Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 New Derez map: Electronic Cave

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 11:14 AM

It's been quite some time since a new custom Multiplayer map was released for TRON 2.0. But today marks the release of Electronic Cave, a Derez map by fellow LDSO member Zook_One. This incredible map re-creates the scene in the original TRON film where Flynn, TRON, and Ram find a cave with an energy pool which they use to recharge themselves.

This map has specifically been designed to take advantage of a feature that the Killer App Mod adds to the game: a fully working Energy Claw powerup. Something that the unmodded version of the game doesn't provide.

This new map will be hosted on a TRON 2.0 server starting this Friday evening (October 8th, 2010), and continue to be hosted through the weekend. The server will be running the Killer App Mod, so you will need to download and install it if you want to join the server.

The map can be downloaded individually, but it's also part of a new Complete Map Pack that offers every map ever released in one download. This new Complete Map Pack is self-installing, so it now makes it very easy to install custom maps. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. (This map pack is large however, at 748 MB.) Though if you want to download the individual map file, you can still use REZ Handler to make that easier as well.

I'd just like to congratulate Zook_One on such an amazingly accurate and well done map. It truly is a remarkable achievement. Also be sure to look for the really cool Easter Egg in this map!

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

xistence
User

RE: New Derez map: Electronic Cave

on Sunday, October, 10, 2010 3:31 AM
This map is awesome! I was also thinking several times during the past years, to recreate that film scene. But now i'm glad i didn't , because this map is very precise and close to the film, and i couldn't have done it better (only worser). Good job Z, because i know how much work this must have been!

P.S.: Any feedback on stuff, made by LDSO, is always welcomed. The more errors there will be found, the better our maps can work. And maybe someone has some suggestions/statement as well. You're welcome to share this with the rest.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, April, 13, 2011 5:22 PM
Wow that is one impressive map. I hope my Tron 2.0 game comes and SOON!

Also, I don't want to create a new thread over this question.

So as soon as I get Tron 2.0 should I download the Killer App mod, or should I play Tron 2.0 first and then install the Killer App mod?

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 9:13 AM

There's really no reason, not to install the KA mod right away. It doesn't make many noticeable changes to the Single Player game. It just fixes and enhances a few things here and there. The most drastic alterations are in Multiplayer, where a number of new items and features have been added.

Also, if you play without the mod at first and with later, your saved games won't load once the mod is installed and active. The mod acts as another sort of unofficial patch, and the changes it makes to the game prevents older saves from working. Playing with the mod from the start will avoid that. There's an option to disable the mod if you want to do that, however.

I also put together a help guide for the mod if you or anyone runs into any trouble.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 15, 2011 1:51 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

There's really no reason, not to install the KA mod right away. It doesn't make many noticeable changes to the Single Player game. It just fixes and enhances a few things here and there. The most drastic alterations are in Multiplayer, where a number of new items and features have been added.

Also, if you play without the mod at first and with later, your saved games won't load once the mod is installed and active. The mod acts as another sort of unofficial patch, and the changes it makes to the game prevents older saves from working. Playing with the mod from the start will avoid that. There's an option to disable the mod if you want to do that, however.

I also put together a help guide for the mod if you or anyone runs into any trouble.

Thanks, TFAQ!

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels