Other Games 
 Tron-Like

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Ansain.exe
User

Tron-Like

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 12:22 AM
Here I am, another guy stating he is making a Tron-like game. The main reason I'm saying this is because hopefully with some support I won't tend to procrastinate so much.
So, proposed game specs (so I can get some feed back):
-I'm using the Quake3 Arena game engine w/ Ioquake
-Set in 3rd person view, like Gunz (a really bad Korean
game)
-Will use content from various other games, such as
Darwinia and Tank Universal
-Since I tend to have more time to draw than code, I kind
of developed the "classes", which I figure I'd write about just to get feedback. They are (roughly) based off the classes of Hellgate:London and come in three flavors, Hacker, Seeker, and Scripter, A.K.A Melee, Magic, and Ranged. Hackers are the class that uses swords (rods to those of you who played Tron 2.0) and can do cool crap like wall run or jump really freakin high. Seekers use guns (meshes) and can be a soldier or sniper. Soldiers use some speed+ and bomb skills to cause havoc at point blank, while snipers can utilize traps and such. Scripters will be the hardest to code, due to their very non-FPS like make. They float above the field (usually) and come in two types: Black Hats and White Hats
-I'm not well versed in the art of creating MMO servers, so I will need help on that (though not until later, when I get some base content realeased)
-Yes, the game is a MMOTPS and has both player VS. player war zones and NPC dudes to fight.
-I'm thinking "grand scale" war areas where players from two different cities can face off for combat.
-There will be vehicles, some of which I've made up myself.
I have: Tank ( maybe a few diff. types, probrably not)
Lightcycle
Guncycle (think 4-wheeled lightcycle with a gun)
Recognizer
Fighter Recognizer (faster, but cannot carry cargo)
Helio Carrier (can carry Players)
Aaaaaaaaaand that's it. I do have some screen shots of base character models and some (badly) hand drawn concept art, which I'll put up later. Thanks for the feedback.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

Re: Tron-Like

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 6:38 AM
Hey, sounds pretty neat to me. When you said MMOTPS did mean MMOFPS? If not what does MMOTPS mean? Also, I'm still a bit foggy on what you meant by Grand Scale warzones.

Sounds neat, though. I've always thought that a classed based multiplayer genre would fit perfect for TRON. Maybe you should have a special User class, which can only be used by a player after they have X number of kills. Here's an idea:

After X number of kills, the user class becomes available to that player for one time use in the match.

User class has disc weapon, which can be used to block enemy fire, can double jump, and can use physics based (don't know if you have the ability to do that, hehe) "user-powers".abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Ansain.exe
User

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 3:13 PM
MMOTPS is a change of MMOFPS. Third Person Shooter, since you'll be looking over your character's shoulder. As for the User class, you essentially play the game as a guy in control of a program, so there can't really be a "User class". Also, I hope to be able to prevent the game from being based on "Matches" and have it set in a constant evironment like Hellgate:London. As for "Warzones", I mean real sized, hundred player wars that span huge areas. And, of course, I do have the disk as a upgradable basic weapon. It's the most versatile, since it can block, home, and richochet off walls.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 6:05 PM
Ansain.exe Wrote:Here I am, another guy stating he is making a Tron-like game. The main reason I'm saying this is because hopefully with some support I won't tend to procrastinate so much...

Greetings, Ansain.exe and welcome to TRON-Sector!

You are indeed "another guy stating he is making a TRON-like game", BUT that's EXACTLY the kind of thing we love to see around here!

You've got some interesting ideas for your game. Seems like a pretty big project. I hope you're able to follow through with your plans and we'll get to see a cool, TRON-like game emerge soon.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

Jademz
User

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 7:05 PM
If you make a tron-like game, I'd be happy to beta test.

there's a variety of ideas ppl think goes into this type of game, and I've played a few, this sounds like it could be a very amazing game. After looking at games made with quake 3, it looks like it is a very impressive thing to imagine.

I hope you can make this. (not bad) It wouldn't be hard to imagine there's a few ppl in this community who may contribute. Best of luck!

You should see the time friends and I have spent pondering a Tron 2.0 mod... obviously more talk than action.. but there's been easily 4x as much time talking about modding... some lost interest, some haven't. Of course, that's not a negative thing. Tron 2.0 looks awesome.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Ansain.exe
User

on Monday, November, 17, 2008 11:36 PM
Here are links to some concept art sketches and model screenshots I have. I uploaded them to photobucket, and here we go. I'm hoping to have some very nice looking, yet low poly environments (think Darwinia). Anyways....there yah go.

http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Bausin/?action=view¤t=PROJECTProof2.jpgThis is a basic player model, designed after Tank Uni's characters.

http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Bausin/?action=view¤t=PROJECTProof1.jpgSimple, cube shaped virus (NPC)

http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Bausin/?action=view¤t=Sketches005.jpgA badly drawn Guncycle concept and others.

http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Bausin/?action=view¤t=Sketches004.jpgA sketch of a city gate and character. No face because I cannot draw facial features.

http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Bausin/?action=view¤t=Sketches003.jpgGunship Recognizer concepts and stuff.

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2008 12:59 AM
Looks great so far. I think you should be proud of what you achieved so far. Also, take it easy on yourself so you won't procrastinate as much.

Milkshape is a great tool in aiding game creation.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Ansain.exe
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2008 1:32 AM
I guess one of the main things I should've mentioned is, of course, the lack of a name for the game! I can't very well go call it "Tron-Like" or "Teh Internets The Game". So any suggestions would be helpful. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2008 12:38 PM
I think this name may be taken, but if it's not you could use "Grid Wars".

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Ansain.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 25, 2008 2:46 PM
So simple, i like it. Grid Wars.

Rahyuht
User

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 12:35 AM
God I hope something like that Is done soon.World of Warcraft Isnt my cup of tea & I just bought the expansion.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Tron-Like