TRON: UPRISING 
 How do you think the series will end?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 6:41 PM
We know that it will end rather sadly since it's before Legacy, but how do you think it's going to happen?

I've got two theories.

1. Beck dies taking out Tesler to save Argon City.

2. Clu captures Tron, Beck goes to try to rescue him and gets killed by either Clu or Rinzler.

Of course, I'm looking forward to a great series before the ending! What do you think? abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

ShadowDragon1
User

RE: How do you think the series will end?

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 7:46 PM
I think it will end with Beck freeing Argon City and breaking it free from the Grid to float in "free space" as a floating island (witht the city on it), independant from The Grid and cloaked in kind of cloaking, defensive shield

Tron will tell Beck he's taken on a disguise named "Rinzler" and will continue to have the appearace of working one of his sentries to monitor Clu and devise a way to take him down piece by piece from the inside.

But they will show that Tron is starting to loose his memory.... probably in the last few seconds of the show....

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

emdeesee
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 9:50 AM
I'm guessing with a 1.5 hour, direct-to-blu-ray release.

Here's the question I've got: What's the over/under on how many episodes it takes before Quorra makes a guest appearance?

anonymouspunk89
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 11:45 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: I think it will end with Beck freeing Argon City and breaking it free from the Grid to float in "free space" as a floating island (witht the city on it), independant from The Grid and cloaked in kind of cloaking, defensive shield

Tron will tell Beck he's taken on a disguise named "Rinzler" and will continue to have the appearace of working one of his sentries to monitor Clu and devise a way to take him down piece by piece from the inside.

But they will show that Tron is starting to loose his memory.... probably in the last few seconds of the show....

That wouldn't be a half bad ending. Guess we'll just have to wait and see eh?

J
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 3:55 PM
It's likely going to be a downer ending. We're talking Mass Effect 3 levels of downer (Has Bioware been having a collective bad day for the last 5 years?)

Mind you, my crack-pipe theory for Ahsoka Tano is that she tried to rescue a youngling Starkiller, only to run across her old master, who would want to give her a quick death instead of what Palaptine would do. Starkiller sees the duel, and becomes fascinated by her reverse Shien grip, using it to honor her without fully understanding why.

Along that line?

1) Beck and Tessler get into a fight and it becomes a case of "Taking you with me"

2) Clu decides "enough's enough," kills Tessler for incompetence (see Jarvis), and then nukes the whole city - game over.

3) Tessler goes down, but Beck's captured and rectified. Clu takes control of the city.

4) Beck's sent to the Games, and painfully de-rezzes at the hands of his hero while Clu nukes the city.

Still, even if he de-rezzes, no one sees him die, so he becomes the name and symbol the resistance rallies behind, ala Galen "Starkiller" Marek. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

SweatyPyro
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 9:32 PM
Feels kind of weird predicting the ending to a show that has just barely started....

Though it is funny how possible all these guess can be!

\o/

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 10:29 PM
SweatyPyro Wrote:Feels kind of weird predicting the ending to a show that has just barely started....

Though it is funny how possible all these guess can be!

Since it's before Legacy and it's canon, we know that it will have to end in a way that conforms to the Legacy timeline. Therefore, we know that it will end badly for Tron at least. But I'm looking forward to a really good series before the ending. 2 more hours and I'll get to see it on Disney Channel!!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Green Tank Commander
User

on Friday, May, 18, 2012 10:33 PM
Not sure about what will happen with Beck and friends, but Tron will have to become Rinzler by the end of the series...but that's a given.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Range 9. Mark, 45. 48 degrees...Hold it...Hold it. FIRE!"

Flynn should never have written all those tank programs.

LIT
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 12:25 PM
You guys might want to take a look at this...

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 1:05 PM
Thanks, LIT! Interesting storyboard sheet!

Check out some of the other artwork from TRON: Uprising, it's beautiful!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/tron-uprising-preview-talkback.html

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 9:10 PM
Well, we'll find out.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

_Masquerade_
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 9:19 PM
LIT Wrote:You guys might want to take a look at this...

*cut*
Oh my. I was going to say that Uprising doesn't necessarily need to end with Beck being derezzed, what with Argon being such a remote place that it wouldn't make much of an impact on Legacy's timeline. But it appears as if Beck might not have a happy ending We'll have to wait and see, I guess...

_Masquerade_

mastercilinder
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 2:08 PM
LIT Wrote:You guys might want to take a look at this...

Nice find.

We can't really be certain this means he dies, considering it just says energy.

Maybe Beck takes a hint from Tron and uses his injury to disguise himself as another Rinzler . . .

Link to bigger image: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/TronStoryboard02.jpg

J
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 3:26 PM
One of the Wild Guesses on Uprising's TV Tropes page point out that it might be Beck that gets twisted into Rinzler.

As mentioned as a Fridge Horror possibility on the main page, Rinzler is Beck, not Tron

Items that might be interpreted to support it:
  • Tron will apparently be training Beck how to fight.
  • Beck also seems to have 2 Identity Discs, his own original and his friend's.
  • In Tron: Legacy, during the flashback, Tron's fighting style is brutal and direct, dispatching his opponents with a minimum of effort and time. But Rinzler's fighting style is flashy and acrobatic, just like Beck's.
  • Granted, it has been a loooooong time between the two, and Rinzler's style may have evolved into the acrobatics. Also, the main place we see Rinzler fight is in the games, and he may have been deliberately putting on a show for the audience.
  • If Uprising is Canon, it would be difficult to reconcile Tron's permanent injuries allowing him to be as effective a fighter as Rinzler is, unless Clu is able to heal him somehow.
  • Beck survives crashing into a light ribbon, which has been seen to kill other programs. Rinzler, Tron and Clu all are shown to have similar vitality.
  • When Rinzler breaks free of his conditioning at the end of Legacy, we do not see his face, so it is not visually confirmed to be Tron under the helmet.

Things that may be interpreted against it:

• Uprising may turn out to not be Canon or in the same continuity with Legacy.
  • Rinzler speaks in Tron's voice and says Tron's catchphrase at the end of Legacy. (Although that may be justifiable depending on how well trained/programmed/brainwashed Beck is.)
  • There has been no in-story justification for Beck's unusual vitality, so it may also be a case of the writers making it more common, to allow more Badass vs Badass fights, rather than the curbstomps we see in Legacy between Clu and Rinzler and Tron and any mook who is unfortunately to share the screen with them.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Imbroglio
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 4:14 PM
Flynn loses his mind and creates a zombie cybervirus causing an outbreak that threatens to destroy the grid.

The ISO's are carriers of the virus.

Clu discovers that programs who are rectified become immune and uses them to stop an apocalypse by eliminating the infected and more importantly the ISOs.

Rinzler is the result of Clu trying to save an infected Tron by subjecting him to the rectifying process which halts the virus in mid-transformation. Tron is still corrupted to the point that only his basic functions remain with fragments of past memories.

Clu imprisons an insane Flynn to prevent him from taking the zombie virus outside the grid and into the real world. While under house arrest Flynn creates a doomsday device named Quorra.

In the end Clu was doing what he was programmed to do and Flynn was the bad guy all along.

mastercilinder
User

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2012 2:54 PM
Imbroglio Wrote:Flynn loses his mind and creates a zombie cybervirus causing an outbreak that threatens to destroy the grid.

The ISO's are carriers of the virus.

Clu discovers that programs who are rectified become immune and uses them to stop an apocalypse by eliminating the infected and more importantly the ISOs.

Rinzler is the result of Clu trying to save an infected Tron by subjecting him to the rectifying process which halts the virus in mid-transformation. Tron is still corrupted to the point that only his basic functions remain with fragments of past memories.

Clu imprisons an insane Flynn to prevent him from taking the zombie virus outside the grid and into the real world. While under house arrest Flynn creates a doomsday device named Quorra.

In the end Clu was doing what he was programmed to do and Flynn was the bad guy all along.

. . . huh?

I mean, that would certainly put everything into motion for Legacy . . . but "Flynn goes insane" sounds a bit . . . out of character? Are you saying Clu would use the virus as an excuse to imprison Flynn, or frame him?

It kinda ties into Evolution with ISO's carrying the virus, so it's not impossible . . . but nothing even hints to this in Legacy . . . unless Flynn just decided Sam didn't need to hear that part

What leads you to say this? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Dargas
User

on Thursday, May, 24, 2012 3:35 PM
It i stated in Legacy that CLU can't create from scratch. he can either reshape (reprogram, refurbish, etc) or destroy. In both the game (Xbox360) and the movie is clearly stated that Tron was defeated by CLU and reprogramed to become Rinzler, CLU's personal bodyguard and assasin.

At the end of Legacy Rinzler wakes from his "block" when he goes near Kevin and he talks to him, Knowing Kevin had "Powers" within the Grid i assume that he mentally broke through CLU's reprograming allowing the, obviously still alive original programing of TRON to retake control over himself.

In the comics prelude to Legacy (Betrayal) we see how TRON was defeated and badly wounded by CLU while TRON gained Kevin time to escape. In this very comic TRON states that he was "Left to die" as it is also stated by him in Uprising.

It is now obvious that while TRON is scarred from his fight with CLU, he still is in essence TRON and that CLU still has no real control over him.

We are still to see:

ISOs, their city and how CLU commits Genocide. The ISOs should still alive by the time of uprising's beginning since they're still alive by the time of the xbox360 game in wich we witness in the eyes of the security program we use how CLU defeats TRON.

That is, of course, unless the Uprising series takes place right after the "Purge" and after the security program saves (and dies doing it) QUORRA and Kevin finding her in the wastelands and preparing to fight CLU. Hopefully we'll be given this treat.

To me it falls kind of on the obvious side that Beck will eventually join Flynn's resistance army (Or will it be the other way around?) and i could almost bet that BEck will die defending Kevin and taking The General down with him.

At some point CLU will fight TRON again and this time instead of destroying him or leaving him for dead, he'll refurbish his programming, repairing his scars and turning him into his servant as an Ultimate Slap to Kevin's face. Kevin's Hero is now his lapdog.

One mystery I wonder about: TRON separates half of his identity Disc, effectively sharing his own code with Beck and in return getting a share of Becks code into him... how will this work? is TRON effectively "Replicating" himself in a new and healthy body and then gaining Beck's "Gift" as he puts it, while gifting Beck with his own security Code and tactics?

this is the bit I'm most curious about!!!

by the way, nice meeting you guys. I've been a fan of tron since the original movie (I'm 40 now) and i'm now madly in love with Uprising.

cheers and merry meet Programs!

Imbroglio
User

on Friday, May, 25, 2012 5:24 PM
mastercilinder Wrote:
. . . huh?

I mean, that would certainly put everything into motion for Legacy . . . but "Flynn goes insane" sounds a bit . . . out of character? Are you saying Clu would use the virus as an excuse to imprison Flynn, or frame him?

It kinda ties into Evolution with ISO's carrying the virus, so it's not impossible . . . but nothing even hints to this in Legacy . . . unless Flynn just decided Sam didn't need to hear that part

What leads you to say this?

In the scene were Sam gets captured and put on the recognizer, there is a program who snarls and has a half rotted off face that shows the effects of the zombie cybervirus.

Clu is using the games as a way to get rid of those who are susceptible to the virus and as an example to those who refuse to be rectified.

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Thursday, May, 31, 2012 12:41 AM
I think...

Beck will become Anon and smuggle Quorra out of the city...

..Just a guess, but with some tweaking they could easily use Beck to represent the "Sympathetic program" mentioned in Legacy.

mastercilinder
User

on Saturday, June, 02, 2012 3:52 AM
Imbroglio Wrote:
In the scene were Sam gets captured and put on the recognizer, there is a program who snarls and has a half rotted off face that shows the effects of the zombie cybervirus.

Clu is using the games as a way to get rid of those who are susceptible to the virus and as an example to those who refuse to be rectified.

I always thought that guy just had a damaged face from a disc battle . . . interesting theory though.

I kinda doubt that this is the case. The games are just to distract everyone. Simple, Tessler's doing the same thing.

The virus is just a sub-plot of the game, I don't think any of the writers have even considered this.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING