TRON: UPRISING 
 THE STRANGER - TRON: UPRISING Episode

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 03, 2012 11:14 PM
This forum topic is for discussing the TRON: UPRISING episode: THE STRANGER.

I had the privilege of viewing this episode a few weeks ago at the Disney TV Animation Studio. Just when it seemed the series couldn't possibly get any better, the "envelope has been pushed" even further in stunning artistry and inventiveness -- and just flat out coolness. I won't go into any spoiler territory here -- but rest assured, it's epic!

THE STRANGER is set for broadcast on December 16th.

Here's also a reminder that TRON: UPRISING has moved to Sundays at Midnight, Pacific Time on Disney X D. You can set you DVR (digital video recorder) to easily record the series -- other excellent ways to view the show are via iTunes, Xbox Live Marketplace, the Playstation Store, and Amazon.com Instant Video: new episodes are added there within hours of their broadcast on Disney X D -- and come with full Hi-Definition and Standard Definition viewing options.

Let the discussion begin!

- Jay
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

ShadowSpark
User

RE: THE STRANGER - TRON: UPRISING Episode

on Monday, December, 03, 2012 11:51 PM
*attempts to add patience subroutine to disk, fails* Waiting is torture! And I have to wait one hour longer - it's not on until 1am for me. T_T

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 1:44 AM
Okay, I just finished watching this episode twice! My mind is totally blown! Jay, you're right...they pushed the envelope with this one! To me, this is the best episode yet, especially visually! The artistry is incredible!

Without going into any spoilers, they have incorporated some character design elements that I had envisioned and had hoped for way back when I first heard about TRON: Legacy. I'm glad to see that someone on the character design team had the same idea and that they are doing that here in TRON: Uprising. I'm kind of hoping that they carry it over into TRON 3. Only time will tell.

And as for story line, this series just keeps getting better and better! Thank you Charlie Bean and the entire TRON: Uprising team for making such a fantastic animated series! Keep up the excellent work!

Sagitta
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 2:36 AM

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Well, Cyrus is back. Would have preferred he stayed the way he had been at the end of Scars pt. 2. Sane. Will be interesting to learn if it was his training under Tron that made him snap or...if it had been something else altogether. Or if it was simply due to Cyus' underlying code as a former sentry/guard of Dyson's.

Able may have stated he doesn't want Beck to be another one of "Tron's mistakes". Though I would think Tron would be somewhat more careful with training a student a second time when a first went awry (regardless if Tron was or was not actually at fault).

After rewatching was able to catch the portion missed: the beginning. Apparently it wasn't either Clu or Dyson Tron was referring to when he once told Beck: "I once let friendship cloud judgment...and paid a heavy price." At any rate, hopefully Beck will at least talk to his mentor regarding his view of what transpired. While Beck's feelings of uncertainty may be understandable they're not truly justified I think.

Back in the two parter "The Renegade" Beck seemed to feel Cutler was even a better choice than he was to continue the fight. While Cutler felt otherwise. Even if someone has "the gift" and is "special enough" to outgrow their programming it's not always that they have the ability...but how they use it. Or whether or not, as in Cutler's case...his job helps the Revolution more by gathering supporters. Everyone has a special and unique part to play.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 4:23 AM
Sagitta Wrote:...

Well, Cyrus is back. Would have preferred he stayed the way he had been at the end of Scars pt. 2. Sane. Will be interesting to learn if it was his training under Tron that made him snap or...if it had been something else altogether. Or if it was simply due to Cyrus' underlying code as a former sentry/guard of Dyson's.

Able may have stated he doesn't want Beck to be another one of "Tron's mistakes". Though I would think Tron would be somewhat more careful with training a student a second time when a first went awry (regardless if Tron was or was not actually at fault).

So Dyson built a giant Recognizer. You have to wonder what would happen if someone dropped a word in Tesler's ear about that. The more chaos and infighting within Clu's forces, the better for the Revolution.

I wonder what that code in/on Beck's wrist means. And what was that thing with Clu and Tron? Also, I'm wondering why Beck just didn't straight-out tell Tron what happened and get his side of the story. Aside from the fact that it wouldn't be good for the plot, of course.

Tron was wrong in the previous episode, I think, about Beck knowing the stakes. Sure, Beck's willing to sacrifice his own life for Tron and the Revolution, but is he willing to sacrifice the lives of his friends? I'm guessing it will come down to it eventually, with the choice being continuing to fight or saving Mara, Zed, and Able.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

BanditTron
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 7:00 AM
Wow...flat out jaw-droppingly amazing!

The episode title, "The Stranger" lends very well to the horror/thriller vibe that it was giving off. Some of the scenes were straight up creepy.

I'm glad that Dyson is still in the mix and will appear from time to time, it seems.

I also noticed that TRON's stealth outfit design was upgraded to show more detail of the torso.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Only 6 more episodes left...arrhhgh!

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 11:30 AM
Great episode! I had a feeling that a certain character would return to the fold. At least two of them. Speaking of Tron, I'm now convinced that he's had about TWO apprentices while Beck being the third and most current. I think Dyson was supposed to be the next Tron before the Betrayal happened, in case anything occurs to, well, Tron.

It was great to see Able again in a wider capacity. I knew the writers would'nt leave him out in the cold because he's an important character in the mythos.

But however. . .

Why did Dyson wuss out from fighting Able and Tron? He could've easily derezzed Dyson right there on the spot because he is that damn good. Far more dangerous than Pavel. It's actually bizarre because Tesler, Pavel and Dyson all three have ambitious attitudes wanting to be the 'top dog'.

But is the Super Recognizer the one they're building underground? I don't think it is. Whatever device they were protecting, Dyson took it with him. But if it is that Super Recognizer, then I wonder if that would provide better surveillance abilities and cargo load for prisoners? It's odd that Dyson was under orders to keep it classified from Tesler.

I suspect, however, it might be a self-destruct device to wipe Argon City out because CLU knows that Tesler would have nothing to occupy and rule over.

And as for the Stranger, err, Cyrus, that was bound to happen. They had to re-introduce him again to explain what happened to the sentry program after he freed Tron from Dyson's lab. Something tells me now that Cyrus knows who Beck is, he may threaten to open his mouth and expose his identity.

Whatever Beck had on his wrist, he's got a slightly new 're-write'. That bomb did something to him. And we can see the parallels of the Super Recognizer and Cyrus' Bomb both rising out of the surfaces. In a way, Beck did Cyrus an indirect favor by freeing him. One has to wonder why did Tron imprison him? Was it because he was growing too powerful out of fear that he would be like the next MCP? That mirror door reminds me a bit of the Phantom Zone in the Superman mythos.

A foreshadowing? abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

_Masquerade_
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 4:48 PM
From Tron Wiki:
"It is likely that Cyrus was named after the Cyrus-Beck algorithm, a generalized line-clipping algorithm."
If this is true, then maybe there is more credence to what Cyrus said about he and Beck having some sort of special connection with one-another, as apposed to his claim simply being the ramblings of a mad man. I'm predicting some sort of shocking revelation when Cyrus comes back around.

-Cyrus' new design looks absolutely awesome, and the inside of the Compressed Space is stunning =D

-Did anyone else think of 2001 when Beck was having his bizarre vision?

Skradewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 5:58 PM
I thought this episode was amazing, and the "expanded universe" is getting cooler and cooler. Finally we get to see more than one city at the same time. Wierd that there was only 1 "street" between the two...

However...

With Tron 3 "almost announced", I hope they still keep everything happening in Uprising "canon". I guess if Uprising is really the period between Tron and Legacy, then it shouldn't matter what happens in Tron 3. But it just seems that there's so much more to the "earlier world" of Uprising than there is in the "more revised world" of Legacy. It would be great if Tron 3 took the best parts of Legacy AS WELL AS Uprising in order to create "the next revised Grid"...

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 9:17 PM
_Masquerade_ Wrote:SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
From Tron Wiki:
"It is likely that Cyrus was named after the Cyrus-Beck algorithm, a generalized line-clipping algorithm."
If this is true, then maybe there is more credence to what Cyrus said about he and Beck having some sort of special connection with one-another, as apposed to his claim simply being the ramblings of a mad man. I'm predicting some sort of shocking revelation when Cyrus comes back around.

-Cyrus' new design looks absolutely awesome, and the inside of the Compressed Space is stunning =D

-Did anyone else think of 2001 when Beck was having his bizarre vision?

Skrade

If the algorithim is intentional by the writer(s) part, then we could say that Cyrus and Beck are related.

re: Compressed Space. I think this was a bit of a tribute to the first TRON film's classic circuitry form.

As for 2001, I did'nt notice that but that's a good point. So, we have to wonder why is Tron and Clu in his vision?

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 9:22 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
Sagitta Wrote:...

Well, Cyrus is back. Would have preferred he stayed the way he had been at the end of Scars pt. 2. Sane. Will be interesting to learn if it was his training under Tron that made him snap or...if it had been something else altogether. Or if it was simply due to Cyrus' underlying code as a former sentry/guard of Dyson's.

So Dyson built a giant Recognizer. You have to wonder what would happen if someone dropped a word in Tesler's ear about that. The more chaos and infighting within Clu's forces, the better for the Revolution.

I wonder what that code in/on Beck's wrist means. And what was that thing with Clu and Tron? Also, I'm wondering why Beck just didn't straight-out tell Tron what happened and get his side of the story. Aside from the fact that it wouldn't be good for the plot, of course.

Tron was wrong in the previous episode, I think, about Beck knowing the stakes. Sure, Beck's willing to sacrifice his own life for Tron and the Revolution, but is he willing to sacrifice the lives of his friends? I'm guessing it will come down to it eventually, with the choice being continuing to fight or saving Mara, Zed, and Able.

Shadow. ..

One problem I have with this episode is WHY did they bother to build the Super Recognizer inside Argon City when that could've been done somewhere else, say, Tron City?

As for Cyrus raising that giant electrical ball, would'nt CLU pick up on this with his advanced sensors and recon teams?

And now I'm seeing a list of the next several episodes on Wiki. Very interesting.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 10:11 PM
Just finished watching the episode and I have to ask, where is everyone getting "Cyrus" from? I didn' t see a reference to him in this episode.

Though, Cyrus and the Stranger do look similar.

I guess I missed something.

I'm still waiting to see Flynn appear in this show. Shoot, with the Grid being threatened like it was today, I thought Flynn would appear and save the day.

But...

It was a great episode nonetheless. Everyone is saying how spectacular it looked, and I can't help but agree.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Sagitta
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 10:59 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Just finished watching the episode and I have to ask, where is everyone getting "Cyrus" from? I didn' t see a reference to him in this episode.

Though, Cyrus and the Stranger do look similar.

I guess I missed something.

If possible, rewatch the episode at the very beginning. There was a flashback of the scene when Cyrus saved Tron's life as shown in Scars part 2. They also displayed in the "recap" the end of the episode of "Identity" when Tron made his remark about paying a heavy price for placing friendship ahead of wise judgement. From "Identity" we saw Beck automatically assumed it was Clu with no correction given. When Scars parts 1 & 2 were aired there was speculation it could have been/or was Dyson.

However all Tron Uprising episodes have had recaps that appeared to "set the stage" for that particular episode.

It sure -sounded- like Cyrus if you compare the voice to the one used in "Scars". Maybe not a sane Cyrus. But I doubt anyone would have been if they had been trapped in that prison. Anyone else have a faint memory of "The Black Hole" film when seeing that?" Trippy.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 11:12 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay. I get it now.

As much as I'd like to rewatch them all, they all have the 'Disney ' watermarks, which are annoying.

So, I'll wait for the Blu-Ray release to re-watch them.

The songs on this show are pretty awesome, by the way. Really can't wait for the soundtrack release.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 11:57 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay. I get it now.

As much as I'd like to rewatch them all, they all have the 'Disney ' watermarks, which are annoying.

So, I'll wait for the Blu-Ray release to re-watch them.

The songs on this show are pretty awesome, by the way. Really can't wait for the soundtrack release.

The releases of the show I buy on PSN do not have watermarks, I assume the same applies to the iTunes releases.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

HooDooMan
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 1:02 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
That mirror door reminds me a bit of the Phantom Zone in the Superman mythos.

The first thing I thought of immediately was the CLU creation scene in TRON: Legacy when Kevin Flynn knelt down, touched the Grid and the mirror rose out of it. Even the way the camera view rotated around the mirror in TRON: Uprising was very similar to the camera movement in the scene in TRON: Legacy.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 10:15 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
That mirror door reminds me a bit of the Phantom Zone in the Superman mythos.

The first thing I thought of immediately was the CLU creation scene in TRON: Legacy when Kevin Flynn knelt down, touched the Grid and the mirror rose out of it. Even the way the camera view rotated around the mirror in TRON: Uprising was very similar to the camera movement in the scene in TRON: Legacy.

Hoodoo...

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the mirror, reminding me of the creation scene of Flynn kneeling down to open it up and create CLU. I wonder If THIS is the same mirror Tron used to entrap Cyrus? CLU can't do this so only a User could. Also, this was in the Outlands, right? Where Programs can't function on foot except for air vehicles?

If so, would'nt Beck's bike go out of commission simply by going into the Outlands? Even himself, losing energy? If I'm not mistaken, is'nt this Outland area close to where Flynn's hideout is at?

Sending Able to Dyson's secret operation was a stupid mistake because now the enemy can make the connection to Able getting 'involved'. Dyson is going to think "This guy knows something and he's now buddy buddy with Tron and he RUNS a garage business". Guess what? He's gonna lose his garage and if Dyson is that intelligent, he may deduct that the Renegade is operating within that place. Cyrus will also make things worse and threaten to open his mouth, although he hates CLU and his forces.

Now, there are two Renegades amok. I really think CLU is going to start cleaning house near the end of the series with a lot of derezzing going on.

I also wonder if Beck's odd vision of Tron and CLU might be a manipulation of CLU reaching out to him? Almost like the Emperor pulling Anakin Skywalker's strings?

I just realized something. Could this mirror be where creation all started and where CLU got his roots from? But can it also be how Flynn 'transferred' Tron through it as well? This might explain the storm's effects on Beck's vision.

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 2:30 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:The releases of the show I buy on PSN do not have watermarks, I assume the same applies to the iTunes releases.

That's correct. The iTunes releases don't have the watermark.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the mirror, reminding me of the creation scene of Flynn kneeling down to open it up and create CLU. I wonder If THIS is the same mirror Tron used to entrap Cyrus? CLU can't do this so only a User could. Also, this was in the Outlands, right? Where Programs can't function on foot except for air vehicles?

If so, wouldn't Beck's bike go out of commission simply by going into the Outlands? Even himself, losing energy? If I'm not mistaken, isn't this Outland area close to where Flynn's hideout is at?

I dunno about that. After all, the cycles seem to have no problem outside Tron's hideout. I think that the cycles in Legacy are different. And where did you get the idea that this is where Flynn's hideout is? I saw nothing that shows that.

Sending Able to Dyson's secret operation was a stupid mistake because now the enemy can make the connection to Able getting 'involved'. Dyson is going to think "This guy knows something and he's now buddy buddy with Tron and he RUNS a garage business". Guess what? He's gonna lose his garage and if Dyson is that intelligent, he may deduct that the Renegade is operating within that place. Cyrus will also make things worse and threaten to open his mouth, although he hates CLU and his forces.

I don't think Dyson knows that it's Tron under the black helmet. But I agree with you that sending Able in was a mistake. Able makes a terrible spy. Especially since he is a fairly high-profile person in Argon. Beck is one mechanic in a garage full of them. But Able runs the garage. I don't think Cyrus is going to threaten to open his mouth. I think he's going to come after Tron and Beck.

Now, there are two Renegades amok. I really think CLU is going to start cleaning house near the end of the series with a lot of derezzing going on.

I don't know about there being two Renegades running amok, but it's a given that Clu is going to derezz a lot of people at the end of the series.

I also wonder if Beck's odd vision of Tron and CLU might be a manipulation of CLU reaching out to him? Almost like the Emperor pulling Anakin Skywalker's strings?

I don't think so. I mean, I don't think Clu and Beck have ever met face-to-face. I bet it's important, but I don't think it's that.

I just realized something. Could this mirror be where creation all started and where CLU got his roots from? But can it also be how Flynn 'transferred' Tron through it as well? This might explain the storm's effects on Beck's vision.

I thought it was more like the Phantom Zone. But I do wonder how Tron came by it. Did he make it? Or find it? I think that the storm's effects on Beck's vision have more to do with that chair thing he was strapped into.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

Tesla
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 4:59 PM
I think it's the same mirror Flynn used to create CLU too. Tron could have stolen it and figured out how to use it in a similar way..

I have a theory about where the show might be going with the Cyrus-Beck plot.

I think they where part of the same program once, and when Cyrus went corrupt Tron figured out a way to extract the part of him that was still good, his conscience, kindness and sanity, and make a backup program using the mirror... Beck! The corrupt part of Cyrus was imprisoned and that's why he's utterly insane now, devoid of his former conscience... it would also sorta explain why he looks so different. Why didn't Tron just derezz Cyrus? Maybe he just feels guilty or maybe one cannot exist without the other, if Cyrus is derezzed so would be Beck.

Cyrus and Beck's dialogues also seem to hint at this:
"See? This is what I'm talking about. This back and forth. Like we are one mind."
"You and I are more alike than you know. -- Why do I know every move you're going to make before you make it?"
"You think you're acting beyond your programming, but this is your programming."
I can't wait for the next episodes!!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 5:31 PM
haha, at what point do we stop doing spoiler tags? The episode is officially released afterall? For those that haven't seen it yet I would think that avoiding the thread that is meant for discussion on the episode would just be avoided until after they watch it. Thats what I do.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING