Film Chat 
 Tron: Corruption - A Garry's Mod Machinima

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
gameplayer951
User

on Friday, January, 14, 2011 6:58 PM
Hey there guys! Recently, I've had the idea to do a machinima in Garry's Mod (if you don't know what Garry's Mod is, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry%27s_Mod) related to Tron: Legacy. It seems to me like a great idea, and it'd be great to have it become a reality. But, due to lack of creative storytelling involving Tron in my mind, I need some ideas on the story!

PLOT

Tron: Corruption
Meet Alex Jefferson, average ENCOM employee. He was great at what he did, until ENCOM lost money on their latest venture- Verbisware 7.1, their new operating system. They had to save money by laying off employees, and sadly, Alex was one of them. He ended up jobless, in his mother's basement, playing World of Warcraft and hacking websites.

One day, he decided he would get his revenge on ENCOM, who was developing a new operating system to make back their losses on Verbisware. About a year or so later, ENCOM OS-13 hits the shelves, and is the first operating system that has the internet completely built in- no routers or modems required. It's a massive hit, and pretty soon, ENCOM OS-13 eclipses all other operating systems.

Alex Jefferson finds his target. He creates an elaborate program, called Anattrix, built to break through OS-13's defenses using codes and information he learned while he was at ENCOM.

Now, the story continues in the Grid. Anattrix, in program form, begins a rebellion. He corrupts programs using a special weapon of his and causes them to become his loyal followers- who also get the tools used to corrupt other victims. Soon, the Anattrix Virus is spreading over many parts of the grid.

Meet three programs, each with one thing in common- a desire for revenge. Each of them have had close friends who've fallen victim to the Anatrix Virus, and they've teamed up to stop Anatrix as they believe the key to lifting the virus off of the grid lies in Anatrix's identity disk. All they have to do is survive long enough to find it.

Possible idea:
  • Making the finalized product in 3D.

Thanks for all of the ideas and comments!

Andrew Goodman ~ gameplayer951

gameplayer951
User

RE: Tron Garry's Mod Machinima Project (need story ideas!)

on Friday, January, 14, 2011 10:43 PM
I've uploaded two videos to the TronGModProject YouTube page. Here they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsS5ybkB7NI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2EvjUkgWzg

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 6:45 PM
I've uploaded some models/weapons for Garry's Mod with the help of Tron Sector admin Mr. Sinistar (though it's mostly classic tron/tron 2.0 stuff). I'm also currently working on dm_discwars, which is designed to look like the final form of the disc wars arena, where Sam fights Rinzler.

http://www.garrysmod.org/user/?u=1374452&rnum=729400

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

gameplayer951
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 9:16 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:I will be glad to help you with the script. I have had a lot of ideas in mind for a Tron series, and it could be any one of them. If you're interested in having me do the script, just let me know.
That would be great! It just has to follow the requirements that I've put up. Thanks!

TRON.dll Wrote:I've uploaded some models/weapons for Garry's Mod with the help of Tron Sector admin Mr. Sinistar (though it's mostly classic tron/tron 2.0 stuff). I'm also currently working on dm_discwars, which is designed to look like the final form of the disc wars arena, where Sam fights Rinzler.

http://www.garrysmod.org/user/?u=1374452&rnum=729400
Yes, I've seen and downloaded most of your work. It's really good! And your new disc arena would be awesome to use for this. I'll keep a look out for it!

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 1:09 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:Do you want me to write episodes for a series?
It depends on the script(s) and storyline(s). They'll have to be good enough for a series. But we'll do one episode first, and if it gains popularity, then we can probably make it a mini-series, as long as Disney doesn't shut down the idea. Sound good?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 1:11 AM
Ignore this. Pressed the wrong button.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 2:57 AM
Wow. That is broad... a little too broad. I'm not saying it's bad - it's a really good story - but there are some flaws.
  • As I said, it is really broad. It would be a lot of work to create all of the maps, player models, etc. for Garry's Mod.
  • Voice actors: Where are we going to get someone who sounds a lot like Jarvis? Or CLU? Or Sam?
  • If Kevin freakin' Flynn created the first world, how in the world did Jarvis create the other ones?
  • How in the heck did the ISO's come back? CLU destroyed all of them (but Quorra).
  • Why would Sam Flynn open the grid to everyone?
  • How does the title, Magnified, relate to the story?
  • Disney would shoot down the project the moment that the first episode was released.
Again, it isn't a bad story, it just has a little too broad of one. I'll put in the storyline requirements: "Simple."
I might use a few ideas in the final story, though. Thanks for the submission. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 2:38 PM
LWSrocks Wrote: I can still come up with a better, easier idea.
Alright then. And thank you for your responses.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 3:09 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:How about a series in which a team of programs do battle with a virus who's trying to destroy the grid?
Depends on the details of the story. Go ahead and post your ideas.

elleldee
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 3:14 PM
Two ideas

The first may not be plausible due to lack of voice actors, perhaps a bit too complex, and also perhaps issues from Disney, but in any case:
Sam and Quorra, back in the real world, discover that without Quorra's disc, the fact that she was an Isomorphic Algorithm means absolutely nothing, she is now no different than a user without the information and digital DNA on her disc.
Sam and Quorra have to go back to the Grid to search for it. However, unbeknown to them, young Dillinger, whose father has been telling him (and how Flynn "destroyed" him) about the grid similar to Kevin/Sam, has been certain that Flynn was on the Grid all these years, and has been designing a Sark (or perhaps MCP?) 2.0 program to wreak havoc on anything Flynn has done. Dillinger notes the random sudden appearance of Quorra at the same time as Sam's random sudden interest in the company, and has been spying on and tracking the two of them, and follows them to Flynn's arcade and down to his study. He finally enters, seeing it empty and recognizing the laser apparatus, knows what has happened, and loads his program into Kevin's computer.
Subsequently, Sam and Quorra have to battle this program and also find Quorra's disc, perhaps with a grand re-entrance of Tron, and get back to the portal in time.

Second Idea:
Re-enter: Yori.
Exposition--When Kevin brought Tron over to the new system, he missed Yori, and pleaded Kevin to bring her over as well. Kevin finally conceded, and brought Yori to the new system. Things were going well until Clu's coup.
Present time: Yori is grieving the loss of Tron, but feels in her circuitry that he has not been derezzed, but captive to Clu. She begins watching the games, imagining that one day Clu will enter him in the games as an attempt to derez him once and for all, however Tron never shows. Yori grows depressed and almost goes insane, until in her insanity she has the breakthrough revelation that Rinzler is Tron.
She sets out determined to remind him of who he is, and obviously is ultimately unsuccessful. Perhaps in a dark twist of fate Rinzler/Tron himself is the one to derez her, or perhaps he merely turns her over to Clu who derezes her after mocking her efforts and gloating that Tron will NEVER return.

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 3:34 PM
elleldee Wrote:Two ideas

The first may not be plausible due to lack of voice actors, perhaps a bit too complex, and also perhaps issues from Disney, but in any case:
Sam and Quorra, back in the real world, discover that without Quorra's disc, the fact that she was an Isomorphic Algorithm means absolutely nothing, she is now no different than a user without the information and digital DNA on her disc.
Sam and Quorra have to go back to the Grid to search for it. However, unbeknown to them, young Dillinger, whose father has been telling him (and how Flynn "destroyed" him) about the grid similar to Kevin/Sam, has been certain that Flynn was on the Grid all these years, and has been designing a Sark (or perhaps MCP?) 2.0 program to wreak havoc on anything Flynn has done. Dillinger notes the random sudden appearance of Quorra at the same time as Sam's random sudden interest in the company, and has been spying on and tracking the two of them, and follows them to Flynn's arcade and down to his study. He finally enters, seeing it empty and recognizing the laser apparatus, knows what has happened, and loads his program into Kevin's computer.
Subsequently, Sam and Quorra have to battle this program and also find Quorra's disc, perhaps with a grand re-entrance of Tron, and get back to the portal in time.

Second Idea:
Re-enter: Yori.
Exposition--When Kevin brought Tron over to the new system, he missed Yori, and pleaded Kevin to bring her over as well. Kevin finally conceded, and brought Yori to the new system. Things were going well until Clu's coup.
Present time: Yori is grieving the loss of Tron, but feels in her circuitry that he has not been derezzed, but captive to Clu. She begins watching the games, imagining that one day Clu will enter him in the games as an attempt to derez him once and for all, however Tron never shows. Yori grows depressed and almost goes insane, until in her insanity she has the breakthrough revelation that Rinzler is Tron.
She sets out determined to remind him of who he is, and obviously is ultimately unsuccessful. Perhaps in a dark twist of fate Rinzler/Tron himself is the one to derez her, or perhaps he merely turns her over to Clu who derezes her after mocking her efforts and gloating that Tron will NEVER return.
Yeah, Disney would jump on those and flatten them like a Goomba without a doubt.
  • Use your own characters, not ones from the movies - be creative!
  • You've already said it, but voice actors are a problem.
  • It has to be short! These seem like they would be feature films, especially the first one.
Those are my pointers. I'll add two things to the story requirements...

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 8:29 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:Meet Alex Jefferson, average ENCOM employee. He was great at what he did, until ENCOM lost money on their latest venture- Verbisware 7.1, their new operating system. They had to save money by laying off employees, and sadly, Alex was one of them. He ended up jobless, in his mother's basement, playing World of Warcraft and hacking websites.

One day, he decided he would get his revenge on ENCOM, who was developing a new operating system to make back their losses on Verbisware. About a year or so later, ENCOM OS-13 hits the shelves, and is the first operating system that has the internet completely built in- no routers or modems required. It's a massive hit, and pretty soon, ENCOM OS-13 eclipses all other operating systems.

Alex Jefferson finds his target. He creates an elaborate program, called Anattrix, built to break through OS-13's defenses using codes and information he learned while he was at ENCOM.

Now, the story continues in the Grid. Anattrix, in program form, begins a rebellion. He corrupts programs using a special weapon of his and causes them to become his loyal followers- who also get the tools used to corrupt other victims. Soon, the Anattrix Virus is spreading over many parts of the grid.

Meet three programs, each with one thing in common- a desire for revenge. Each of them have had close friends who've fallen victim to the Anatrix Virus, and they've teamed up to stop Anatrix as they believe the key to lifting the virus off of the grid lies in Anatrix's identity disk. All they have to do is survive long enough to find it.

(So, what do you think?)
It's actually very good!
*EDIT* Forgot that I kept reading "he." Lol.

Although, is it "Anattrix" or "Anatrix"? You keep writing them both. And would there be anything involving one (or all) of the main characters in the lightcycle / disc arenas? I would really like to have a lightcycle battle.

gameplayer951
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 10:51 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:Just tell me about any and all restrictions, and we can negotiate a deal.
Deal? What do you mean? o_Oabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:33 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:I just mean figure out a way to incorporate everything YOU want in the script and everything I want in the script, and you can set further guidelines along the lines of what's possible and what's not, as well as how far you want the series to go- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or maybe more shorts. I'd like to do a series, it doesn't matter how many. My preference would be 3 at the least. It's all up to you in the end. Things like the title, and stuff like that.

All I want is the chance to do more than one short, whether they follow the same story arc or not, and I want my position as scriptwriter to be set in stone. I also want confirmation that you have everything you need when it comes to helpers and programmers before I start writing the script- I dont want to be done with a complete project just to find out that you don't have the resources for it.
Oh, okay. I understand now. But, I'm not that good at titles. We can probably collaborate and create one together.

And I only really have two guys on the project: you and someone who's helping with the vehicle base. I still need modelers, texture creators, etc. So it might be a while.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 3:06 AM
I'd give it about a 3.5. 15 minutes sounds good for the length of each short. They might vary depending on the script, though.

jtr7
User

No Title

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 4:39 AM
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 4:17 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:Hold on, how many shorts? I couldn't understand what the 3.5 meant, but I was thinking it meant how many shorts, and I dont know how I'd do half of one...

You know how movies get, like, 4 1/2 stars out of 5? Well I give the title a 3 1/2 out of 5. :P

And I posted a "what do you think?" sort of message over on all of the other forums, and the blog, and this is what they're saying:

From what I remember, isn't that plot almost a replica of the original Tron?

Yeah that's... Tron, in 5 paragraphs or less. I'd say /plagarism to that.

Now that they mention it, it kinda sounds like the original, but not quite. Looks like we'll be creating a sort of tribute! :Porder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 4:56 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:Anattrix is kind of like a mixture between the MCP and Thorne, I think.
And don't forget Abraxas from Tron: Evolution!

LWSrocks Wrote:Oh, and if you don't like Infection that much. what about Tron: Corruption, or Tron: Anattrix's Revenge?
Anattrix's Revenge is too cheesy. So Infection or Coruption... gonna be hard to pick one. I like them both. :P

Oh, and check the new update, LWS.
http://trongmodproject.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/update-01172011/where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 5:12 PM
Well when you put it that way, I guess I don't have to be worried.

And Infection is actually used a lot in Tron Evolution, as the main enemies.
http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Infected
So Corruption sounds good to me!

gameplayer951
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 5:25 PM
Well, I already have the blog made up. :P http://trongmodproject.wordpress.com/
But you mean like your Tron: Revolution site? That'd be cool!

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Chat