AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
ShadowDragon1
User

RE: FIRST LOOK - TRON: UPRISING Animated Series

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 3:51 AM
About that...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=71470

"
" ... the series follows Beck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous Clu and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by Tron - the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known.

Tron will not only teach Beck the fighting skills he needs to challenge this brutal military occupation, but will be a guide and mentor to him as he grows beyond his youthful, impulsive nature into a courageous, powerful leader. Destined to become the new protector of the system, Beck adopts Tron's persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces. "

this post is EVIL, post 1 thousand and, SIX, SIX SIX myua ha ha ha ha!!!!

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 4:42 AM
*melts into puddle, drips off couch, splats on floor, gets scooped into bowl and put into fridge to re-solidify* I'm looking forward to this, if only because it's new, and it's Tron. It's upsetting that we have to wait almost a year-and-a-half for it, though.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 4:45 AM
Glad Bruce is in it as Tron but I almost wish it had Rinzler. He's such a badass.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 5:00 AM
Rinzler bad ass moves are Tron's as well. This is shown in the promo trailer for Tron Evolution, and in the graphic novel Tron: Betrayal..

I am sure the animated series will show Tron performing many of his awesome fighting skills..as part of teaching Beck and hopefully fighting the bad guys as well. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Kat
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 7:02 AM
The only part of the plot synopsis that bugs me is this:

WorldOutWest Wrote: Beck adopts TRON's persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces.

What do they mean he "adopts Tron's persona"??? Like, he does a creepy "I'm gonna be just like you!!!!!" thing? He pretends to be Tron? Huh??

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 7:08 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:"What are you looking for?"

"The next TRON."

What's that about? That almost seems to imply that what Flynn brought to the new Grid wasn't the original TRON at all, and more like a "One Program will rise above the rest and be chosen to be the protector" type of thing, and will be given the same name.

I hope I'm wrong about that, because not only does it seem to clash with what we know, but is not giving me visions of Flynn setting up a games tournament as some kind of excalibur test.

I agree with the others. Plus, it's Tron saying "I'm looking for the next Tron" maybe someone to co-manage the system. Not a replacement

As soon as Tron turned to Rinzler, Rinzler probably derezzed Beck after what I suspect to be an epic Teacher vs Student battle like Obi-Wan vs. Vader in episode III, except with better actors, writing, plot... etc. etc. The action in that battle scene was killer though.

-EDIT-

At 34 seconds into the video I thought that was them in their 80's clothes. It's not. Looks like it though, especially with the discs on their back, but the break in the top line of light proves that it is the new disc.

I want to see the show that deals with happened RIGHT after the events in the first Tron. And Flynn's subsequent visits, and the movement to the new system.

It wouldn't be much of a show, but a 3 episode long series explaining that, would be much appreciated. Plus, wouldn't mind seeing the old Tron outfits again. I looooooove those outfits, more than Legacy's, but I still like Legacy'son line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Vinz
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 7:28 AM
I am very happy with the style they decided on. I was seriously expecting to see something like this

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/582/legion.jpg

Or like Battle Grids. In my opinion, the faces remind me of 90's style cartoons like the Spider-Man Animated Series, but with Digital Animation. I'm really glad I was wrong, just seeing the trailer gives me a lot more hope that we'll get some decent TRON down the line. And I've got to agree with some of what you guys have already brought up, you just gotta love classic circuits on the Legacy style.

Also gives more hope to the figures if/when/what we get, because looking from the designs, they might actually fit in pretty well with what we've gotten from Legacy. Opens a few doors for customs, especially if Tron actually resembles Bruce. Thanks for the heads up, glad to see some promotionals this early in the game.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 7:33 AM
"the next Tron" as in the next Security Program for that particular city/sector. (Which from the teaser is most likely not the same city as in the movie.

It's not some creepy kind of thing. It's no different than a martial arts master mentoring one person selected to be an apprentice, whom will to take on the role the teacher once had in some form. (sort of like in Batman Beyond, were an elder Bruce Wayne taught and mentored Terry to be the next Batman due to Bruce being far too old to still be Batman.)

Beck probably isn't meant to replace Tron per se, but Tron can't be in every sector or City through out The Grid. Neither can Tron lead every resistance faction to Clu's forces in every city.

It's been established by the games Battlegrids and Evolution that before "the purge" and before Clu's forces started obliterating or taking over other Cities, there *were* other cities beside the prime city we see in Tron Legacy...

ethanthunder
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 8:12 AM
Holy Poptarts In A Pencil Sharpener Popping Popcorn!
AWESOME!

TRON.
Be A Fan, Be Obsessed, Get Your Identity Disc On.
(If You Wonder if I`m A Guard, Military, Guide, Or Neutral, I`m a Guide.)

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 8:40 AM
"The story focuses on an era of the TRON storyline that transpires after the original 1982 TRON feature film and before the story in TRON: LEGACY"

Okay this I get.

"the series follows Beck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of "The Grid". His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous CLU and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by TRON - the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known."

How can this be??? Tron was taken out of action BY CLU on day 1 hour 1 when CLU started his revolt against Flynn, so how can this "Beck" be trained by Tron????

AriesT
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 10:32 AM
I hope they do not force the audience into a bridge between Legacy and TRON 3. This is what broke Matrix's neck when bringing in pointless characters out of Animatrix ( beside the highly bad third part). order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Disc Warrior
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 10:35 AM
AriesT Wrote:I hope they do not force the audience into a bridge between Legacy and TRON 3. This is what broke Matrix's neck when bringing in pointless characters out of Animatrix ( beside the highly bad third part).
It shouldn't since it's a prequel to legacy.

Mayorcan
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 10:36 AM
Contrary to what the movie suggested, other sources (namely Tron Betrayal) indicate Tron survived his encounter with Clu, but was heavily damaged. Too damaged, in fact, to seek out Flynn or openly fight against Clu and his forces again. Enter Beck, who probably finds Tron by accident, but gives Tron the necessary impetus to begin working against Clu and Tesler.

We have to remember that in Tron Legacy, we are only getting Flynn's perspective on what happened on that fateful night in 1989. He (and by extension, we) NEVER saw Tron get derezzed or taken captive. Flynn assumes so because he heard the sparks fly and knows that he "never saw [Tron] again". abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

AriesT
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 10:37 AM
Disc Warrior Wrote:
AriesT Wrote:I hope they do not force the audience into a bridge between Legacy and TRON 3. This is what broke Matrix's neck when bringing in pointless characters out of Animatrix ( beside the highly bad third part).
It shouldn't since it's a prequel to legacy.

I hope you are right, dude.
However, I doubt this series will come to Germany in 2012. So I won't watch it on TV.

Now that we have the LOST authors back, I seriously do not expect a good story telling. Meh... :/
Too bad Disney often takes bad writers for their life action films, beside PotC. Though they ruined part 3's story with all the crazy stuff.
See also ... Prince of Persia. Good movie, bad story.

gkarris
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 10:39 AM
TRON's a franchise...

(*eyes start tearing*)where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 11:15 AM
gkarris Wrote:TRON's a franchise...

(*eyes start tearing*)

If there were awards for forum posts... yours would get it today... LOL..! - Jayabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Jason.exe
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 11:17 AM
When I first heard about this, I thought it would look like ReBoot.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 11:24 AM
Jason.exe Wrote:When I first heard about this, I thought it would look like ReBoot.

I'd known for some time it'd be a blend between 2-D and 3-D animation -- I dig it... really like the highly stylized look. - Jay
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 12:19 PM
First, it has indeed been established that when Clu betrayed Flynn, Flynn /believed/ that Tron had been derezzed and fled. But Tron did survive heavily damaged, and escaped the central city on his own.

I have an odd theory about this, that may be a bit out there, but these kinds of plot twists have been done before:

Tron is damaged too heavily to regenerate; as we saw in Legacy, only Flynn has the knowledge and user authority to actually go into a program's code and fiddle around with it to repair damage.

Therefore, Tron selects Beck to be his replacement in image and name, in order to inspire other programs to resist Clu and join the rebellion. Beck then goes out pretending to be Tron, leading everyone, including possibly Clu himself, to think that this is actually Tron he is fighting.

Then, at the end of the story arc, Beck does have a triumph in that he defeats general Tesler, and this could provide closure for the story, if Tesler is the one personally responsible for many atrocities - such as the assaults that destroyed the Iso city, and perhaps other cities.

However, Beck is captured, and it is *Beck* who is rectified into Rinzler, to replace Tesler. Because Beck is now using Tron's armor and insignia, this would explain why Rinzler appears to have Tron's chest panel. At the end of Legacy, Rinzler's garbled statement "I fight for... the users" is difficult to identify as either Tron's voice or another heavily repressed program. Rinzler falling into the sea, with his circuits briefly reverting to blue, might indeed be his death and Beck's ultimate fate... but the twist in Tron 3 is that Tron is still alive, though damaged. Perhaps Tron comes out of hiding with Clu destroyed to take charge of the Grid and help rebuild.

cirlin
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 2:01 PM
WorldOutWest Wrote:
Jason.exe Wrote:When I first heard about this, I thought it would look like ReBoot.

I'd known for some time it'd be a blend between 2-D and 3-D animation -- I dig it... really like the highly stylized look. - Jay

I think I'd probably prefer all 3D, but I can totally get on board with this style. It's unique at least

I'm wondering though, might they have gone this direction as a cost saving measure? I haven't done much 2-D animation, but I imagine it would be easier/cheaper/faster to do the faces that way then with 3D models.

FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 FIRST LOOK - TRON: UPRISING Animated Series