TRON: UPRISING 
 Interesting Text in TRON: Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
LIT
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 11:33 AM
I was watching The Renegade (Part 1) and found some very interesting information in this text.
(Ignore the Play button)

Could this have a meaning?

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

emdeesee
User

RE: Interesting Text in TRON: Uprising

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 12:27 PM
This seems to be a recreation of the display from Flynn's server in the basement of the arcade after Sam logged on, thought the duplication is sloppy. Consider:

Everything under "bin/history" is Flynn's command history, showing modification of the laser control code, compilation, testing, editing of Flynn's will, and finally activation of the laser.

Some changes have been made to the Uprising version to remove references to non-fictional technology, i.e. eliminating references to Sun's Solaris OS and "j386" instead of i386.

The directory listing (at the top of the screen) in the Uprising version is more DOS-like, while the Legacy is clearly a Unix-like OS.

LIT
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 12:39 PM
emdeesee Wrote:This seems to be a recreation of the display from Flynn's server in the basement of the arcade after Sam logged on, thought the duplication is sloppy. Consider:

Flynn's Display from Legacy
Everything under "bin/history" is Flynn's command history, showing modification of the laser control code, compilation, testing, editing of Flynn's will, and finally activation of the laser.

Some changes have been made to the Uprising version to remove references to non-fictional technology, i.e. eliminating references to Sun's Solaris OS and "j386" instead of i386.

The directory listing (at the top of the screen) in the Uprising version is more DOS-like, while the Legacy is clearly a Unix-like OS.
I did not know that, thanks for showing me.

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

_Masquerade_
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 9:34 PM
Interesting. I wonder if November 3rd was the day Kevin got locked in the Grid?

_Masquerade_

HooDooMan
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 10:15 PM
_Masquerade_ Wrote:Interesting. I wonder if November 3rd was the day Kevin got locked in the Grid?

_Masquerade_

Interesting point, Masq. I'm sure we could work it forward from that date. Just take the screensaver date from before Sam wiped the dust from the screen and work it forward from November 3rd, 1989. I wonder if it would come out to be December 17th, 2010? (or possibly November 30, 2010, the initial release date in Tokyo, Japan.) But I'm too tired (read lazy) to figure it out. LOL!

_Masquerade_
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 11:53 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:Interesting point, Masq. I'm sure we could work it forward from that date. Just take the screensaver date from before Sam wiped the dust from the screen and work it forward from November 3rd, 1989. I wonder if it would come out to be December 17th, 2010? (or possibly November 30, 2010, the initial release date in Tokyo, Japan.) But I'm too tired (read lazy) to figure it out. LOL!

Using a date calculator, I got October 23, 2010, which matches neither of those dates... Still of note, however, is that it seems Kevin was still working on his old games while maintaining the Grid. I wonder what he had in store for those?

_Masquerade_
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

epicpwner333
User

on Wednesday, June, 20, 2012 9:45 PM
Perhaps Sam Flynn is looking back at the Grid's history....."Accessing Archive"???abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 2:04 PM
last_will_and_testament.txt ? hmmm....abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 2:54 PM
BanditTron Wrote:
last_will_and_testament.txt ? hmmm....

Interesting place to keep the most up-to-date version: on an un-networked computer in a secret basement laboratory that no one will find for 20 years.

Danial92
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 9:15 AM
Is Flynn using some sort of assembly language to get into the grid?? just wondering...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 9:59 AM
Danial92 Wrote:Is Flynn using some sort of assembly language to get into the grid?? just wondering...

No way of knowing, but the laser control system is apparently written in C.

Edit: What I'd really like to know is was "LLLSD" stands for in "LLLSDLaserControl.c". Any guesses?

Danial92
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:26 AM
emdeesee Wrote:
Danial92 Wrote:Is Flynn using some sort of assembly language to get into the grid?? just wondering...

Edit: What I'd really like to know is was "LLLSD" stands for in "LLLSDLaserControl.c". Any guesses?
WOW, looks like I need to brush up my C programming skills, the coding looks like in assembly language form, but apparently is a C language. Cool.....

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:31 AM
Danial92 Wrote:
emdeesee Wrote:

WOW, looks like I need to brush up my C programming skills,  the coding looks like in assembly  language form, but apparently  is a C language. Cool.....

Which code do you mean?

Most of the text in the screen capture I'm referring to, which includes the reference to LLLSDLaserControl.c, a C source file, is Flynn's shell history, not source code at all.

Danial92
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:50 AM
emdeesee Wrote:
Danial92 Wrote:
emdeesee Wrote:

WOW, looks like I need to brush up my C programming skills, the coding looks like in assembly language form, but apparently is a C language. Cool.....

Which code do you mean?

Most of the text in the screen capture I'm referring to, which includes the reference to LLLSDLaserControl.c, a C source file, is Flynn's shell history, not source code at all.
Like the DIR command and also the 3 digits locate on the left, they all look alike to the assembly language concept that I learned previously...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 2:04 PM
_Masquerade_ Wrote:Interesting. I wonder if November 3rd was the day Kevin got locked in the Grid?

_Masquerade_

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Los Angeles (or Center City, or wherever it seems to take place), but to me, in the 1989 flashback at the start of Legacy it actually looked like quite a nice summer evening to me.
Flynn just puts on his jacket and nothing else when leaving the house...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Zuse
User

on Tuesday, July, 03, 2012 7:00 AM
EXODUS Wrote:I'm not sure what the weather is like in Los Angeles (or Center City, or wherever it seems to take place), but to me, in the 1989 flashback at the start of Legacy it actually looked like quite a nice summer evening to me.
Flynn just puts on his jacket and nothing else when leaving the house...

That's Los Angeles the entire year.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

End of line

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING