TRON: UPRISING 
 New footage for Tron: Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
RenegadeProgram
User

RE: New footage for Tron: Uprising

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 6:37 PM
WOW!!!!!! Looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see it. I, too, don't like the Aeon Flux elongated-body style of the characters, but other than that, I don't have too many complaints. Also like how the circuitry patterns on the programs are a little more complex, but wish that the backgrounds were a little more colorful - then again, this is inside Flynn's private server, not the ENCOM 511. Looks like Tron's coloration in the first part of it is similar to the white zen-esque robe that Kevin Flynn wore in Legacy. Since this takes place before Legacy, wonder if we'll see Abraxas (from the game Tron: Evolution) show up? Also, LOVE the remix of "The Grid" playing in the last part of this trailer - COOL!!!!!! Just wish they'd give us an exact date in June as to when this will be coming on so that I can set my DVR to record it ahead of time, as I'm sure other people (with DVR) would want to do that as well. . ..

Thanks for posting Jay West! You tha Man!!!!!!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 6:40 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Still a little off-sync, but at the very least viewable now.

Sorry about the low quality.

AWESOME job, Tron.dll! As a videographer/video-editor I know what you mean when you see something that can be done better with your work - however, I actually didn't notice the sync problem. It lined it pretty good for me. Thanks for posting! End of Line.

Respectfully,

RenegadeProgram

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 7:43 PM
That's going to be AMAZING!!! I can't wait! I just wish that ElecTRONica would stick around until then...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 9:22 PM
So am I the only one that thinks the "Aeon Flux"~ish character design style looks awesome?

I really enjoyed the mini-episodes of Aeon Flux btw.
The voice acted mini series was "ok", it was cancelled before Peter Chueng could resolve all it's plot threads...

I can't wait to watch each episode of Uprising and hope the series will be properly concluded...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Argent
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 10:10 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:So am I the only one that thinks the "Aeon Flux"~ish character design style looks awesome?

The voice acted mini series was "ok", it was cancelled before Peter Chueng could resolve all it's plot threads...

I can't wait to watch each episode of Uprising and hope the series will be properly concluded...

I'm not a big fan of the character designs, myself.

To be fair, I loved the original Aeon Flux shorts. (The full episodes were OK, but I didn't enjoy them nearly as much. The lack of dialogue made the shorts really atmospheric. Adding voiceovers actually detracted from the experience for me.) The visual style worked for me in Aeon Flux - the whole point seemed to be to give the world a slightly alien vibe, and the spidery, skittery character designs played into that. It's not a look that I associate with Tron, though. Personally, I'd've preferred something along the lines of the recent anime adaptations of X-Men, Iron Man, etc., art-wise - I think character designs in that vein would have been a fantastic fit for this property.

That said, the trailer has me extremely psyched for Uprising. June can't get here soon enough.

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 10:24 PM
I just watched the trailer again and saw Beck fighting with Rinzler at the end of the clip and heard the conversation between them. And something occurred to me.

What if the "Rinzler" that we are seeing is TRON *BEFORE* he was corrupted? We know that TRON was damaged by CLU, but TRON got away and went into hiding. What if that "damage" is manifesting itself as an altered outward appearance (Rinzler) and (distorted) voice?

What if the "fighting" we are seeing at the end of the clip is actually TRON beginning to train Beck? The conversation back and forth between them can fit into that scenario if you listen to it from that perspective.

Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake and I'm the last one realizing this, after everyone else has figured this out. But I just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm really interested in seeing where this series goes and how they flesh out the story line.

Oh, and I broke down and ordered AT&T U-Verse this afternoon with the HD package so I can watch this in HD! LOL! where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Mayorcan
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 11:20 PM
I was thinking a similar thing; that maybe, Tron tries to play "double-agent" for a while until Clu wises up and completely rectifies him into the Rinzler persona we see in Legacy.

Of course, the easier explanation is that being a trailer, the fighting sequence between Beck and Rinzler does not go with the words spoken between Beck and Tron. They were just spliced together for the promo. But I guess we won't know for sure until June.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 7:45 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:So am I the only one that thinks the "Aeon Flux"~ish character design style looks awesome?

Aeon Flux influence? That's exactly what I was thinking. In fact, it works and creates a dramatic look for it, with some anime DNA in it.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 7:52 AM
Mayorcan Wrote:I was thinking a similar thing; that maybe, Tron tries to play "double-agent" for a while until Clu wises up and completely rectifies him into the Rinzler persona we see in Legacy.

Of course, the easier explanation is that being a trailer, the fighting sequence between Beck and Rinzler does not go with the words spoken between Beck and Tron. They were just spliced together for the promo. But I guess we won't know for sure until June.

I had a theory before Legacy came out that Rinzler was an 'undercover' name for TRON. After all, if you want to spy on someone or take down a drug or crime ring, you go undercover. That's why I think this is what may have happened.

Unfortunately, what we saw in Tron Legacy counters that. How can TRON look white in Uprising when he has normal Black/Blue colors in Legacy? My feeling that this takes place RIGHT AFTER Tron gets injured in his fight with CLU saving Flynn or when programs are starting to rebel against CLU for what he did with the ISOs.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 12:42 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Mayorcan Wrote:I was thinking a similar thing; that maybe, Tron tries to play "double-agent" for a while until Clu wises up and completely rectifies him into the Rinzler persona we see in Legacy.

Of course, the easier explanation is that being a trailer, the fighting sequence between Beck and Rinzler does not go with the words spoken between Beck and Tron. They were just spliced together for the promo. But I guess we won't know for sure until June.

I had a theory before Legacy came out that Rinzler was an 'undercover' name for TRON. After all, if you want to spy on someone or take down a drug or crime ring, you go undercover. That's why I think this is what may have happened.

Unfortunately, what we saw in Tron Legacy counters that. How can TRON look white in Uprising when he has normal Black/Blue colors in Legacy? My feeling that this takes place RIGHT AFTER Tron gets injured in his fight with CLU saving Flynn or when programs are starting to rebel against CLU for what he did with the ISOs.
I noticed that too-Tron seems to be wearing a white suit when he is fighting Clu, rather then a black one in Legacy.
Has someone has already pointed out, this trailer could have been put together from various scenes & dialogue, and bear in mind that we STILL don’t know EVERY detail about what will happen throughout this series…

Has for the visual style, I quite like it actually! For me it’s very much like the Animatrix-it’s not so much about the DESIGN of the animation itself, but more about the emphasis on the actual STORYTELLING element of this series. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 4:55 PM
Based on what's insinuated in this trailer, I strongly suspect the plot is that the injured Tron is captured by Clu and rectified because Clu does value Tron's fighting ability. But in Uprising it's Rinzler 1.0... who as it turns out is not entirely under Clu's control, and he actually trains and aids Beck and the resistance as a double agent.

Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of Uprising, Clu discovers Rinzler's treachery and processes him again, resulting in Rinzler losing even the ability to speak - that lasts until we see him start to shake off the programming in the end of Legacy.

Of course, the dark nature of the overall story arc begs: what is Beck's ultimate fate? Clearly, giving Clu a new "general" in Uprising allows Beck to have a villain he can eventually defeat, and it's safe to assume that's what is going to happen.

But I wonder if Beck may not have a tragic end, hence he's never seen again after the rebellion.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 5:14 PM
spacedinosaurblue Wrote:Based on what's insinuated in this trailer, I strongly suspect the plot is that the injured Tron is captured by Clu and rectified because Clu does value Tron's fighting ability. But in Uprising it's Rinzler 1.0... who as it turns out is not entirely under Clu's control, and he actually trains and aids Beck and the resistance as a double agent.

Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of Uprising, Clu discovers Rinzler's treachery and processes him again, resulting in Rinzler losing even the ability to speak - that lasts until we see him start to shake off the programming in the end of Legacy.

Of course, the dark nature of the overall story arc begs: what is Beck's ultimate fate? Clearly, giving Clu a new "general" in Uprising allows Beck to have a villain he can eventually defeat, and it's safe to assume that's what is going to happen.

But I wonder if Beck may not have a tragic end, hence he's never seen again after the rebellion.

Yes, just like the movie. I think it's safe to say that TRON was looking for a replacement for a while before that infamous scene in Legacy where Clu attempts to arrest Tron/Flynn. The rebellion uprising happened right before that.

The biggest concern I have is if Tron: Evolution considered canon and compatible with Uprising? Does the presence of Abraxas and Anon count in Uprising? And why is TRON white in this one? How can he be white before the fact he got injured by CLU? It can't be after since he gets rectified into Rinzler as Clu's b---h.

And I bet that Flynn is already hiding in his safehouse meditating on "To be Obi Wan or not to be, that is the question".

EDIT: I also want to add that I think something will happen to Beck and his friends. Clu is the one thing that Beck will not have an easy time fighting against. We're talking the power of Clu Fu!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 5:26 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe the situation is this:

Starlight Runner and the producers tried to organize all the fiction into one timeline.

Tron: Betrayal is most accurate to a single order of events and fits with Tron: Legacy

Tron: Evolution is relatively accurate, but it contains some conflicts because there wasn't sufficient communication with everyone else.

Until the further canonize characters and events in Evolution (perhaps some appear in Uprising), I'm sticking with Betrayal and Legacy, as well as website timelines and a lot of the Flynn Lives alternate reality game plot info.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, April, 16, 2012 11:17 PM
spacedinosaurblue Wrote:I could be mistaken, but I believe the situation is this:

Starlight Runner and the producers tried to organize all the fiction into one timeline.

Tron: Betrayal is most accurate to a single order of events and fits with Tron: Legacy

Tron: Evolution is relatively accurate, but it contains some conflicts because there wasn't sufficient communication with everyone else.

Until the further canonize characters and events in Evolution (perhaps some appear in Uprising), I'm sticking with Betrayal and Legacy, as well as website timelines and a lot of the Flynn Lives alternate reality game plot info.

I'm of the Tron: Betrayal school due to the accuracy of it, but there were a little bit of contradiction in how Tron fought Clu in the book compared to the film version. One reason I think is because the comic version came out before the film and there may have been some mis-communication between Marvel and Disney in the story elements.

Evolution was interesting of a concept but the idea of CLU using Abraxas' presence as a created scapegoat reminds me too much of the US conspiracy stories of the government rigging 9/11. It's an old concept and technique that governments use, which I can understand to divert attention and place the blame. Clu created Abraxas as a pretext to go to war with the ISOs.

Now, if the ISOs were so special as someone pointed out, they would've been able to adapt and wipe out the programs handily with their skills and regenerative ability. But the programs had an advantage: CLU who is nearly omniscient and close to the power level of Flynn.

Legacy never mentioned Abraxas nor Anon. I was a bit disturbed on the disjointed pacing of the story of Legacy and you can tell by the way it was edited. If you look at Tron (1982), it had a good sense of flow and structure in a classical manner.

In a way, I think that Tron: Uprising is a very slick way for the LOST writers to cover their a$$es by back-pedaling to attempt to change our perspective in regards to Legacy.

Anyway, I expect TRON 3 to see the return of Clu, either re-coded by Sam because he would be the only program that can sniff out Kevin's digital-DNA on the grid to hunt for his pieces. The other possibility is that if Sam does that, the CLU would have to look like, well, Sammy himself.

Otherwise, it's all pointing to Dillinger Jr as the new plot development. And with the new writer, they can't afford to f--k it up. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, April, 17, 2012 3:14 AM
ok... I got a theory here....

When CLU attacked Tron (allowing Flynn to escape), Tron sustained severe damage to his head (loss of code) (his voice sounds a bit woobly); and Tron aborbed/intaked some of the red-orange energy from CLU or the Sentry's disc, or DL a bit of new code taking on the "Rinzler" persona. But he was still essentially Tron underneath it all.

I think Tron pretends to have lost his memory and "joins" CLU,"becoming" "Rinzler". He later meets Beck and trains Beck in secret.
Now I think the damage to Tron was never repaired and he eventually did loose alot of his memory of who he was after many cycles.

I think Tron was never actually "rectified" just gradually lost his memory after 1000 cycles due to the damage to his head. But seeing Flynn in person (flying over him in the LightJet chase) and then remembering for a brief moment that he "fights for the Users" a bit of the real Tron came back....

Now the whole Tron being in white in the "flash back" snippets, I think that's just a thematic style *homage* to the original "TRON", and not anything of signifigance to the plot, and not meant to be taken as anything other than an homage (him being colored white, and then colored black once he has the "Rinzler" persona....)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, April, 17, 2012 8:09 AM
Nice theory there, but one problem. Tron was always in black/blue when he first got copied over to Flynn's private server. "ENCOM" Tron, however, was of lighter blue color in the original film. Uprising makes no sense if he's using his old color when in Legacy and Betrayal, he was shown to have black/blue, and he did'nt fight the Red Guards at first until AFTER Clu began his power grab over Tron City (or the Grid).

But I buy the theory that one of the Red Sentrie's disk 'infected' him in the fight. His disc came into contact with a 'viral' disc that began to corrupt him. I think CLU planned this knowing Tron would parry the disc (a la fencing. I'm a fencer myself, so I know).

ShadowDragon1 Wrote:ok... I got a theory here....

When CLU attacked Tron (allowing Flynn to escape), Tron sustained severe damage to his head (loss of code) (his voice sounds a bit woobly); and Tron aborbed/intaked some of the red-orange energy from CLU or the Sentry's disc, or DL a bit of new code taking on the "Rinzler" persona. But he was still essentially Tron underneath it all.

I think Tron pretends to have lost his memory and "joins" CLU,"becoming" "Rinzler". He later meets Beck and trains Beck in secret.
Now I think the damage to Tron was never repaired and he eventually did loose alot of his memory of who he was after many cycles.

I think Tron was never actually "rectified" just gradually lost his memory after 1000 cycles due to the damage to his head. But seeing Flynn in person (flying over him in the LightJet chase) and then remembering for a brief moment that he "fights for the Users" a bit of the real Tron came back....

Now the whole Tron being in white in the "flash back" snippets, I think that's just a thematic style *homage* to the original "TRON", and not anything of signifigance to the plot, and not meant to be taken as anything other than an homage (him being colored white, and then colored black once he has the "Rinzler" persona....)

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, April, 18, 2012 3:50 AM
Um I guess you missed this part where I wrote:

"the whole Tron being in white in the "flash back" snippets, I think that's just a thematic style *homage*to the original "TRON", and not anything of signifigance to the plot, and not meant to be taken as anything other than an homage (him being colored white, and then colored black once he has the "Rinzler" persona....)"

I think it's a stylistic homage and nothing more. No need to dwell on it IMO.

trekking95
User

on Wednesday, April, 18, 2012 4:45 AM
A theory:
Could the second disc Rinzler has in T:L be Beck's?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, April, 18, 2012 6:43 AM
trekking95 Wrote:A theory:
Could the second disc Rinzler has in T:L be Beck's?

In the flashback sequance in Legacy (when Clu tries to attack Flynn but Tron defends him), Tron gets attacked by two of Clu's guards & defeats them in combat.
THEN he looks down and sees that he's holding two Disks (before rushing to Flynn's aid).
I assumed that the second Disk was from one of the Guards that he had fought-he looked somewhat surprised holding the Disks...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Thursday, April, 19, 2012 8:14 PM
This is great!! The animation looks amazing!

I think the question we are all asking is what happens to Beck.. Does he get Derezzed?? or will he go into hiding.. Maybe to return in TR3N..

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 New footage for Tron: Uprising