Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
Thinktank
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 1:26 AM
I heard Tamiya acryllic paints do well on these toys.
Any advice?

"People in this world look at things mistakenly,
and think that what they do not understand
must be the void.

This is not the true void. It is bewilderment...”

Niten Doraku / [ Miyamoto Musashi ]

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:57 PM
CB2001 Wrote:
WildWill Wrote:Try discounter stores like ROSS and TJ MAXX, I've seen Termiantor Salvation there, also some TRUs still have them.

If you happen to live in an area where there is a store called "Fred's", I know they have some "Terminator: Salvation" toys (I don't know if they've got any of the action figures, but I remember spotting some toys from when I first entered the store). I think "Big Lots" may have some too, but I can't be sure.

Nope, no Fred's I'm afraid
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:59 PM
GGemini Wrote:Here are my custom Kevin, Sam (helmet-less) and Tron. Tron was based on BlueTronWarrior's version. Sam based on gridrunner's figure... and Kevin.. my own

Those are great! What did you use for Sam's head?

I really like the Kevin custom. You actually used boots for the legs! ^_^ Not too many people I had seen do the repaint did a leg swap.

Which Anakin figure did you use? There are a lot to choose from

As for the Clone Wars Obi Wan head...I don't know that that would work simply from the style of the sculpt looking like animation. I had considered the Episode 2 Obi Wan head from the Legacy Collection. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/44ObiWan/TLC-2688.jpg Still looks a tad young to me though.

Bad news BTW on the Marcus from Terminator head...it's too darned small. I like the sculpt but it just doesn't look quite right. It turns out the Terminator Salvation line was a half an inch too short to be called 3 3/4 inches. On the Tron bodies it looks pin headed. So far the head used by GGemini looks a lot closer to me.

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:11 PM
OH! And while I'm at it someone here asked about Tamaya Colors paint. I've usd some of their paint here and there and for a flesh tone base they have some great paint however some of the primary colors have a hard time hardening enough to be durable like the Testors paints. For this reason I try to use Testors paints more often as I fond them to be more durable.

Thinktank
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:59 PM
Thanks for the tip on testors acryllics.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"People in this world look at things mistakenly,
and think that what they do not understand
must be the void.

This is not the true void. It is bewilderment...”

Niten Doraku / [ Miyamoto Musashi ]

Straker
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:33 AM
I never used Games Workshop paint but only because none of the hobby shops here sell it Even the ones that carry Games workshop items which i found strange. I have gotten very used to Testors though and tend to stick with their acrylics whenever I can. Their flesh paints though really don't have a good base for mixing up matching tones. I've been using the Tamaya Colors basic flesh paint mixed with flat white Testors and sometimes a very small touch of flat drab to add warmth. I've used that combination on the Doctor Who figures you see in the back where I didn't want to repaint the entire head and they can be blended in seamlessly if you thin it just right. I also use the Tamaya Red Brown a lot for repainting hair, leather on belts and even dry brushing highlights on hair. You can't really see it very well on this one but I repainted a 10th Doctor head from Doctor Who and added some highlights dry brushed using the Testors and Tamaya as well as the skin tones on the tip of his nose and chin because it was damaged. I got some gorgeous results:

http://police-box-traveler.deviantart.com/art/Customized-10th-Doctor-Head-2-175326744?q=gallery%3Apolice-box-traveler%2F5840627&qo=39
and

http://police-box-traveler.deviantart.com/art/Customized-10th-Doctor-Head-1-175325867?q=gallery%3Apolice-box-traveler%2F5840627&qo=40

Straker
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 10:41 PM
ender9492 Wrote:No worries. I just use the Games Workshop stuff because that is more abundant in my area than the testors stuff. I do have some testors acrylics though, and they do work well when i need them. They seem to be a bit harder to shake/mix than the GW ones though.
For those interested in what they look like, the GW paints can be found on their website here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1095435&_requestid=9111
The paints are mainly used for Warhammer 40k, and other games of that sort, but they work great for figures. Here's a couple of examples of customs i've done with the paint:

And here's a preview of a couple of programs i'm working on...

Hey those look really nice! I like the new Programs there. Is that second one a custom Kevin with a sculpted hood? They look amazing so far!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

binaryzero
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 1:11 PM
for those really looking for a mess of options for custom legacy figures:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/
unless you're handy with a dremel what you're looking for is the 25th anniversary style joe heads. those are the kind that pop onto the ball of the spinmaster bodies.

i've been highly tempted to make a few likeness sculpts in zbrush, send em off to get 3d printed, then mold em up. problem is i know i'd want to make them availible to you guys, and how fast would spinmaster/disney come down on me? would they be as cool/tolerable with custom figure parts as marvel and dc has been?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Kuzeh
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 1:59 PM
Here are my customized figures, still work in progress:

First Kevin, using a SW Obi Wan Kenobi head...

Sam, using an Anakin Skywalker head:

And Quorra, using a SW EU Bultar Swan,

And the whole gang!!

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 3:46 PM
Excellent work so far!

The use of the Kenobi head is inspiring!

Looking forward to your finished figures.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kuzeh
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 3:13 PM
Errex Wrote:Excellent work so far!

The use of the Kenobi head is inspiring!

Looking forward to your finished figures.

Thanks dude! I really like how it looks, I need to add some gray hair to it now!

ender9492 Wrote:Kuzeh,
I really like the lights/bases that you used to display your figures; How did you do it?

Thanks, they are from Ikea, changing color LED

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119932

GGemini
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 9:59 PM
Very nice customs!!

For reference, the head used for my helmet-less Sam is the Anakin that comes with a Destroyer Droid. Geonosis 2-pack.

And here's another pic ... "Tron: Evolution"

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:55 AM
Anybody tried making wings for the Black Guards? Also modding the helmet with the breathing tubes? I was thinking of using the tubing from a Tie Fighter pilot.

Wugmanmax
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 9:24 AM

http://www.10mfh.com, a great place to read nerdy stuff!

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 5:20 PM
Wugmanmax Wrote:Just saw this custom Deluxe Tronzler by Jin Saotome on eBay. Pretty nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-RINZLER-Tron-Legacy-Deluxe-Action-Figure_W0QQitemZ320641204489QQcategoryZ64857QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6340862676168408699#ht_6129wt_1137

not sure it's worth that price thoughon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

TriggerEXE
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 5:45 PM
Hmmm, with such extensive work done on it to improve articulation and even light up blue, I think it would be worth at least $50 or so. I'm currently broke though, so there's no way I could afford it. I wish though.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Friday, January, 14, 2011 7:55 PM
OH MY GOSH

So I went in to my local collectors store (BobaKhan, Everett WA. If you live in the area, check it out) and they were sorting through a bag of loose figures they had bought and sitting right there on the counter was the head, and only the head, of that figure used for the helmetless Tron. I asked if I could buy it, and they said I have to wait until about mid next week to see if they find the body in the rest of the figures that came with it. Evidently they bought about 800+ used figures? Wow.

So now I have to wait. Sigh.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 6:37 PM
So I attempted some repaints. I did up my Rinzler as Tron (yay, original...) and I'm waiting on a Wedge head.

This was the first time I'd ever disassembled a figure and painted, so it came out a bit rough... I put him back together before he was totally dry, and the paint smeared on the joints, so it's a tad sloppy. Considering it was my first project of this scale, I'm pleased.

[IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/Boba_Fettuccini/BlackKevin.jpg[/IMG]order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

armorrekka
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 9:07 PM
wondering what arms you are using with the claws?

Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

GGemini
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 1:44 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:I recognize the TOMY one, the custom ones, what's the white one? I havent seen it before, where could I get it?

That's the Medicom one... the one that was released some years ago.

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/default.aspx?do=gallery§ion=1&category=8&group=Medicom%20Toys
You can find them on eBay though...

FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource