TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
laphtiya
User

RE: TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 10:12 AM
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/wreck-it-ralph/24360/wreck-it-ralph-2-tron-on-the-wishlist
Not much I know but might be a slight hope here as this article mentions Disney's intention of keeping the Tron franchise alive. Looking at peoples replies and such I may have been a teeeeeeeny bit harsh on Disney, I mean I know the time slot sucks but don't forget shows can also "buy" their time slot. Who's to say Tron couldn't afford a prime time local and got stuck with the graveyard shift?

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 4:29 PM
laphtiya Wrote:http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/wreck-it-ralph/24360/wreck-it-ralph-2-tron-on-the-wishlist
Not much I know but might be a slight hope here as this article mentions Disney's intention of keeping the Tron franchise alive. Looking at peoples replies and such I may have been a teeeeeeeny bit harsh on Disney, I mean I know the time slot sucks but don't forget shows can also "buy" their time slot. Who's to say Tron couldn't afford a prime time local and got stuck with the graveyard shift?

That's incorrect info. regarding that TRON another other shows "buy" their time slot -- where did you come up with that! LOL!

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 4:30 PM
** 2/2/13 -- TRON: UPRISING won two Annie Awards! Presented by the International Animated Film Society -- ASIFA Hollywood: annieawards.org.

Best Production Design in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
Alberto Mielgo -- TRON: UPRISING -- Disney TV Animation

Best Character Design in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
Robert Valley -- TRON: UPRISING -- Disney TV Animationabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 6:35 PM
WorldOutWest Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/wreck-it-ralph/24360/wreck-it-ralph-2-tron-on-the-wishlist

That's incorrect info. regarding that TRON another other shows "buy" their time slot -- where did you come up with that! LOL!

It was actaully in discussion with a friend who's currently in talks with studios in the UK for TV rights to a book she wrote. The later her show would be broadcast the studio would give her more of a cut in royalties, nothing happening yet but its amazing news

anonymouspunk89
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 8:49 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
renderinfo2 Wrote:
But I disagree that the "reason" that Tron:Uprising exists was for the "promotion" of a Tron 3. I am sure it is was "one of the reasons", but in general, I think Disney was hoping to turn Tron into another "Star Wars" or "Iron Man" or "Batman" or "Toy Story" type franchise. Obviously, that didn't happen, and we are left with one of my favorite series of all time, cancelled after one season. And it (Tron:Uprising) wasn't run as a "promotional vehicle" for Tron 3, it was run as a "promotional vehicle" for the entire Tron Franchise.

So, if you add "time elements" to your theory, then you could make a better claim that Tron:Uprising was meant to keep interest alive for Tron 3. I however, choose to believe that Tron:Uprising was meant to keep interest alive for Tron OVERALL. Including more seasons of Uprising, as well as Tron movies 3, 4, and 5.

That's one of the reason why I thought it made no sense for Uprising to be a tie in to Tron 3 because T:U took place way before Sam's arrival and the Rinzler Era. It was a way for the writers to go 'retroactive' on the story, to a degree.

Now if you say that they did work on the animated series right before Legacy was shooting, this might explain why Tron wore white and this could have been a big mistake on their part.

And when Legacy came out, they went "Oh great. He's wearing black the whole time. Ooops. We should've painted him black the whole time".

In fact, in the Nintendo Wii game of Battle Grids, Tron wore black and this was right before the Uprising started. The 'innocent' days of the Games before CLU set them to the 'kill switch' instead of stun mode. The creative styling and character design was very close and similar to the Uprising art direction. I think the game studio worked closely with the animation folks, if I'm not mistaken and that's where they got the reference material for, including the Legacy production folks. I'm sure the gaming studio had NO idea that Tron wore WHITE in Uprising.

Not the most perfect game on the Wii but the Cycles and the Jai Alai game was great fun!

The only reason why I think the animation studio made him wear white was that it was a design aesthetic to set him apart from the other characters even though it does visually contradict with Legacy and other published material. The other theory was that the white suit was a 'life support' suit but the show could've EXPLAINED that, otherwise Beck does not need that because he's not 'virally sick'. It is probably that it acts as a protective armor, like a second coating.

I think the question is how much inside information did the Uprising animation studio have they were privy to in regards to Legacy to keep the show consistent? And why did Disney announce the writers AFTER Legacy came out? It's almost as if they were going 'retroactive'. And going retroactive is not new to me because comic book writers do this a lot, especially Marvel and DC which they're guilty of.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I love the show and the animation quality of it but the compressed storytelling in some of the 'rushed' episodes and Tron's white suit does bother me a bit. It's that sense of inconsistency that sets me off. I'm an artist, so I see things differently.
For Tron's white suit, I look at it like this. While I know that Uprising depicts him wearing it during the coup, I think it was after the betrayal that Tron switched to the white.
He was so damaged he had to revert to Tron 1.0 instead of the 2.0 version from the movie, comic, and games.
My opinion though.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 3:18 AM
My take on Tron wearing white is this.......Remember back when we first saw screenshots of legacy and we were all bitching about how the programs looked sooooooo different to the original tron? Ever thought the guys in development saw this and decided to give us something more farmiliar to what we wanted while keeping the feel of Legacy. Also I see it similar to whats been said, I think it is more than just a costume and Tron is sharing his programming with Beck. I wouldn't say he is back to v1.0 in fact I would probably say when he loses the white suit Tron is in fact making himself weaker (this comes from what I saw in the final episode).

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 10:09 AM
It's just odd, though.

Of all the Tron franchises, Uprising is the only time he's shown in white. Disney Interactive Games created Tron: Evolution (happens prior to Uprising) and Tron: Battle Grids. Battle Grids graphical style looks very similar to the Uprising-verse but this is before that era and that's where Tron is in black.

My feeling is that he's probably using white as his own form of 'life support' or second layer of shielding, kind of like Norton anti-virus programs work. I don't think the show explicitly explains the purpose of the white suit except for the disc programming he hands to Beck. I don't remember seeing any interview where the white suit is explained. I don't think he's in version 1.0 if he's using white because he's already upgraded to 2.0 in Flynn's server. At first, I initially thought the white suit represented his 'black/white' costume in the first movie but this makes no sense at all.

My theory is two things:

1. Design aesthetic for animation purposes so he can be easily identified as 'the main man' or exuding the 'white knight/hero' status.

2. Major mistake or oversight due to miscommunication between three studios (film, game and animation).

anonymouspunk89
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 11:14 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:It's just odd, though.

Of all the Tron franchises, Uprising is the only time he's shown in white. Disney Interactive Games created Tron: Evolution (happens prior to Uprising) and Tron: Battle Grids. Battle Grids graphical style looks very similar to the Uprising-verse but this is before that era and that's where Tron is in black.

My feeling is that he's probably using white as his own form of 'life support' or second layer of shielding, kind of like Norton anti-virus programs work. I don't think the show explicitly explains the purpose of the white suit except for the disc programming he hands to Beck. I don't remember seeing any interview where the white suit is explained. I don't think he's in version 1.0 if he's using white because he's already upgraded to 2.0 in Flynn's server. At first, I initially thought the white suit represented his 'black/white' costume in the first movie but this makes no sense at all.

My theory is two things:

1. Design aesthetic for animation purposes so he can be easily identified as 'the main man' or exuding the 'white knight/hero' status.

2. Major mistake or oversight due to miscommunication between three studios (film, game and animation).

Probably theory one, makes sense if you think about it.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 8:52 PM
laphtiya Wrote:
WorldOutWest Wrote:

It was actaully in discussion with a friend who's currently in talks with studios in the UK for TV rights to a book she wrote. The later her show would be broadcast the studio would give her more of a cut in royalties, nothing happening yet but its amazing news

That doesn't apply to how TRON: UPRISING was run though -- it's a Disney show... on a Disney channel.

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 12:46 AM
The White Suit: I think it's just asthetic. The suit is for show. It was something worn often by Tron in the old days, so it's recognizable. Thus, when Beck or SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Cyrus
wears the suit that was basically Tron's signature, they are instantly recognized as Tron. As for the inconsistency, look at it this way: we know Tron was taken and injured in the coup while defending Flynn and giving him time to get away. That's the important part. Whether his suit was white or black is merely design choices. It could hav happened either way. In one regard, the flashbacks we have in Legacy are faulty because Flynn's memories of the event are fuzzy. We only see it from his point of view. In another, Tron's memories could be faulty because of his damage. We only see it in Uprising from HIS point of view.

I think that the white suit issue isn't a big deal. It's to emphasize that he's TRON. The above is my attempt at reconciling it in-universe.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 3:27 AM
WorldOutWest Wrote:That doesn't apply to how TRON: UPRISING was run though -- it's a Disney show... on a Disney channel.

Yeah well okay it was only a thought whys everyone giving me a hard time over it? :Pwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 08, 2013 6:49 PM
laphtiya Wrote:
WorldOutWest Wrote:That doesn't apply to how TRON: UPRISING was run though -- it's a Disney show... on a Disney channel.

Yeah well okay it was only a thought whys everyone giving me a hard time over it? :P

It's being stated because you kept perpetuating something that wasn't accurate -- and so as to clarify that for other readers.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

laphtiya
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 3:15 AM
WorldOutWest Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:

Yeah well okay it was only a thought whys everyone giving me a hard time over it? :P

It's being stated because you kept perpetuating something that wasn't accurate -- and so as to clarify that for other readers.

I said it once actually and then stated where I got my source hardly what I would call "kept perpetuating" wouldn't you agree?

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 3:38 AM
laphtiya Wrote:
WorldOutWest Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:

It's being stated because you kept perpetuating something that wasn't accurate -- and so as to clarify that for other readers.

I said it once actually and then stated where I got my source hardly what I would call "kept perpetuating" wouldn't you agree?

You said: "whys everyone giving me a hard time over it?" -- implying that it was happening often... which apparently, it wasn't -- though you said it was.

Again -- bottom line: it was clarification for other readers.

laphtiya
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 4:50 AM
WorldOutWest Wrote:You said: "whys everyone giving me a hard time over it?" -- implying that it was happening often... which apparently, it wasn't -- though you said it was.

Wow, well seems that the only person at the moment taking issue with this seems to be you, is there a reason for this perhaps?

I didn't realise that everything I said was taken as gospel and required careful scruitiny.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 7:28 AM
laphtiya Wrote:
WorldOutWest Wrote:You said: "whys everyone giving me a hard time over it?" -- implying that it was happening often... which apparently, it wasn't -- though you said it was.

Wow, well seems that the only person at the moment taking issue with this seems to be you, is there a reason for this perhaps?

I didn't realise that everything I said was taken as gospel and required careful scruitiny.

And vice versa -- this is a moot point: I'm not into petty quibling. You were incorrect -- get over it.

DrP
User

on Tuesday, February, 12, 2013 12:03 PM
Very sad to see that they will not be renewing this series. But frankly I am not not surprised.

I think the series was doomed to start from the beginning. I don't even get this Disney channel on my cable box. And even if I did, I would want to watch it on Blu-ray, high def with a nice 5.1/7.1 soundtrack. Not some crap low bitrate version on TV. I don't think Disney takes their Tron franchise very seriously or they would have tried to put this on one of the major networks where everybody would have been able to watch the show vs some niche channel that most people have never even heard of. Also, shifting the viewing times in season is a pretty sure way to alienate viewers.

As a huge Tron fan I wouldn't want my first viewing of this to be on some dinky broadcast quality media like cable/satellite. Even if I had this cable channel I would have waited for the Blu-ray release. Frankly, I do not watch anything with commercials anymore, it completely removes me from the experience. Oh well. I hope Disney learns their lesson,.... probably unlikely.

I look forward to seeing this on Blu-ray, the way it's meant to be shown.

I await Tron 3!

END OF LINE

Renegade1985
User

on Tuesday, March, 12, 2013 9:42 PM
Deffinatly sucks......seeing that I went to school with the person that did the CGI for the Tron Legacy movie also did the enviormental animation for Uprising.....and to me its kinda like wtf almost the same feeling when Nickelodeon canceled Invader Zim after the first season......

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, March, 13, 2013 12:56 AM
I can see the many ways in which Tron: Uprising had been mishandled - and also as many ways in which it could have been treated with more seriousness, and effectiveness.

Why these poor antics came about is anyone's guess. Why Uprising hasn't been given a second chance is also beyond me. I assume that much of the fan community simply wants answers - and those are not being given.

Personally, I refuse to give in to the fact that Uprising has been placed on hiatus, or otherwise officially cancelled. For a work of it's caliber, it's fate represents both a fell blow to the Tron franchise, while it also casts a long shadow over the course of quality works seen in the realm of animated works and their treatment by mainstream media.

It also irks me that Disney, for all that it attracts in aspiring minds, would cause such disruption towards the Tron material: Tron was responsible for many innovative techniques in animation and production all throughout it's history and present works.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Renegade1985
User

on Wednesday, March, 13, 2013 1:04 AM
Exactly The first Tron was awsome .....even though I was a little kid when it came out but even than though it was way ahead of its time in graphics and animation and it also revolutionized most animating and 3d effects used today.

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End