Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Fate of Tron: A Theory.... (possible spoilers)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 10:49 PM
My THEORY is that Tron is disguising himself as "Rinzler" to gather intel and devise a way to take down Clu piece by piece from the inside.

Tron MAY of never actually of ever been "rectified" or "re-purposed" by Clu since it was never **explicitly** shown or said in Tron Legacy, Betrayal, etc. Me and others have only **speculated** that he was. But only his "defeat" was ever shown.

Now I'm going by what has been shown so far in Uprising....

My theory is that there's a HUGE possibilty that Tron, due internal damage to his code, some code degradation over time, that Tron while *acting as* "Rinzler" temporarily lost his memory and FORGOT he was actually Tron, and continued to act as his Rinzler persona, Clu's enforcer.
It wasn't until he saw Flynn in the light jet that he started to **remember** protecting Flynn, and that he "fights for the Users".....
Clu may of *never* have know Rinzler was ever actually Tron....

I hope this is how Tron: Uprising play out in that respect.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

trekking95
User

RE: The Fate of Tron: A Theory.... (possible spoilers)

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 12:20 AM
Good theory, I don't know if Disney will ever use it but good anyway!

But as far as Clu not knowing Rinzler was Tron he would be stupid since Rinzler has the same circuitry as Tron.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 12:44 AM
Clu is a still a Program, and very obssessed with "creating the perfect system" (linear or limited thinking), and may of not really of noticed any similarity of Rinzler to
Tron.

Aother possibilty is Tron's "Rinzler" persona/disguise is probably like shell with a kind of perception filter to Clu and all other Programs (only Flynn a User recoginized Rinzler as Tron), so Clu never sees "Rinzler" as ever possibly being Tron. Sort of how a Trojan virus is disguised as something else.

It's very curious that the writers, and neither the graphic novel or the movie ever specifically showed or said "Clu repurposed Tron"... so it will be interesting whatever direction the main writters Edward and Adam go...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, May, 31, 2012 6:58 AM
Perhaps he is using the same trick Flynn used in the original movie Changing his colour somehow makes other programs see him as 'friendly' to their cause. Or perhaps Clu believes that Rinzler is Tron who has been repurposed by one of his lieutenants?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Sunday, June, 03, 2012 10:04 PM
laphtiya Wrote:Perhaps he is using the same trick Flynn used in the original movie Changing his colour somehow makes other programs see him as 'friendly' to their cause. Or perhaps Clu believes that Rinzler is Tron who has been repurposed by one of his lieutenants?

I can't see Clu being that sloppy.

Remember the scene with Clu and Zustor? Zustor says "I presume they perished in the elevator" and Clu says, "You presume??" and tells Rinz to "find them."

I don't think he assumes much or leaves much to chance. I have to think he's smarter than that. Otherwise I don't imagine he would've managed to get as far as he did.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

J
User

on Monday, June, 04, 2012 4:53 AM
I think he's already been re-purposed into Rinzler, but as a Manchurian Agent or a case like (pardon the actor allusion) Talia Winters. All it would take for "Tron" to go away is for Clu to make a slight adjustment to the disc.

This has benefits for Clu. What better way to get your enemies out in the open than making them think the great hero who took down Master Control is still alive and recruiting an army? What better way for you to learn names, locations, hideouts, and supply lines than having the rebel figurehead hand them to you? Even better for Clu; some young, stupid beta-unit of a Program (or, possibly, an Iso) is trying to pass himself off as a much more experienced and badass fighter. (Think Batman. Yeah, Terry McGiniss is no slouch, but compared to Bruce Wayne in his prime?) All the better is that Tron wouldn't realize he's a traitor. Holes in his memory, glitches in his software...he would attribute it to being an older Program (8 years is quite old for software, and Dumont is proof Programs age), and damaged by Clu's attack.

Remember, Clu is a SMART S.O.B - he thinks like Flynn. In fact, all you have to do is take 1982!Flynn, send the karma meter to the basement (82!Flynn was just shy of Chaotic Neutral, and had a streak of being a petty, vindictive, arrogant jerk), and give him a single project on which to focus all that brain power. Scared yet?

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Sso02V
User

on Monday, June, 04, 2012 5:06 AM
Kat Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:Perhaps he is using the same trick Flynn used in the original movie Changing his colour somehow makes other programs see him as 'friendly' to their cause. Or perhaps Clu believes that Rinzler is Tron who has been repurposed by one of his lieutenants?

I can't see Clu being that sloppy.
Though I couldn't see Clu being so sloppy either, it does play well to all these characters still being computer programs with rules that they all follow.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, June, 04, 2012 8:28 PM
I think it's a masking "shell" / perception filter... how long that "mask" protocol will continue to function on the damaged Tron remains to be seen. I've seen no direct hard evidence that proved Tron was ever actually put through the rectification process. We will have to see what happens later in the storyline of Uprising I think..

I much prefer that he lost his memories and so just *thought* he was "Rinzler"/servant of Clu (and actually was just in disguise and monitering Clu) but due to his damages and degraded code sort of settled into Being "Rinzler" and forgot he's Tron and "fights for the Users" then many cycles later upon seeing Flynn he regains a bit of his memory....order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING