Game Grid 
 End of Line RP Forum!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
KingJ.exe
User

End of Line RP Forum!

on Thursday, November, 15, 2012 4:49 PM
Okay, I'm gonna nudge this as much as possible.
(If this is in the wrong place, please move it. Thank you, oh mighty admins.)
Out there, in the net, lies a fantastic TRON forum that is one big roleplaying game. I highly recommend you jump over there and check it out, because it's just starting out, so you'll get in on the grand opening!
Check out End of Line here: http://troneol.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

anonymouspunk89
User

RE: End of Line RP Forum!

on Friday, November, 16, 2012 3:34 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Okay, I'm gonna nudge this as much as possible.
(If this is in the wrong place, please move it. Thank you, oh mighty admins.)
Out there, in the net, lies a fantastic TRON forum that is one big roleplaying game. I highly recommend you jump over there and check it out, because it's just starting out, so you'll get in on the grand opening!
Check out End of Line here: http://troneol.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Neat, I'll see you there King

Kat
User

on Friday, November, 16, 2012 8:08 PM
Looks fun. I might join just to watch, but I don't know enough about RPIng to actually join up with a character. Will be interesting to see how it works.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

trekking95
User

on Friday, November, 16, 2012 10:55 PM
Kat Wrote:Looks fun. I might join just to watch, but I don't know enough about RPIng to actually join up with a character. Will be interesting to see how it works.
Same here, the only RPs I have been in are the forum based ones here.

So do they twist the story too much to their own taste or do they keep with the basic Tron movie themes? If they do I wont like it.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 12:23 AM
Read the info on the forum, and all will be explained. Also, that's what this is. One big forum RPG.

Find the archive here:

Kat
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 11:21 AM
Well, no, all isn't generally explained. The forum still assumes one has a basic idea of how RPIng itself works, and personally I think that's only something that's learned by doing (I even had to look up what the "maturity rating" thing meant). And this forum seems like one of those things that is more geared for someone who already knows what they're doing (it is described as being for the "intermediate/advanced" player), not someone who's there to learn the ropes. I don't want to be "that guy" who's always breaking the unspoken rules of RPing when the game's designed for people who don't have to stop to ask questions constantly or don't have to be corrected all the time as to what is permissible in the RP "culture" or not.

(I did a Harry Potter RP once back in college. It was a bit difficult to wrap my mind around; my guess is that it just wasn't a very-well-organized RP. It was largely aimless so it got pretty boring after a while with not much happening, and it seemed really fast-paced-- if I got on once or twice a day I still seemed to miss a lot of stuff that went on. And a lot of things didn't make sense, like other characters "introducing" themselves to my character, whereas I assumed it was implied they all already knew each other, since they'd gone to school together for years, etc. My other friends who were playing there lost interest around the same time I did.

Since then, I observed other RPs that have seemed to be a power struggle between players all trying to force the plot to go they way they want, etc. After all of that, I was pretty much turned off to RPing. It seems like a difficult thing to do correctly, when you get that many people going on a single story. This one looks like it might actually have a plot and rules that might keep it from going stagnant or devolving into ridiculous argumentative plot points, and if they have a once-a-month posting rule, then I assume they don't anticipate it will move so fast that it'll be easy to get behind if you don't come by several times a day.)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 7:25 PM
Well, sorry that you feel like that Kat. I got on with almost no experience and picked up the basics of how things work pretty quickly, by asking questions in the cbox and reading what I could. I think you could have a lot of fun there, but if you don't want to, that's fine. Not trying to push or be confuzzling or anything.

And I don't know how to answer the other question. You'd just have to read the plot section, and watch and see what happens to understand what it's like.

Find the archive here:

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 8:16 PM
Kat Wrote:Well, no, all isn't generally explained. The forum still assumes one has a basic idea of how RPIng itself works, and personally I think that's only something that's learned by doing (I even had to look up what the "maturity rating" thing meant). And this forum seems like one of those things that is more geared for someone who already knows what they're doing (it is described as being for the "intermediate/advanced" player), not someone who's there to learn the ropes. I don't want to be "that guy" who's always breaking the unspoken rules of RPing when the game's designed for people who don't have to stop to ask questions constantly or don't have to be corrected all the time as to what is permissible in the RP "culture" or not.

(I did a Harry Potter RP once back in college. It was a bit difficult to wrap my mind around; my guess is that it just wasn't a very-well-organized RP. It was largely aimless so it got pretty boring after a while with not much happening, and it seemed really fast-paced-- if I got on once or twice a day I still seemed to miss a lot of stuff that went on. And a lot of things didn't make sense, like other characters "introducing" themselves to my character, whereas I assumed it was implied they all already knew each other, since they'd gone to school together for years, etc. My other friends who were playing there lost interest around the same time I did.

Since then, I observed other RPs that have seemed to be a power struggle between players all trying to force the plot to go they way they want, etc. After all of that, I was pretty much turned off to RPing. It seems like a difficult thing to do correctly, when you get that many people going on a single story. This one looks like it might actually have a plot and rules that might keep it from going stagnant or devolving into ridiculous argumentative plot points, and if they have a once-a-month posting rule, then I assume they don't anticipate it will move so fast that it'll be easy to get behind if you don't come by several times a day.)

I used to DM years ago on AD&D 2nd Ed and it was challenging, but the magic number is about 5 players but any more than that, it becomes chaotic. We stopped playing a few years later as I got into art school. I did'nt RP until later on when I moved up to Vermont and did a little 3rd edition D&D. It was okay, but then Pathfinder came along which became a better alternative.

So in essence, I think beginner kits are a useful tool to bring people onboard without overloading them with too much information. I'm still trying to get my hands on the Pathfinder Beginners Box, in case my friends want to get into it. Or anyone, for that matter.

And with that in mind, the TRON RP should have some kind of beginner level or introductory format to allow them to seque into the advanced parts of the game. I still would prefer a 3-D modelled world, similar to Guild Wars 2, as a full-fledged MMO. A shame Disney does'nt have the foresight or the balls to do it. Doing a TRON MMORG would be like Art imitating Life, or Art imitating Art in that sense of having digital avatars represent you.

A perfect parallel to the franchise, yes?

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 11:55 PM
Ah.....

Not an RPG, RP forum game...

Find the archive here:

Kat
User

on Sunday, November, 18, 2012 11:31 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Well, sorry that you feel like that Kat.
Trust me, it's better that I feel like this than being the person who's always interrupting what's going on. I can pick up almost anything with a bit of observation, hence why I said i'll probably watch for a while but not join in just yet, but when I'm in an unfamiliar situation I'd rather get a feel for the culture and stuff before I jump in with both feet. Once there are more posts on the forum and more members I'll get a better feel for where, exactly, everyone's going with this and what the forum mores seem to be shaping up like.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote: the magic number is about 5 players but any more than that, it becomes chaotic.
I think that was another part of the problem with the one I did back in college, besides the general lack of rules or set plot-- there were so many people that they were hard to keep track of, way too many side stories were going on, etc.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kalista
User

on Saturday, November, 24, 2012 9:58 PM
Hi, guys.

Sorry to interrupt, but King J’s been telling me how cool this place is, so I figured I’d check it out. I’m one of the admins on End of Line, and I’m not here to push the site or smack down opposition or anything – I just wanted to acknowledge a couple comments made earlier.

…this forum seems like one of those things that is more geared for someone who already knows what they're doing (it is described as being for the "intermediate/advanced" player), not someone who's there to learn the ropes.
I realize now that the player level we listed is a little misleading. We’re actually looking for intermediate to advanced writers – we welcome role players of any level of experience. We all had to start somewhere, after all! We’re looking into the areas where intermediate to advanced levels are cited, and we’ll try and make them more clear so we don’t accidentally discourage anyone else that might like to join, but finds it too intimidating. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Kalista
User

on Saturday, November, 24, 2012 9:59 PM
I think beginner kits are a useful tool to bring people onboard without overloading them with too much information.
This is also something we’d like to work on in the future. We didn’t realize how many people who were new to RPs would be interested in the site, but we’re getting a better idea of that now. In the near future, we’d like to start working on an introductory guide to RPs so people aren’t quite so daunted with all the material there is to read. We’d also like to summarize the application process from start to finish and cover all the steps from signing up to gaining full access to the board and posting for the first time. I’d been considering something like that for awhile, but reading this thread, I’ll try and have it done ASAP.

That was really all I wanted to mention. As I said, I’ll stay out of the general conversation regarding the site – I’m not going to police it looking for anyone who speaks ill of it, or of RPs in general – but I’ll check in once in awhile to see if there’s anything we can improve on, or to answer any questions that might arise. Thanks again for your feedback, and for giving the site a chance!

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, November, 25, 2012 9:24 AM
Kat Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:Well, sorry that you feel like that Kat.
Trust me, it's better that I feel like this than being the person who's always interrupting what's going on. I can pick up almost anything with a bit of observation, hence why I said i'll probably watch for a while but not join in just yet, but when I'm in an unfamiliar situation I'd rather get a feel for the culture and stuff before I jump in with both feet. Once there are more posts on the forum and more members I'll get a better feel for where, exactly, everyone's going with this and what the forum mores seem to be shaping up like.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote: the magic number is about 5 players but any more than that, it becomes chaotic.
I think that was another part of the problem with the one I did back in college, besides the general lack of rules or set plot-- there were so many people that they were hard to keep track of, way too many side stories were going on, etc.

Gotcha. RP forum. Pretty old school then .

Kat
User

on Monday, November, 26, 2012 1:32 AM
Kalista Wrote: We’re actually looking for intermediate to advanced writers

Not sure I'm that, either, but I'll give it a whirl.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Gotcha. RP forum. Pretty old school then .

Worse. It was on Myspace.

We won't talk about the several PMs I got from dudes-- who were NOT players in the RP and I'm fairly certain they weren't being sarcastic-- telling my character how hot she was. The pics were Natalie Portman and her profile clearly stated she attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Reality much? It was good times. At least we had fun for a little while, and I learned that you must choose your RPs quite carefully.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Java
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 9:04 PM
I'd be willing to participate as well
Just haven't RPd online before. So I'd say I'm fairly inexperienced.

END OF LINE.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 End of Line RP Forum!