TRON: UPRISING 
 Significance of white suit

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TriggerEXE
User

on Thursday, July, 12, 2012 8:26 PM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but what is the significance of the Tron outfit being white? I don't remember Tron being white at any point in the movie or game. I know the light colors on the outfits mean something, but what does the whole white outfit mean? I know its a throw back to the original 80s movie in a way, but other than that, and just being a different color so no one recognizes him, I don't know what the purpose is. Unless its just a style choice for the show and has no other meaning outside of that.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Cyberwolven
User

RE: Significance of white suit

on Thursday, July, 12, 2012 9:46 PM
It could be a throwback to the original.

It could also have a symbolic meaning, but I'm not too sure. There's a few other programs with white suits, mainly the sirens. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

ChessMess
User

on Friday, July, 13, 2012 6:42 AM
I took it as a reference to the old system, which Tron came from. He was the only program that Flynn brought from that system hence the only program to sport the white suit.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

JamisonE33
User

on Friday, July, 13, 2012 4:59 PM
Technically CLU was in both the old and new, but he did not have a white suitorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 13, 2012 5:08 PM
if you'll notice, all the suits in the show look almost like a mixture of the 82 suits and the legacy suits. all the suits in the show have little to no armor and they are just 1 plain color instead of having the complex hexagon symbol all over the suit.
this is probably for 2 reasons:
-it is supposed to be very similar to the 82 suits
-the animators did not want to put all that complex armor and tiny hexagons on the suit, so they pulled it off by calling it their own "style".
i really like the look of the suits in it. not too simple, and yet not too complex.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, July, 13, 2012 5:08 PM
Well, CLU 2 is actually a Codified Likeness Utility, and CLU 1 was a hacking program. They weren't the same, but were the same, if you get my meaning. They looked alike. I think TRON just has access to a variety of suit, because we see him disguised as a renegade guard in Betrayal.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, July, 13, 2012 10:44 PM
JamisonE33 Wrote:Technically CLU was in both the old and new, but he did not have a white suit

Nope, the Clu you're thinking of is technically a different program. You'll remember that the Clu you're thinking of was tortured to death within the opening scenes of the first movie

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 9:58 PM
It's got to be symbolic of something.. after all, from that Comic-Con preview we saw, Tron removed the white data from beck's disc and put it back into his own to find Hopper.

Mayorcan
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 12:34 AM
Well, what I said in a previous topic about the white suit kind of doesn't hold water anymore. It seemed clear to me that the white suit is Tron's 1.0 appearance. To maintain optimal operations in wake of the damage he sustained, he cannot stay in 2.0 form (including the "Rinzler" outfit) without risking complete code degradation.

But as the show progressed, much called my theory into question. First of all, as Beck flits about in Tron's 1.0 form, programs seem to instantly recognize him as Tron. How could this be, if Tron always maintained his 2.0 form while in Kevin Flynn's Grid? Sure, you could say they are only identifying him by his "T" symbol, but more questions arise from the preview for the upcoming "Scars" episodes.

Tron is clearly seen in these flashbacks as also in his white suit. Would this make sense if the memories are recalled by Tron and interpreted by Beck? If the reminiscing is done by Dyson, though, then that would constitute a serious instance of canon rewriting. Tron in all media up to this point looked like "white circuits" Rinzler. The only variations were in circuitry patterns, most likely done in order to not draw too much attention to the "Tron = Rinzler" concept prior to the release of Tron Legacy.

If anybody else sees some alternative explanation that I'm currently missing, do share. The only other way I can explain the white suit's ubiquity is that at some point (and this is a really crazy theory) when Flynn started creating the Grid (Early 1983), there was definitely some overlap between his Grid and the Encom grid. I mean, all those programs had to come from somewhere. Perhaps their exodus (Tron came along, too?) was of such an instantaneous or unrevealed nature that to them, living in Tron City or Argon City in Flynn's Grid was just an extension of the old Encom Grid. Hence, Beck's proclamation to a disguised Tron, "Tron saved the Grid once before. Maybe he can save it again."where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

mrw
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 11:28 AM
I suspect it's for multiple reasons: it's a reference to the original, it's to make it obvious that Tron/Beck is the good guy, and possibly to make it really obvious in fight scenes which character is "Tron." In-story? I have no good explanation, other than "It looks cool."

As much as I love having the white suit back,it bugs me a bit because they showed Tron wearing the white suit during the fight with Clu, which...no, he wasn't. Three other pieces of media contradict that.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING