TRON: LEGACY 
 A dire prediction for a beloved character

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
TRON.dll
User

Re: A dire prediction for a beloved character

on Tuesday, September, 21, 2010 10:23 PM
Just realized a potential plot continuity error. When users in the computer world die, they are sent back to the real world. I say potential plot continuity error because while this was hinted at in the original TRON, it was only confirmed in TRON 2.0, which is being disregarded as in-canon.

This was hinted at in the first film by Flynn. He didn't derez like any program would've by jumping into the MCP cone, instead he was sent back to the real world.

I also haven't read the rest of this thread so sorry if this has been posted already.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, September, 21, 2010 11:07 PM
...that is somewhat confusing but in Tron 2.0, it was revealed that MCP had the digitalizing program--

So, I'm not sure if Flynn actually died in the computer world, but I'm pretty sure somehow used his crazy user powers to activate whatever ability MCP had (when MCP zapped Flynn into the computer) to send himself back to the real world.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, September, 22, 2010 12:18 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:...that is somewhat confusing but in Tron 2.0, it was revealed that MCP had the digitalizing program--

Actually, it was revealed that the MCP contained the algorithms necessary for the digitizing program to work correctly. The actual digitizing program was a seperate piece of software altogether. The MCP was used in conjunction with the digitizing program to make the process work correctly, but when the MCP was destroyed, the digitization program's correction algorithms were destroyed along with it.

So, I'm not sure if Flynn actually died in the computer world, but I'm pretty sure somehow used his crazy user powers to activate whatever ability MCP had (when MCP zapped Flynn into the computer) to send himself back to the real world.

What I think happened was that Flynn jumped to his death, but because he was a user, he was transported back to the real world instead of simply derezzing. This is evidenced by the (out of canon) datawraiths being sent back to the real world instead of being derezzed when they are defeated in the computer world.

Maybe Flynn dies after he leaves the computer world (if he does)? That'd be pretty depressing and dark for a Disney movie and, in my opinion, would be a terrible ending.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, September, 22, 2010 7:05 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
KiaPurity Wrote:...that is somewhat confusing but in Tron 2.0, it was revealed that MCP had the digitalizing program--

Actually, it was revealed that the MCP contained the algorithms necessary for the digitizing program to work correctly. The actual digitizing program was a seperate piece of software altogether. The MCP was used in conjunction with the digitizing program to make the process work correctly, but when the MCP was destroyed, the digitization program's correction algorithms were destroyed along with it.

What I think happened was that Flynn jumped to his death, but because he was a user, he was transported back to the real world instead of simply derezzing. This is evidenced by the (out of canon) datawraiths being sent back to the real world instead of being derezzed when they are defeated in the computer world.

Maybe Flynn dies after he leaves the computer world (if he does)? That'd be pretty depressing and dark for a Disney movie and, in my opinion, would be a terrible ending.

Incidentally, that is what I meant, but I couldn't spell the word correctly so I subbed it with "program"

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 A dire prediction for a beloved character