Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0 Complete Map Pack (Containing all Multiplayer Maps)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 11:16 AM

Download the Complete Map Pack

After a lot of deliberation: I've made the decision to stop offering all the Multiplayer custom maps as a collection of several files, that either require you to use REZ Handler or manual intervention to install. Instead, all the maps are now contained in one self-installing map pack executable (for the PC version of TRON 2.0; Mac map packs will continue to be offered and will be updated ASAP).

There are many pros and cons to going this route. The main cons are the large file size and longer download time. The map pack is quite large, at 748 MB. But I believe the simplicity of installation and the fact that you get all the maps in one download, more than outweighs the drawbacks.

The setup program has a list of all the maps that are installed (in the scrolling text box). As new maps continue to appear, this Complete Map Pack will be updated to include them. But for those who already have all the previously released maps and don't want to have to download the entire thing all over again, new maps will also be made available individually and can be installed using REZ Handler.

After the Map Pack setup program is finished installing, you will end up with four map pack files in .REZ form that are installed in TRON 2.0. The game has a limit on how many of these .REZ files it can handle, and in this new Complete installer several of the earlier map packs have been consolidated down to four in order to avoid any limit problems. Though if you have any trouble, you can use REZ Handler to temporarily disable map packs. Or you can even merge them using the "Combine selected .REZ files" feature to bring the number down.

Here is a guide to what the older map packs used to be named and how many there were, compared to what they're named now and how they've been merged to reduce their number.

Changes in Light Cycle (LC) Map Pack
T.Basic (T.BASIC) ADDED
T.Corrupt (T.CORRUPT) ADDED

Changes in Derez (DM) Map Pack
Electronic Cave (Z_CAVE_V1.0) ADDED

I recommend that everyone (especially server operators) update their map pack files, as soon as possible.

The Complete Map Pack, as well as the new maps on their own as individual files, are available from the All TRON 2.0 Files page.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

RE: TRON 2.0 Complete Map Pack (Containing all Multiplayer Maps)

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 12:03 PM
THANK YOU FOR THIS

Just got a new computer. This will make reinstalling 2.0 custom maps much better.

I'll definitely try to get on this weekend. Haven't played in forever.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, October, 09, 2010 12:17 AM
Redownloaded Killer App mod, downloading the Complete pack now.

:] I'll probably try and join a match tonite.

Edit: Thanks for taking the time to accomplish this!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, October, 09, 2010 10:58 PM
I'm hosting right now!

:]
(The cave)

Players, plz??

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

FangsFirst
User

on Saturday, November, 27, 2010 1:39 PM
I cannot add the complete map pack rez files to the game with Killer App enabled...am I missing something?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 28, 2010 5:13 AM

FangsFirst Wrote:I cannot add the complete map pack rez files to the game with Killer App enabled...am I missing something?
By that, I take it to mean that you're not having trouble installing the map pack, but rather that the maps don't show up in the game? Your explanation isn't clear enough for me to be sure what you're asking.

If you could provide a bit more detail about what's going on, I might be able to help out. What's happening, exactly? Maps install, you go to play the game with the KA mod, and . . . ? Can't join servers using custom maps?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 11:31 PM

The TRON 2.0 Complete Map Pack has been updated. It contains one new map, and there have been some other changes.

YCP HQ (YCP_HQ) ADDED

YCP HQ (by deeahchur) is also available separately, on its own, so you don't have to download the entire Complete Map Pack just to get the new map. But if you read further, you'll see there have been other changes to the map pack that may make it worth it to you, to re-download the entire thing.

Use REZ Handler to install just the YCP HQ map, and then use the "Combine .REZ" feature to merge the YCP.REZ file with DM_Pack.REZ to reduce the .REZ file count.

Click here to download just the YCP HQ map

Changes in All Map Packs
Some of the map authors saved their sound effect and music files in an incorrect format. This caused the sounds to not play for everyone, depending on their sound hardware configuration.

The sound files have been reformatted (without affecting quality), to fix the issue and allow music and sound effects to be heard by everyone. Therefore, if you install this updated version of the map pack - even if you already have these same maps from the previous release - you may now hear music and sounds in a map that the map authors intended you to hear, but have not heard before.

Changes to the Installer
The map pack is now compressed with a 7-Zip self-extractor. This was done for a couple of reasons.

It resulted in a significant file size reduction compared to compressing as a .zip file. (Down to 721 MB.)

The self-extractor prevents people from trying to run the installer without extracting first (running inside the .zip), which would often result in error messages when attempting to install that way. The extractor will extract the map pack to the desktop by default, where it's easy to find. But, the program also offers you the choice of where to extract it.

After the map pack has been extracted, you click on the icon to run the installer. The maps will then finally be installed. If you chose to extract to the desktop but don't see the icon, hit the F5 key on the keyboard to refresh the desktop or click the right mouse button on the desktop and choose Refresh if it's available.

The installer also now checks during installation, if a newer version of the map pack is available. If so, it will inform you and direct you to a download link for the updated version.

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 11:37 PM
So I should re-install the whole thing?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 11:48 PM

ShadowSpark Wrote:

If you're willing to re-download the whole thing, yes. It's the easiest way to bring everything up to date. Say yes when it asks if it can delete previous maps.

For people who don't want to download such a large file (721 MB this time), there's the option to download just the new map. But it takes a bit more work to install.

If it nags you about the fact that there might be a newer map pack available: ignore it. This is the latest version. There's something on the LDSO site that hasn't been updated to be aware of this new version, yet.

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, September, 05, 2012 5:57 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

ShadowSpark Wrote:

If you're willing to re-download the whole thing, yes. It's the easiest way to bring everything up to date. Say yes when it asks if it can delete previous maps.

For people who don't want to download such a large file (721 MB this time), there's the option to download just the new map. But it takes a bit more work to install.

If it nags you about the fact that there might be a newer map pack available: ignore it. This is the latest version. There's something on the LDSO site that hasn't been updated to be aware of this new version, yet.

Considering I've got lots of time on my hands and nothing else to do, I'll just re-install it. Thanks. ^_^

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 04, 2013 12:30 PM

The TRON 2.0 Complete Map Pack has been updated. It contains one new map, and there are several other changes.

Also now available, are showcase videos previewing many of the maps included in the Complete Map Pack, for the first time. So you can get a sense of what the maps are like, before downloading.

Map Showcase Video 1/3 - Custom Light Cycle Maps

00:12 - TRON Light Cycles by Layer (TRON LIGHTCYCLE)
03:13 - Terminal by timmypowergamer (TERMINAL)
04:04 - Super TRON Bros. 2 by timmypowergamer and Raven (SUPERTRONBROS2)
05:14 - Micro Light Cycles by VMan (VMAN_MICRO)
07:23 - Home by VMan (VMAN_HOME)
09:50 - Port 27888 by Layer and Raven (PORT_27888)
10:19 - AI Arena Redux by Layer and Raven (AI_ARENA_REDUX)
10:48 - Whiteland by timmypowergamer (WHITELAND)
11:44 - Atlantis by Raven (ALANTIS)
14:20 - Demon by VMan (VMAN_DEMON)
15:15 - Deathtrap by TronFAQ (DEATHTRAP_LC_TRONFAQ)
16:41 - Get Outta My Kitchen by Cyrus the Virus (GET_OUTTA_MY_KITCHEN)
17:30 - VMan by VMan (VMAN_VMAN)

Map Showcase Video 2/3 - Custom Derez (Deathmatch) Maps

00:12 - Electronic Cave by Zook_One (Z_CAVE_V1.0)
03:35 - MCP by Xistence (XMCP)
04:59 - YCP Carrier by deeahchur (YCP_CARRIER)
07:58 - CLU Dispatch by Zook_One (Z_CLU_DISPATCH_V1.1)
11:42 - YCP HQ by deeahchur (YCP_HQ)
14:56 - Black Derez by VMan (VMAN_BLACK_DM)
16:16 - RGB Processing Grid by Zook_One (Z_RGB_V1.0)
18:41 - DM World by VMan, Raven, and TronFAQ (VMAN_DMWORLD)
23:40 - Oldskool by Win3K and Xistence (LDSO-OLDSKOOL)
24:51 - Hub by VMan (VMAN_HUB)
27:51 - Airstrike by Win3K (W3KAIRSTRIKE)
29:50 - Hover by Xistence (DSODM-HOVER)
31:42 - Capture the Bit by TronFAQ (CTB2_TDM_TRONFAQ)
35:27 - Sector by SpyDave (DM_SPYDAVE_SECTOR)
37:06 - I/O Error by Nunyas (IO-ERROR)
38:11 - Sky Grid 02 by Mor.Evil-1 and Win3K (SKYGRID_SECTOR-02)

Map Showcase Video 3/3 - Custom Disc Arena Maps

00:12 - Tube Coliseum by Xistence (DSODA-COLLOSEUM)
03:50 - Tetra Rhomboid by Xistence (DSODA-TRS-RHOMBOID)
06:16 - Tetra Trigonal by Xistence (DSODA-TRS-TETRA)
08:25 - Ancient Rebound by Xistence (DSODA-AS-REBOUND)
10:24 - Tube Fragmented by Xistence (DSO_TUBE-FRAGMENT)
11:47 - Disc Golf of TRON by Zook_One (DISC_GOLF_V1.0)
16:26 - Disc Blue by Xistence (DSODA-BS-DISC)
17:48 - Ring Blue by Xistence (DSODA-BS-RING)

YCP Carrier (YCP_CARRIER) ADDED

YCP Carrier (by deeahchur) is also available separately, on its own, so you don't have to download the entire Complete Map Pack just to get the new map. But if you read further, you'll see there have been other changes to the map pack that may make it worth it to you, to re-download the entire thing.

Use REZ Handler to install just the YCP Carrier map, and then use the "Combine .REZ" feature to merge the YCP.REZ file with DM_Pack.REZ to reduce the .REZ file count.

Click here to download just the YCP Carrier map

Changes to the Installer

After installation, you will be notified about the TRON 2.0 Multiplayer Fix if you don't already have it. (Since there's no point in installing multiplayer maps, in the first place, if you can't even get online to play them.)

Added an option to uninstall the Complete Map Pack, so files won't get left behind if you uninstall the TRON 2.0 game itself.

Includes some other under the hood changes, made in preparation for v1.2 of the Killer App Mod.

After the map pack has been extracted, you click on the icon to run the installer. The maps will then finally be installed. If you chose to extract to the desktop but don't see the icon, hit the F5 key on the keyboard to refresh the desktop or click the right mouse button on the desktop and choose Refresh if it's available.

deeahchur
User

on Monday, March, 04, 2013 8:02 PM

Awesome! Watching those videos definitely exhibits some features that I had yet to experience! All the more reason to play in some matches again!

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0