30 Minute Quick Look of TRON: Evolution on GiantBomb.com

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
GameKraze
User

on Friday, November, 12, 2010 4:16 PM
Greetings, Programs.

I was running through the grid, and found this bit of information. Check it out, its a 30 minute video of TRON: Evolution which is now called just that, TRON: Evolution. They cut the "THE VIDEO GAME" out of the title.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-tron-evolution/17-3480/

CaptainCR
User

RE: 30 Minute Quick Look of TRON: Evolution on GiantBomb.com

on Friday, November, 12, 2010 11:17 PM
GameKraze Wrote:Greetings, Programs.

I was running through the grid, and found this bit of information. Check it out, its a 30 minute video of TRON: Evolution which is now called just that, TRON: Evolution. They cut the "THE VIDEO GAME" out of the title.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-tron-evolution/17-3480/

sweeeeeeeeet

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, November, 12, 2010 11:32 PM
i'm still watching it and i'm like crying from laughter over here cause the vid is so funny

Traahn
User

on Saturday, November, 13, 2010 2:59 AM
Environment looks great... Impresses me much more than past reveals.

But plug ears if don't wish to hear the down side. I just wish the game didn't seem so lifeless. Had a great opportunity here with current-gen technology compared to when Tron 2.0 was made to not have any lifeless architecture. Where are the light zips along walls, flickering lights, random pixels twinkling? Subtleties to make the environment feel alive? ... The small patches on the walls that tell you where to go don't count. Nor do the corruption patches, steam spray, or reflections in the floor and walls. I only watched 5 minutes because I dont want this game spoiled any more, but if the final version doesn't have more going on with the environment, that will be a strike against the game for me. It doesn't matter if minutes 6 thru 30 exhibit more life. The fact that I watched a few minutes and the environment sort of felt asleep, when the original movie almost always had something going on in each shot (blips, zips, pops or otherwise) is sad. I can only hope they deactivated / hid a lot of stuff going on for this demo build so it's not spoiled for the final release.

Also, I won't be playing this game before watching the movie because I want to experience the places for the first time in the movie. And I don't want to risk the game making the on-screen Tron universe smaller than my mind would otherwise imagine it. While watching thr movie, I want to let my imagination piece things together on it's own. I don't need the game connecting all the dots for me and robbing me of that imaginary exploration. Odd? Maybe. But wanted to share in case others are the same way and it helps make the movie more special for you, too. Once my imagination burns that stuff in, then I can play the game and not have it ruin things for me.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TriggerEXE
User

on Saturday, November, 13, 2010 3:16 AM
Very very cool stuff. Can't wait to get the game and play it. I heard them say that Jeff Bridges doesn't lend his voice to the game. That's kind of disappointing. At least Bruce does, but I wonder why Jeff didn't. I love the visuals and how things flow. Can't wait to see more.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, November, 13, 2010 7:17 AM
it's looking pretty awesome so far, the gameplay seems solid and pretty challengeing with many of those wall running tricks. The enviroments look excellent in my view, and it's pretty cool how they put in Bit as a sort of directional guide in the begining of the game. The Light Tanks look so frakkin awesome, I love the way circuit traces flicker across the tanks surface when it powered up with a defensive shield.

Lot's of little touches like that I'm seeing in the visuals in the game look very very nice in my opinion.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Mayorcan
User

on Saturday, November, 13, 2010 10:58 AM
Yeah, I have to agree. This game looks very fun, very cool, and very true to Tron. Definitely rises to near the top of my Christmas list (if I don't cave in and get it sooner). I think I like the upgrade system the most, what with the allocations in megabytes, and limited amounts of them at that. Stays sort of true to real-world computing capacities in the late 80s and 90s when the game supposedly takes place.

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, November, 13, 2010 11:01 AM
Traahn Wrote:Environment looks great... Impresses me much more than past reveals.

But plug ears if don't wish to hear the down side. I just wish the game didn't seem so lifeless. Had a great opportunity here with current-gen technology compared to when Tron 2.0 was made to not have any lifeless architecture. Where are the light zips along walls, flickering lights, random pixels twinkling? Subtleties to make the environment feel alive? ... The small patches on the walls that tell you where to go don't count. Nor do the corruption patches, steam spray, or reflections in the floor and walls. I only watched 5 minutes because I dont want this game spoiled any more, but if the final version doesn't have more going on with the environment, that will be a strike against the game for me. It doesn't matter if minutes 6 thru 30 exhibit more life. The fact that I watched a few minutes and the environment sort of felt asleep, when the original movie almost always had something going on in each shot (blips, zips, pops or otherwise) is sad. I can only hope they deactivated / hid a lot of stuff going on for this demo build so it's not spoiled for the final release.

Also, I won't be playing this game before watching the movie because I want to experience the places for the first time in the movie. And I don't want to risk the game making the on-screen Tron universe smaller than my mind would otherwise imagine it. While watching thr movie, I want to let my imagination piece things together on it's own. I don't need the game connecting all the dots for me and robbing me of that imaginary exploration. Odd? Maybe. But wanted to share in case others are the same way and it helps make the movie more special for you, too. Once my imagination burns that stuff in, then I can play the game and not have it ruin things for me.

uhm...u do realize that those "zips" in the circuitry of the environment first of all weren't even planned? it was an accident during production and they decided to add sound effects to make it look like it was planned...and just 5 mins of that vid is not good enough dude...in just 5 minutes u don't even really get to see anything cool. and nothing in that vid spoils anything. also tron evolution has more environments than the movie itself

jonwes
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 2:36 AM
Man, that was a really in-depth video! A lot of fun to listen to and watch as well. I'm really amped up about this game. It seems they put a ton of effort into it. It already looks more interesting than your typical movie tie-in game. I wish we were getting it here November 26th like they are in the UK. I'm ready for it now! Especially now that I got the Tron Xbox controller.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 3:22 AM
It's sterile and lifeless in parts. I see room for improvement. If I was the art director and had the computing know-how, I wouldn't have let any environment seem sterile and lifeless. Some pops and glitches in the original movie weren't intended, but I seem to remember the commentary saying they made it a point to add zips and glitches throughout on purpose. Let's try not to blow one critique out of proportion again. Save it for the grid. Heh, should be everyones new signature, "Save it for the grid." I prefer seeing levels in the game firsthand. If it truly is 30 mins of gameplay, that's a sizable chunk out of the 8 or 10 hour game that I'm paying $40-$60 for. So yeah, I don't want a YouTube video being the first time I see that much of the game

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 7:02 AM
Best Buy online has the PC version of the game for pre-order for 29.99 here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TRON+Evolution+The+Video+Game+-+Windows/9927479.p?id=1218196190060&skuId=9927479&st=tron

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

jonwes
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 11:50 AM
Traahn Wrote:It's sterile and lifeless in parts. I see room for improvement. If I was the art director and had the computing know-how, I wouldn't have let any environment seem sterile and lifeless. Some pops and glitches in the original movie weren't intended, but I seem to remember the commentary saying they made it a point to add zips and glitches throughout on purpose. Let's try not to blow one critique out of proportion again. Save it for the grid. Heh, should be everyones new signature, "Save it for the grid." I prefer seeing levels in the game firsthand. If it truly is 30 mins of gameplay, that's a sizable chunk out of the 8 or 10 hour game that I'm paying $40-$60 for. So yeah, I don't want a YouTube video being the first time I see that much of the game

Hmmm... it's interesting, because I can't say I view it that way. I guess one person's "sterile and lifeless" is another person's "sleek and cool." I love the look and feel of it. In the city scenes there were a ton of people milling about... and I don't think anyone could say the light cycle scenes have a lack of things going on! Even in the scened less "busy" than that there seems to be a of subtle use of lighting, texture reflection which I really enjoy. The "corrupted' parts add a nice visual pop as well.

It will be interesting to see how much pulsing there light is in the new movie. I haven't seen much. They seemed to have worked that into the Light Tank sequence (and it looks really cool, on the Light Tank itself) but it might not be a part of the new movie so much.

I do agree though, about the original Tron - even if the pulsing was accidental at first they added more to make it seem like it was supposed to be there and in my mind it's very much part of the look... of the first film.

I also agree about seeing so much of the game! I watched the video and it was very entertaining, but that's the last I want to see. I want some surprises for when I'm actually playing the game. However, even though the main game is 8-10 hours it sounds like you could spend a lot more time maxing out your character and I think the multi-player is going to add a lot to the game as far as getting more bang for your buck. It'd be nice if down the road they release some more download levels, though I'm not holding my breath.

We'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to this a lot. I should temper my expectations some. But it does feel like it might beat the curse of a tie-in game.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

c1
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 12:02 PM
As long as it has multiplayer the lifespan of the game will be infinite. The play mechanics are nice, a combination of martial arts, racing, and more.

cirlin
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 3:55 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Best Buy online has the PC version of the game for pre-order for 29.99 here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TRON+Evolution+The+Video+Game+-+Windows/9927479.p?id=1218196190060&skuId=9927479&st=tron

I'm hesitant to pre-order it because I'm always nervous about how long it will actually take to reach me through the mail. There is a Best buy right near where I work, so I'm thinking of trying to pick it up during my lunch that day. It's so tempting to see it right there on their webpage though
Now that I think of it, has anyone heard if Steam is going to offer it?

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 6:11 PM
Traahn Wrote:It's sterile and lifeless in parts. I see room for improvement. If I was the art director and had the computing know-how, I wouldn't have let any environment seem sterile and lifeless. Some pops and glitches in the original movie weren't intended, but I seem to remember the commentary saying they made it a point to add zips and glitches throughout on purpose. Let's try not to blow one critique out of proportion again. Save it for the grid. Heh, should be everyones new signature, "Save it for the grid." I prefer seeing levels in the game firsthand. If it truly is 30 mins of gameplay, that's a sizable chunk out of the 8 or 10 hour game that I'm paying $40-$60 for. So yeah, I don't want a YouTube video being the first time I see that much of the game

they should make like a promotional tron evolution shirt "SAVE IT FOR THE GRID PROGRAMS"where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 6:54 PM

Amazon.com also now has the PC version of Evolution at $30 to match Best Buy's price.

c1 Wrote:
As long as it has multiplayer the lifespan of the game will be infinite. The play mechanics are nice, a combination of martial arts, racing, and more.
That's an optimistic view of things. I like your enthusiasm. But history has shown, with many games, that Multiplayer doesn't last. Look at Tron 2.0. It has the Tron environment, game modes just as unique as Evolution's, tons of additional maps (some of them very good) and mods . . . and hardly anyone plays.

As for Evolution, I agree with Traahn's sentiment somewhat. I watched the entire Giant Bomb preview. For Single Player . . .

The Good: Environment (graphics), Light Tanks
The Bad: Everything else, including Light Cycles

Only Multiplayer and the potential for maps/mods has me looking forward to Evolution.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something.

cirlin Wrote:
Now that I think of it, has anyone heard if Steam is going to offer it?
Nope, it doesn't look like Evolution will be sold on Steam. Sadly. I expect it to show up on Microsoft's upcoming Games on Demand web site instead.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 10:19 PM
wow...i'm sorry but single player and multiplayer look awesome all around

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed Prince of Persia:Warrior Within, so I am not bothered by the tricky
wall-running aspect of the game, and I like the capoera inspired fighting IMO the capoera style adds more grace, fluidity and dynamic motion to using the Identity Disc weapon and doing special attacks with it.
In my view that's alot more exciting than your character running around like a stiff robot just tossing a black frisbee and nothing more. The enviroments look beautiful so far to me, and I can't wait to see what Arjia City the other areas all look like.

For a third person action game it appears to me to really work well IMO. The Light Cycle portions I played at SDCC 2010 were really fun as well. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 11:29 PM

...now taking orders...

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, November, 15, 2010 1:16 AM
I'll take a shirt! (lulz)order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution