TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 TRON: BLANK SCREEN !

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRON-RULES
User

on Thursday, January, 07, 2010 8:46 PM
Hey all..I just got a nice working TRON recently and it worked wonderful until the other night! The screen went blank with no sound. All of the other lights work but not the screen or sound. The red light on the game board is not on either. I checked all of the fuses and connections and they were fine. Could it be that the power supply board finally went bad? This is my favorite game! Thanks in advance !T-R !

Compucore
User

Re: TRON: BLANK SCREEN !

on Friday, January, 08, 2010 12:40 AM
Have you checked with a meter to se if the plug that leads from the outside of the cabinet to the power supply is good? And any connections are not working properly?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ddawgith
User

on Wednesday, January, 13, 2010 12:15 AM
If you have another video game, you should test your game on the other monitor.

doesn't sound like a monitor issue, if you cannot hear the game playing though.

yeah first thing should be checking/testing the power supply board, second would be the actual 3 board set.

Scucci
User

on Saturday, March, 27, 2010 3:16 AM
Sorry, I'm late to the party.

Are you getting a neck glow on the monitor?

If you're getting power TO the power supply boards, check the voltage coming out. If you're getting nothing out, then you'll probably want to order a Bally/Midway MCR power supply rebuild kit from Bob Roberts (http://www.therealbobroberts.net) or a switching power supply adapter board from Wizzes Workshop or Arcade Shop (.coms)

It's actually a good thing the screen went blank, most of the time... the BIG faults are usually easy to find... it's the little ones like graphic issues and sound issues that suck with MCR boardsets.

If you were in the Nashville, Tennessee area I'd swing by and have a look at her for you.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade