TRON: LEGACY 
 The game

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Jademz
User

The game

on Friday, April, 24, 2009 9:53 PM
a thought worth mentioning - it needs a thread!

So the game "Tron 2.0" is "unofficially announced" for the following platforms- according to IGN:

"Genre: Action
Wii, PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Release Date: December 31, 2011"

-IGN (originally joystiq - I guess IGN wanted to make sure we know it's not coming out on some obscure console...)

And what about Mac?

p.s. The contributions from the original 2.0 is really cool, I noticed it's in Garry's mod, and spore, two games I'd like to get as soon as I get time. nice stuff! any others I don't know about? I just watched littlebigplanet's tron level..

TRON.dll
User

Re: The game

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 12:02 AM
Jademz Wrote:a thought worth mentioning, it needs a thread!

So the game "Tron 2.0" is "unofficially announced" for the following platforms- according to IGN:

"Genre: Action
Wii, PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Release Date: December 31, 2011"

-IGN (originally joystiq - I guess IGN wanted to make sure we know it's not coming out on some obscure console...)

And what about Mac?

p.s. The contributions from the original 2.0 is really cool, I noticed it's in Garry's mod, and spore, two games I'd like to get as soon as I get time. nice stuff! any others I don't know about? I just watched littlebigplanet's tron level..

I just lost the game.

Where's this on Joystiq? I don't see it anywhere..

EDIT: Maybe you saw my april fools joke from last year: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=360063abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 2:20 AM

Here's a link to a page with the info:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14319750.html
It's early days yet, so this stuff probably isn't set in stone. The release date is definitely an arbitrary one. But it gives us something to go on, for now.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 2:23 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Here's a link to a page with the info:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14319750.html
It's early days yet, so this stuff probably isn't set in stone. The release date is definitely an arbitrary one. But it gives us something to go on, for now.

including the well received TRON 2.0

You've done good, IGN.

PSN - TRON-dll

deadly_cookie
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 2:50 AM
I'm very excited about a game. But considering that Wii is a platform, my excitement drops tenfold.

Contrary to PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation, the Wii is a mere toy. I don't see how a Tron game can work (literally) on a Wii, it has no power. A Tron game needs to be Next-Gen, utilizing full power, rendering Wii obsolete by definition. To me it suggests a heavy cutdown for the game in general if Wii is to be considered.

lurkinghorror
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 3:06 AM
deadly_cookie Wrote:I'm very excited about a game. But considering that Wii is a platform, my excitement drops tenfold.

My went up 20fold. They're all toys after all. Just different toys.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 3:45 AM
deadly_cookie Wrote:I'm very excited about a game. But considering that Wii is a platform, my excitement drops tenfold.

Contrary to PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation, the Wii is a mere toy. I don't see how a Tron game can work (literally) on a Wii, it has no power. A Tron game needs to be Next-Gen, utilizing full power, rendering Wii obsolete by definition. To me it suggests a heavy cutdown for the game in general if Wii is to be considered.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

The way I'm reading your post is that when there's a Wii version of a game, all the other versions are watered down so that the Wii owners don't feel too left behind. This is not true in MANY cases, as the Wii version of a game is usually watered down or gimped, rather than trying to be exactly identical to the other versions on other platforms.

EDIT: I just lost the game.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

deadly_cookie
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 4:43 AM
The reality is, you know that a Tron game doesn't work on a Wii. It belongs on a next-gen system to come to it's full right.

Oniell Ford
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 11:31 AM
deadly_cookie Wrote:The reality is, you know that a Tron game doesn't work on a Wii. It belongs on a next-gen system to come to it's full right.

Hey! I always thought a TRON video game that included the game that Flynn and Crom were playing in the movie would be a great idea!

P.S. I just lost the game. Thanks to the title of the thread and TRON.dll!

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

deadly_cookie
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 12:30 PM
I don't get it? I lost the game?

Anyway. I so want a Tron game in which I can do whatever I want, freeroam, walk around, drive tanks, fly jets, explore infinitely beyond the horizon. Totally openended, and solitude (rare to meet another player). All with supa-dupa raytraced graphics. Like I said, that doesn't work on Wii. I want a Tron game to redefine 'game', not to compare with other games. I want it to be big metaphore of gaming.

I've seen those littlebigplanet Tron levels as well. Pretty cool.

Oniell Ford
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 12:59 PM
deadly_cookie Wrote:I don't get it? I lost the game?

Anyway. I so want a Tron game in which I can do whatever I want, freeroam, walk around, drive tanks, fly jets, explore infinitely beyond the horizon. Totally openended, and solitude (rare to meet another player). All with supa-dupa raytraced graphics. Like I said, that doesn't work on Wii. I want a Tron game to redefine 'game', not to compare with other games. I want it to be big metaphore of gaming.

I agree with you, but there always could be a seperate TRON game for the Wii that focuses on Game Grid challenges from the old and new movie.

Besides, in a Free-Roaming TRON game, they could let you get on and off your Lightcycle at anytime you want. Kinda like that one gamemode on TRON 2.0: KILLER APP or the TR2N Proof-of-Concept Trailer.

But then again, a Free-Roaming TRON game for console could be hard to pull off. Since a Free-Roaming TRON game would be better off as a unique MMO that is similar to Mass Effect's style of Gameplay.

Still, I like your idea of the TRON 2 game being something bigger and diffrent than the usual video game. I also love the idea of Free-Roaming in a TRON game. It could let you do side-missions rather than doing linear, level-by-level stuff.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

lurkinghorror
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 1:30 PM
deadly_cookie Wrote:The reality is, you know that a Tron game doesn't work on a Wii. It belongs on a next-gen system to come to it's full right.

My copy of Discs of Tron on the 360 must be horrible then.

The Wii is more than capable of producing satisfying graphics. I'm of the opinion that far to much emphasis is put on "next gen" and not enough on solid gameplay. Not everything has to push the envelope to be good. In fact, many of the things that do push said envelope are quite bad.

A good game is be a good game , regardless of platform.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 1:34 PM

What I want to know, more than anything, is who is developing the various versions.

Is it Propaganda (aka Disney)? If so, I worry. I worry a lot. Propaganda = FAIL, based on what they've produced so far.

I also see them handing off the PC version to Aspyr, like they did with Turok. Aspyr did a horrible job of porting the game to the PC. And they won't release an editing SDK this time, either. Watch.

Of course, I'll be ecstatic if proven wrong.

And the Wii not a good platform for a Tron game? You must be kidding. The Wiimotes are made for whipping discs at each other in an arena.

I know what deadly_cookie is trying to say. He's worried the other versions will suffer. I'm pretty sure the Wii version will be developed separately, and treated differently from the rest.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

deadly_cookie
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 2:20 PM
I'm also curious who's developing it. I'm sure it's not a 1st rate developer (say epic or crytek or anything like that). It'll go to a developer who has to stick to a deadline (which means it'll be not freeroam, rather level based). I doubt it'll be monolith. I wouldn't count on SDKs either. I'm also wondering if they'll use tech used in the movie to be used in a game.

When I say a game that redefines a game I'm not specifically thinking of missions. But how the world itself works. The world itself is a game (a MMO perhaps, but one in which encounters with other players are rare, and not a necessity). Whether I decide to transform into a cycle (if I encounter another player), or hop into a car on a highway (which works like speedracer). Or battletanks, or helicopters (if there are any). The being there would be a game in itself. After that come the missions, and deeper progression into the world (ala GTA:SA).

It'll be a nice game I'm sure.. Whipping discs with the Wii-mote makes sense too. A Wii version means cut-down for all versions by definition. But if you thnk about it, it's not that hard to (after an initial game release) to create an entire new next-gen engine, specifically catered towards a Tron universe (hi detailed texture/material tiling, ratrayce, procedual generated roads/cities/infrastructure, perlin clouds). While current game engines are typically focussed on big textures for detail/animations/crazy over the top explosions/cutscenes, a Tron engine would be very minimalistic and traditional and flat polys (less focus on large textures).

Actually, there are two type of hypothetical would-be-perfect-games-that-define-their-own-and-don't-need-comparison, which are Tron and Aliens. World exploration and corridor exploration respectively. Golden formulas.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 4:45 PM
Frick I lost the game! I had a three month streak going toowhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Prankster bit
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 6:30 PM

anyway...

i'm not sure what to think about this new game. I know it's just a marketing ploy, but as a Fan of Tron, i feel compelled to own it, even it it turns out to be...not very good

also, am i the only one here that realises that what used to be "Next-Gen consoles", such as PS3, and the 360, are now just "Current-gen"

"Next-Gen" is going to be whatever replaces these consoles, and then they'll become current gen... the circle goes on...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Meatsack
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 7:29 PM
How about Bethesda? The TRON universe with Morrowind explorability and mod capability would be my preference. However, Bethesda is known for working at their own pace to release awesome products and so would definitely not make any deadlines set by Disney.

I am the TRON-Badger!

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 9:56 PM
I thought Monolith did a pretty darn good job with Tron 2.0. :P

But of course, didn't they get screwed over by BVI? >_<

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 10:42 PM

Holy User I've lost the game every day for a week or so now >_

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, April, 25, 2009 10:45 PM
deadly_cookie Wrote:I don't get it? I lost the game?

Solution: Don't get the Wii version. Get the 360, PS3, or PC version instead and keep content to yourself thinking how awesome it (hopefully) is.

Oniell Ford Wrote:I agree with you, but there a be a seperate TRON game for the Wii that focuses on Game Grid challenges from the old and new movie.

This is a very common form of gimping. Ghostbusters is a prime example. The Wii version is NOTHING like the 360 and PS3 versions, and it's pissing me off (unless the PC version is compatible with my computer. Then I'm content).

You people act like releasing a Wii TRON game will make the other versions suck. I've studied Wii system specifications. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to ability to wirelessly make 360/PS3 games suck.

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 The game