Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Editing existing maps

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
RazorChrist
User

Editing existing maps

on Saturday, August, 28, 2010 1:58 PM
Hey guys, I know not much modding is going on with 2.0 now, but I started to get into it. I've been messing around trying to get the feel for dedit, and was wondering, how would I go about loading up a pre-existing game map for editing? What I want to try and do is load up the maps used for the "The Net" and "The Progress Bar" stages of SinglePlayer, and merge them together into one big map, and then build new areas on those.

Is this possible, or would I need to start the map from scratch?

EDIT: I think I found my answer in a previous post, which is a big no on the levels, since we don't have the source files for these. If anyone's figured out a way to get the game levels, I'd be interested.

Wii Homebrew Games in Development:

xistence
User

RE: Editing existing maps

on Sunday, November, 14, 2010 2:35 AM
Simple answer: not possible. Maps exists in a 'processed' (compiled binary) and a 'source' (for editing) form. All maps coming with the game were binary, and so not editable. The tools for Tron2.0 were shipped with a set of map sources, but only for multiplayer maps. Non of the singleplayer maps are available, and 'decompiling' is not possible so far, unless you want to develop a tool.
Furthermore i wouldn't recommen to 'merge' maps, Dedit is very demanding while you use it to create maps. If you don't have the right experiences, such a merged map would be unplayable, as the performance would be critical, you would need to tweak a lot to make such hugh maps playable.
For the intention to make maps for Tron2.0: we always appreciated another creative mind, so you are welcome. Feel free to ask around, if you have questions. I would also recommen the forum at www.ldso.com as mapping/modding ressources, as we already deal with that engine for years now.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Editing existing maps