Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron uprising characters look.... non-human?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
KingJ.exe
User

RE: Tron uprising characters look.... non-human?

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 3:58 PM
Yeah, I've noticed the pacing seemed a bit too fast. I'm hoping they slow it down soon. They could have some epic season-long story arcs. In fact, I think the latest two episodes, with a bit more writing, could have been a season each.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 4:50 PM
LIT Wrote:There is 18 episodes! This is the source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054368?refCatId=14

Wow, thanks LIT! I didn't know that! That's awesome!

I read the article and apparently the 10 micro-episodes that make up the prelude episode are used as part of an interactive game on the Disney X D website. I think originally they were going to play 10 three-minute "micro-sodes" leading up to the series. I think that was where I got the "10 part miniseries" idea from.

Then they decided to play them all in a single prelude episode, "Beck's Beginning". I thought I saw some news story after it aired that said the series would be 10 episodes, so I think that's where I got confused.

But now we know we get 18 EPISODES! WOO HOO!! I sure hope Disney gets the response they are looking for, and more! I want TR3N!!

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 5:17 PM
emdeesee Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Absolutely. Tron and Clu have the most dramatic look compared to all the characters. Their style almost reminds me a bit of Nelvana animation's approach from the blasphemous Star Wars animated special in 1977 featuring Boba Fett and Chewbacca, etc. Some of you old enough would know what I'm referring to. The show is embarassingly bad but the animated segment was fascinating in terms of artistic style and cinematography.

If you can stand it, you can go see the Star Wars Christmas Special for yourself, thanks to the marvels of the internet.

WARNING: IT IS BAD Nothing you've been told can prepare you for how bad it is. Proceed with caution.

The animated stuff starts at around 56:00. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to link to it directly.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the animation; the quality is pretty low, though.

(ahem) I've seen it in its entirety from a VHS tape years ago. I almost retched. The Boba Fett animated segment is one that stood out a bit better. The animation was interesting. Nelvana Studios then went on to do Rock and Rule.

In fact, Nelvana did the animation for Animalympics which the one and only Steven Lisberger directed. No lie! Loved the fencing scene there. lol. After all, I'm a fencing program myself dueling to the death.

I can't imagine had, on another time and reality, if Nelvana did an animated version of TRON with such 80s flavor.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 5:18 PM
becktherenegade Wrote:
emdeesee Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Absolutely. Tron and Clu have the most dramatic look compared to all the characters. Their style almost reminds me a bit of Nelvana animation's approach from the blasphemous Star Wars animated special in 1977 featuring Boba Fett and Chewbacca, etc. Some of you old enough would know what I'm referring to. The show is embarassingly bad but the animated segment was fascinating in terms of artistic style and cinematography.

If you can stand it, you can go see the Star Wars Christmas Special for yourself, thanks to the marvels of the internet.

WARNING: IT IS BAD Nothing you've been told can prepare you for how bad it is. Proceed with caution.

The animated stuff starts at around 56:00. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to link to it directly.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the animation; the quality is pretty low, though.
lol ive seen pictures of this, but ive never actually watched it.... i must watch it soon

Just prepare a puke bag. Just sayin'. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 5:22 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:
LIT Wrote:There is 18 episodes! This is the source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054368?refCatId=14

Wow, thanks LIT! I didn't know that! That's awesome!

I read the article and apparently the 10 micro-episodes that make up the prelude episode are used as part of an interactive game on the Disney X D website. I think originally they were going to play 10 three-minute "micro-sodes" leading up to the series. I think that was where I got the "10 part miniseries" idea from.

Then they decided to play them all in a single prelude episode, "Beck's Beginning". I thought I saw some news story after it aired that said the series would be 10 episodes, so I think that's where I got confused.

But now we know we get 18 EPISODES! WOO HOO!! I sure hope Disney gets the response they are looking for, and more! I want TR3N!!

I concur. 18 episodes is excellent and I think we have'nt scratched the surface yet. We only saw 4 official eps so far. That means, there about 16 more weeks of Tron goodness to go. Oooh. That means, Rinzler happens in October.

The horror!

cirlin
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 5:56 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote: That means, there about 16 more weeks of Tron goodness to go. Oooh. That means, Rinzler happens in October.
Actually we know specifically that it will not happen at all this season, and it's unlikely next season either. Boxleitner mentioned in some interviews that he hasn't recorded anything regarding Rinzler yet, and the writers even mentioned that it's not something that they've addressed in any season 2 writing they've done.
For Bruce's interview, check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTLEWvPsqU
at about 20 seconds in.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LIT
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 5:57 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote: I concur. 18 episodes is excellent and I think we have'nt scratched the surface yet. We only saw 4 official eps so far. That means, there about 16 more weeks of Tron goodness to go. Oooh. That means, Rinzler happens in October.

The horror!
Not necessarily, we could get more seasons(I hope!!!!), which means maybe Rinzler won't happen for a long time.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 6:46 PM
LIT Wrote:
becktherenegade Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:I think the pace of the show is a result of the overall design by the director, producers, and writers.. Remember, this is only supposed to be a TEN-PART MINISERIES. And we've already seen three of them. So, I think by it's very nature, it has to have a quick pace in order to wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions, and explain how TRON became Rinzler.

Also, another reason the pace may be so quick is because it's primarily designed for a younger audience demographic. It's not so complex that it has to explain away everything, because it doesn't have to. It can be much simpler and still be entertaining to a younger audience.

Of course, it may also be another example of the rapid-fire, "I need constant stimulation", mindset of the ADD generation. But who knows. I just hope they extend it into a full series after the miniseries wraps up. Does anyone know what kind of reception TRON: Uprising has had in general so far? Has it met or exceeded Disney's expectations?

Oh, and to get back on topic of the original post, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the animation style before the series began, especially the whole "long legs" thing. But after watching the episodes so far, I'm really surprised at how much I'm liking it. Yes, they look a bit inhuman, but as was stated before, I think it's just the stylized approach they've taken with the overall design. And I'm kinda diggin' it!
theres only ten episodes? thats dissapointing... i wonder if theyll have a dvd with all of the episodes on it come out?
anyway, yes i like the animation as well... now that ive been looking at it as more it actually reminds me of something like the Batman animated series mixed with something Tim Burton would design
There is 18 episodes! This is the source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054368?refCatId=14
18 episodes! oh my user...... MORE AWESOMENESS

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 7:15 PM
cirlin Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote: That means, there about 16 more weeks of Tron goodness to go. Oooh. That means, Rinzler happens in October.
Actually we know specifically that it will not happen at all this season, and it's unlikely next season either. Boxleitner mentioned in some interviews that he hasn't recorded anything regarding Rinzler yet, and the writers even mentioned that it's not something that they've addressed in any season 2 writing they've done.
For Bruce's interview, check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTLEWvPsqU
at about 20 seconds in.

If that's the case, they're gonna have to conclude this series before Tron 3 happens. They absolutely have to! BUT, if they are really smart, they should do an animated series taking place between Legacy and Tron 3 to add background development and history. Because something tells me that doing Tron 3 is going to be a major pain in the a$$ storywise to get it right and should be three hours long. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 7:19 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:

Of course, it may also be another example of the rapid-fire, "I need constant stimulation", mindset of the ADD generation. But who knows.

THIS is what I think is the problem with the current state of the entertainment industry, even comics. I still love the look of Uprising and think it is appropriate. Like I said before, the characters of the game Tron: Battle Grids for the Wii takes place right before Clu takes power and where Flynn is still the free-wheelin', don't give a care User.

Although, the character design for Battle Grids is very much the same as Uprising and I believe the animation team worked with the game producers before the game dev group folded. That game will be a collector's item.

becktherenegade
User

on Monday, July, 02, 2012 10:19 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:

Of course, it may also be another example of the rapid-fire, "I need constant stimulation", mindset of the ADD generation. But who knows.

THIS is what I think is the problem with the current state of the entertainment industry, even comics. I still love the look of Uprising and think it is appropriate. Like I said before, the characters of the game Tron: Battle Grids for the Wii takes place right before Clu takes power and where Flynn is still the free-wheelin', don't give a care User.

Although, the character design for Battle Grids is very much the same as Uprising and I believe the animation team worked with the game producers before the game dev group folded. That game will be a collector's item.
i never did play that one. i played Tron:evolution for the psp and then i have Tron: evolution for my Xbox 360 (and both of them are totally different)

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

anonymouspunk89
User

on Monday, July, 02, 2012 1:22 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:

I have that game, that was fun (doesn't hurt that I could make a custom program) used to play with my little sis in disc wars and lightcycles all the time.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, July, 02, 2012 4:24 PM
becktherenegade Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:

i never did play that one. i played Tron:evolution for the psp and then i have Tron: evolution for my Xbox 360 (and both of them are totally different)

It's pretty good. The lightcycle and jai alai are the best parts of the game.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron uprising characters look.... non-human?