TRON: LEGACY 
 Which is better Disney Digital 3D or IMAX 3D

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
NickatNite
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 5:49 PM
At the end of the trailer, it lists two different 3D presentations. Has anybody experienced both of these and be able to comment as to which is better? I believe Pixar's Up was presented in DD3D. The IMAX here in Austin, TX is offering Transformers 2 and soon, Harry Potter 6. Also please provide any thoughts you can on the glasses you need to where at each.

Thanks,

Nick
Leander, TXorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

FusionAddict
User

Re: Which is better Disney Digital 3D or IMAX 3D

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 6:03 PM
Really depends. If the movie was shot on standard 70mm or HD then it's really a crapshoot. Some films have experimented with scenes shot in true IMAX but I don't know if Tron Legacy shot any scenes as such. If there were scenes shot in IMAX, then that's the way to go.

The Clu abides, man...

Rahyuht
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 7:07 PM
Well being that It's Disney.Let's hope they were shot In both for added DVD features.

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 7:35 PM
I read through wikipedia quickly to give you an answer.

Disney 3D is usually played at 144 frames per second(72 image frames and 72 black frames fed to each eye per second).

Uses a single projector(Christie, Barco or NEC DLP) - and requires passive circularly polarized glasses.

"A single projector can also be used in conjunction with a simple adapter in the front (a single-cell LCD screen that acts as a quarter-wave retarder, also known as a zscreen) that rotates the polarity of projector's light output several times per second to alternate quickly the left-and-right-eye views." aka "push-pull electro-optical modulator"
-wikipedia

The size of the screen may limited compared to IMAX, they both have advanced technology, but the difference in projectors is questionable, some may be identical visually, but I'm guessing IMAX may have a better picture. I've never seen either in theaters in person.

IMAX may use two different digital 3D projectors nationwide.

Either this: "two 2K-resolution Christie projectors with Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing technology alongside parts of IMAX's proprietary system.per projector, which produces 3D on a 2D screen, and operates at 96 frames per second." -wikipedia

Or: Sony SXRD 4K projectors.

From what I see, those 4k are available in AMC and Muvico theatres.

also see - http://broadcastengineering.com/hdtv/amc_theatres_sony_projectors/
IMAX requires LCD shutter glasses

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 7:42 PM
Rahyuht Wrote:Well being that It's Disney.Let's hope they were shot In both for added DVD features.

The digital media will most likely be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Cinema_Initiatives

Compucore
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 8:33 PM
I'm going to try and go for the IMAX one over here since there is an IMAX theatre I think at the old Port of Montreal unless they had moved it elsewhere. If not I'll go to the theatres if they don't have it.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 10:39 PM
Disney's requires a half lime on your left eye, IMAX requires lemon on your right.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 10:42 PM
If you went to both and had both glasses. Would that be a limon glasses that you need to view both?? sounding like a samuria Warrior. Weel wimon. LOL

Jademz Wroteisney's requires a half lime on your left eye, IMAX requires lemon on your right.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Daddyo
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 10:54 PM
Jademz Wroteisney's requires a half lime on your left eye, IMAX requires lemon on your right.

Man I just tried it and it works!!! It worked even on Casablanca!! Wow man thanks for the tip.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 11:13 PM
Billy - Cut and paste from my post you clearly ignored:

circularly polarized glasses.

IMAX requires LCD shutter glasses
Use google.. I gave you enough information, if you want to start a thread on how to use google for glasses be my guest.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 11:33 PM
BBBilly I think you're lost, this is where fans go to play games: GameGrid

Rahyuht
User

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 12:59 AM
Are you kidding?Most times there free.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 12:10 PM

The 3D glasses will be part of the cost of your movie ticket. They're not exactly free, but at least you don't have to pay extra again. You pay the ticket price, and you get your glasses.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 2:14 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

The 3D glasses will be part of the cost of your movie ticket. They're not exactly free, but at least you don't have to pay extra again. You pay the ticket price, and you get your glasses.

Assuming of course it's the Digital 3D version. You don't get to take the IMAX glasses home

Also, check with your local theater. Some don't require you to pay extra if you bring your own glasses from another film. I still have my pair from Beowulf, for example, and I was allowed to watch Coraline without the extra 3 dollar charge.

The Clu abides, man...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 2:32 PM

FusionAddict Wrote:You don't get to take the IMAX glasses home
Heh, nope. You just rent the glasses as part of the ticket price. Those are the expensive LCD shutter glasses. Didn't mean to imply you actually get to take them home. That ain't gonna happen.

Also, check with your local theater. Some don't require you to pay extra if you bring your own glasses from another film. I still have my pair from Beowulf, for example, and I was allowed to watch Coraline without the extra 3 dollar charge.
These would have to be simple polarized glasses that you're talking about, correct? Those are cheap to make. They're almost like those red/blue anaglyph cardboard glasses, but give you less of a headache.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY