Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Adding the Maps?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Rahyuht
User

Adding the Maps?

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 9:32 PM
Ok I'm confused.When I add a map and It's active there Is nothing In the Multiplayer Screen.Even If I know there Is someone on that special map.Why Is that?How can I bring up that map there playing on?It's confusing to me.Also they need to like add all the maps in 1 file & compress It down Into one major mod,but I bet It's to much for It to handle anyways,Just a wish of mine lol.

A run down on why a map doesn't show up when I know there playing on It & I have It active Is my major question though.I've looked on how to install maps so I know how to.

TronFaq a little help please lol

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Adding the Maps?

on Thursday, November, 27, 2008 3:19 AM

If you want to play against other people on a server using custom maps, you just download all the map packs for the game mode(s) that interest you, and make sure they're installed and active in REZ Handler.

You have no way of knowing what maps the server has, before joining. You can only see which one it's currently running when you bring up the server list.

I've thought about making one big map pack plenty of times. But there are pros and cons to that. The main con is that then you have to download a GIGANTIC map pack before you can start. By breaking it up into smaller packs, you can pick and choose your favorite or often used maps without having to download the rest and having them all take up so much space on your hard drive. (Technically, you can use the Mac map packs on the PC version too. But I don't recommend doing it that way.)

If you want to see if you have a particular map installed properly and/or play it by yourself to see what it's like, check out this guide.

You might be able to e-mail a server operator and ask them what maps they're running. That way you can grab the right maps for that server.

A lot of this stuff would have been addressed by REZ Handler 2.0, the next version. It was going to make installing and using maps even easier. But it's had to go on the backburner due to the Killer App Mod. Whenever I finish work on the mod, I'll go back to working on the program.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Rahyuht
User

on Thursday, November, 27, 2008 1:56 PM
Thanks TronFaq.Took some of those Idea's under consideration & a little more reading & think I figured it out
With Rez Handler I confused the Custom/Resource & Custom Mods.Didn't know It made a difference lol. It does Haha!!!
Works good now.

Im wondering now though.Can you have unlimited maps & only a certain amount of mods though?Rez Handler says atm 6 files active & 13 Rez Files Allowed.Well maps are a Rez File so I think I answered my question lol.

Editing PS: Also I was looking for Tron Website Banners.Either for this website & others.You know where you can find them?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 1:53 PM

Yeah, I know it can get confusing because both maps and mods come in the form of .REZ files. But maps and mods are not the same thing. If you install maps as mods, they won't work. And vice-versa.

When it comes to how many maps and mods you can have . . . I'll try to explain it. (Thing is, the documentation that comes with REZ Handler explains all this. But, of course, nobody reads the manual. )

With the Official patch, you can only have 6 map packs and mods active at the same time. That's a total of 6 .REZ files active.

With the Unofficial patch, you can have a total of 13 map and mod .REZ files active.

Notice I said "active". You can have as many map and mod files as you want, but only 6 or 13 active. REZ Handler won't allow you to make more active than the limit. But if you manually went into the folders and made more .REZ files active, then Tron 2.0 would start to have problems because you went over the limit.

Unlike maps, where you can have multiple map packs enabled at once, for mods you can only have one active at a time. Again, you can have as many mods installed as you want. But only one active at a time.

If you enable a mod, it takes one away from the number of map packs you can have active. So say your limit is 13. With all mods disabled, you can have 13 map packs active at once. With a mod enabled, you can only have 12 map packs active at once but the total number of "active" .REZ files is still 13. A total of 12 maps and 1 mod.

Well, I hope you understand what I wrote. I tried to keep it simple, but it's not easy to explain. It's all a bit complicated, actually. LOL. Monolith really didn't design the Jupiter game engine very well for Multiplayer.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Rahyuht
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 2:03 PM
Oh yeah I understood It.I'm using the unofficial patch.I read the manual :P Yeah as long as I Derez or Rez maps In Rez Handler It seems infinite.Think I'm good now & Online Servers have been growing the last few weeks. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Adding the Maps?