New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
oandroido
User

Why I'm worried about the game

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 10:50 AM
1st post.

Simply put: No demo.

Yeah - I was that motivated to register.

It's a little like no advance movie screenings because they know the movie's gonna get panned.

I don't like what I've seen as far as the jumping around goes. I don't like what I've seen regarding whatever chained combo attacks are needed. Looks like some spastic version of Street Fighter or something (which I don't play...)

I would have been FINE with players having to move around pretty much like humans. I would have been FINE (in fact, better) with 1-hit disc kills & more emphasis on timed deflection.

Well.... sorry for the negativity, but I've got a bad feeling about this.... keeping my fingers crossed.

cirlin
User

RE: Why I'm worried about the game

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 11:02 AM
Well for one thing I had heard there was going to be a demo at some point. They don't always come out before the full game, especially when they are on a fairly tight schedule. But even if no demo is released, there are tons of really good games that never have them. Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, KOTOR, etc. So clearly the presence or lack of a demo is no indication of quality.

As for the gameplay style and combos and such, I've been a bit worried myself as it's not really the type of fighting I would most want to see. However they talk a lot about the various types of discs and combat stances they use so I'm hoping that we've only seen the type of game play the developers like most or think looks coolest and will interest people most. I'm more looking forward to the blocking style of combat from Tron 2.0 and I've seen some of that in game clips, so I think one can concentrate on that more than the clips might suggest. I hope so anyway.

Even if the gameplay is not fun though, at least it looks like a really neat story in the Tron Universe.

oandroido
User

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 11:15 AM
Hey Cirlin,

Agreed (with optimism) about the demo.

Regarding blocking, I really hoped we'd see a "slower disc" style (more similar to the original movie) with some type of a blocking system that would allow the player to get a little creative with ricochets. Hmmm...

That said, I mean, hey, at least we get "jai alai" in the Wii version.

cirlin
User

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 11:19 AM
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the Jai Alai There's also disc combat in the Wii game, but I'm not sure what it's like. I was hoping for something that really used the motion plus controls, but the short clips did not seem to include anything that detailed. Oh well, It looks like great fun anyway.

As for wanting a "slower" disc style. I think I know what you mean, and am wishing for the same. Are you imagining having more control over the trajectory of the disc, and being able to time blocks? Tron 2.0 had some of that, but even then it always felt a little like the disc was being shot rather than thrown. I'm pretty sure Evolution does have blocking, but it's been hard to tell from the clips how involved the blocking is.

Overall disc combat seems like a real tough experience to do right. When are they going to get Holodecks going!

jonwes
User

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 11:27 AM
I had the same worry, but it seems the time frame they were getting this done in was the real motivating factor. It's not like the Iron Man 2 game where they actually promised a demo and then changed their mind.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

oandroido
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 12:58 PM

Well... unfortunately, looks like my feelings about the lack of a demo may be playing out. Reviews are NOT good.

All I can say is that if the reviews are accurate - well, then, HEY, game developers and anyone who forced them to rush this out in time for the movie-

F YOU.

Maybe the wii version is better; hopefully, the movie is...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 1:14 PM
oandroido Wrote:
Well... unfortunately, looks like my feelings about the lack of a demo may be playing out. Reviews are NOT good.

All I can say is that if the reviews are accurate - well, then, HEY, game developers and anyone who forced them to rush this out in time for the movie-

F YOU.

Maybe the wii version is better; hopefully, the movie is...

I've played the demo of the 360 version at a Best Buy demo station; I thought it was pretty fun, but I've never played Prince of Persia or God of War, so I can't say if it's completely ripping those games off.

I've played the Wii version and from what I've tried so far it's very fun. I'll be writing a review of both the PC and Wii versions after I've put some time into both of them.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Why I'm worried about the game