed. I don't think they'd need him if his character died.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 1:01 PM
BanditTron Wrote:I had a strong feeling as Beck was running up to Mara and Zed that he was finally going to reveal himself, but the crowd being so hostile and Mara's reaction at seeing Beck infront of the "Assassin" screen definitely lead to it being the "wrong time" for such a reveal.

True. He has the key to clearing the Renegade's name with his friends sitting right between his shoulderblades, but sharing that with the public at large would be a death sentence. Showing Zed and Mara would put them in danger, too - if their discs were ever examined by the Occupation for any reason, it would come out that they were harboring a fugitive and their lives would be forfeit, too - so I imagine it's not something he'd do lightly. (Then again, Mara's already got some pretty incriminating data on her disc as it is...)

BanditTron Wrote:I can imagine Mara taking over Able's garage after all is said and done so that everyone could keep their jobs.
Although the loss of Able played a huge impact on the episode and I loved the character, I would hope that they don't find, or didn't plan on, bringing the character back. (like he escaped at the last moment and jumped from the other side of the crane and washed up along another shoreline/dock area.)

If any program is meant to take over the garage, it would have to be Mara. We know how Able felt about her, and she's definitely proven herself fit to run the place. And so we see another program unexpectedly thrust into a position of responsibility... more common ground for Mara and Beck.

Able was awesome, and seeing him get killed off like that hit me hard. It's because I cared about the character that I don't want to find out he miraculously survived. His death had real weight, and bringing him back now would just cheapen that.

Zen Thing
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 5:06 PM
i agree w/ what some have said about random out of character moments for Mara etc. i thought the dialog was as awesome as usual. the Cyrus VO really adds to the character, credit to Aaron Paul.

tho i did wonder about something- when programs dump their light bikes shouldnt they contract to the wand? just curious.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 5:19 PM
Zen Thing Wrote:i agree w/ what some have said about random out of character moments for Mara etc. i thought the dialog was as awesome as usual. the Cyrus VO really adds to the character, credit to Aaron Paul.

tho i did wonder about something- when programs dump their light bikes shouldnt they contract to the wand? just curious.

You're right. I'm just going to assume Cyrus followed Beck out of the club and tossed the charge onto his bike as he was speeding off. >.>

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING