Mouse sensitivity too high

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Rev
User

on Sunday, September, 28, 2008 7:58 AM
Hi,

I'm running the PC version of Tron 2.0 with the latest official 1.042c patch. The problem is the mouse sensitivity is too high, even with the 'sensitivity' slider all the way to the left, and with a 400 dpi mouse.

I was wondering if this issue has been recognized and fixed in one of the unofficial patches or mods?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Mouse sensitivity too high

on Sunday, September, 28, 2008 8:22 AM

What kind of mouse are you using? Is it a brand name, or generic? Microsoft and Logitech mouses have their own software that let you adjust the mouse settings, with finer control than what Windows normally allows.

For example, the SetPoint software that came with my Logitech mouse, will detect when a game is running and change the mouse sensitivity automatically. If that's what I want.

Rev Wrote:I was wondering if this issue has been recognized and fixed in one of the unofficial patches or mods?
I've never really heard of anyone complaining about this issue, so there haven't been any specific fixes made for mouse sensitivity issues. Officially or unofficially.

Since you said your mouse has 400 DPI resolution: I actually think moving the slider in the opposite direction, could be what you want. At 400 DPI, the movement in the game might be quite jumpy unless you increase the sensitivity slider, to smooth things out.

You could also try manually editing the mouse-related settings in the player profile (probably the default Player.txt) and autoexec.cfg files.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Rev
User

on Sunday, September, 28, 2008 10:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I'm using an MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. With my current Tron 2.0 settings (sensitivity slider all the way to the left) I don't experience any skipping or jumping. Mouse movement is perfectly smooth so I don't think moving the slider to the right would help. It would just make movement even faster which is the opposite of what I'd like.

I checked my autoexec.cfg and it says sensitivity is '0' so it seems I am at the lowest possible in game sensitivity. It's still a bit too fast for me, though.

Oh well, it's no biggie. I'm just surprised that even with a sensitivity of '0', the mouse still moves at a pretty fast speed. Adjusting the pointer speed via mouse properties in the control panel doesn't seem to have any effect.

I am enjoying this game. The engine is fast and solid and the look and feel of this game appeals to me. If only I could get the sensitivity to where I want it it would be perfect. But like I said, no biggie.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, September, 28, 2008 3:18 PM
Rev Wrote:Hi,

I'm running the PC version of Tron 2.0 with the latest official 1.042c patch. The problem is the mouse sensitivity is too high, even with the 'sensitivity' slider all the way to the left, and with a 400 dpi mouse.

I was wondering if this issue has been recognized and fixed in one of the unofficial patches or mods?

Greetings, Rev and welcome to TRON-Sector!

Glad you're enjoying TRON 2.0 even with a bit of a light-cycle-speed mouse. The game ROCKS, even with super-sensitive mouse action!

I hope you're able to get the mouse sensitivity to a more manageable level somehow.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, September, 28, 2008 8:51 PM

Did you install the Intellipoint software that came with the mouse, Rev? Or are you just using the generic Windows drivers?

Intellipoint comes with a feature called "Precision Booster" that lets you adjust the sensitivity on the Intellimouse, with far greater ability than what Windows allows.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Rev
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2008 3:04 PM
Thanks. Precision booster works. I have that feature bound to my wheel button so I just press it whenever I want to turn it on or off.

FYI I have it set to 50% of my regular pointer speed which effectively gives me 200 dpi, which is apparently what I needed to get my Tron sensitivity to where I want it with the slider set all the way to the left.

I was a bit peeved at first. I didn't want to have to install mouse drivers (takes up resources, like to keep my system lean) and I've never played a FPS where a sensitivity of 0 still gives you a lot of movement.

It's OK though. Intellipoint seems pretty small and clean and simply pressing the wheel button to turn precision booster on and off is no big deal.

Thanks again. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tim.H
User

on Tuesday, October, 07, 2008 8:00 AM
Rev Wrote:Thanks. Precision booster works. I have that feature bound to my wheel button so I just press it whenever I want to turn it on or off.

FYI I have it set to 50% of my regular pointer speed which effectively gives me 200 dpi, which is apparently what I needed to get my Tron sensitivity to where I want it with the slider set all the way to the left.

I was a bit peeved at first. I didn't want to have to install mouse drivers (takes up resources, like to keep my system lean) and I've never played a FPS where a sensitivity of 0 still gives you a lot of movement.

It's OK though. Intellipoint seems pretty small and clean and simply pressing the wheel button to turn precision booster on and off is no big deal.

Thanks again.
Yeah, I have the Intellimouse Optical, and I can't live without Intellipoint.

But, I recommend Intellipoint 5.5, because 6.1 has an additional process running in the background which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate. I've tried every Google search I can think of. I've looked at dozens of websites. Nobody knows how to disable it. And if anyone on here might know how to disable processes seen in Task Manager (and those not seen), it's me!

So, I went back to 5.5, and all is well. The process running in the background with v6.1 is some sort of auto-update program (take a look for yourself!). I'm just like you, Rev: I run my system as lean as possible. And when I see a chance to make it leaner, I go for it, doing whatever it takes to make it leaner.

I am running XP Pro SP2, and I have 23-24 processes at idle. I'd have less, but I learned that, at this point, there isn't a single service I can disable. If I disable any service at this point, something goes wrong depending on which one I disable. hehe it's truly as lean as possible!

End of line.

Memory: mushkin HP 2GB DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB), unlinked @ 800MHz, 4-5-4-11, 2.1v
GPU: EVGA 8600GTS SC 256MB x2 @ stock in SLI (256-P2-N765-AR)
Sound Card: X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1
Power Supply: Corsair HX520W
Case: Cooler Master 690
Monitor: Samsung 2253BW

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0