Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
  The TR2N gamegrids must be a complicated afair.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Overmind
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 2:36 PM
I was about to log on to AOC now when some thoughts popped into my mind. In the gamegrids were quite simple. There were pong, packman, the ringgame etc and ofcause the LCs. Now 26 years later, how to implement the MMORPGs?
I would guess that if good'ol MCP had been in charge conscripts would been forced to serve as "clones" for an avatar and have permadeath. The teaser sugest that in a peacefull system you rezz after a defeat. Maybe a program could make a greate career as an avatarclone

And there are also so many other complicatet games.. and not so complicatet ones.

In I realy want to see a program say this line:
"Im workin as a randomiser for a Riskdice" order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

Zenith
User

Re: The TR2N gamegrids must be a complicated afair.

on Thursday, August, 28, 2008 12:01 PM
Don't forget the popularity in emulating obsolete computer systems and classic arcade games on modern hardware.. that old code ain't dead yet!

There's also the fashion for rewriting some of the old classics such as Asteroids or Robotron, giving a new spin on the gameplay with power-ups, bosses etc. and upgrading the eye candy, a la "super stardust".

I'd agree with you that Encom probably would - if it were in the business of games after the crash of the early 80's and the decline of the arcade from its "golden age" - be concentrating on state-of-the-art games programmed by large teams. Maybe they'd also be peddling their own highly advanced games hardware to go with the software, competing in the wild with M$, N1nt3nd0 and 50ny.

Just imagine.. millions of Encom games systems all interconnected via fiber from the home, connecting to the game hosting servers back at Encom.. one MASSIVE worldwide Encom home gaming system. Pong on an infinite scale!

Even though Encom would possibly be aiming at such large-scale markets, I'm sure it wouldn't stop certain free agents within those programming teams from having a little fun in their downtime

This is, of course, just all conjecture from within my head.. but it's fun thinking about it

>> 10 rem *CONFORM*
>> 20 goto 10

>> "...and I'm outta the loop"

RenegadeProgram
User

Re: The TR2N gamegrids must be a complicated afair.

on Friday, August, 29, 2008 12:09 PM
Zenith Wroteon't forget the popularity in emulating obsolete computer systems and classic arcade games on modern hardware.. that old code ain't dead yet!

There's also the fashion for rewriting some of the old classics such as Asteroids or Robotron, giving a new spin on the gameplay with power-ups, bosses etc. and upgrading the eye candy, a la "super stardust".

I'd agree with you that Encom probably would - if it were in the business of games after the crash of the early 80's and the decline of the arcade from its "golden age" - be concentrating on state-of-the-art games programmed by large teams. Maybe they'd also be peddling their own highly advanced games hardware to go with the software, competing in the wild with M$, N1nt3nd0 and 50ny.

Just imagine.. millions of Encom games systems all interconnected via fiber from the home, connecting to the game hosting servers back at Encom.. one MASSIVE worldwide Encom home gaming system. Pong on an infinite scale!

Even though Encom would possibly be aiming at such large-scale markets, I'm sure it wouldn't stop certain free agents within those programming teams from having a little fun in their downtime

This is, of course, just all conjecture from within my head.. but it's fun thinking about it

Zenith:

I'm writing a fanfic where ENCOM is now the largest computer company in the world, and video gaming, especially virtual simulation gaming, is pretty much their main bread-and-butter, and the digitization laser has taken second place. I even created a fictional ENCOM home computer system, a game system and a peripheral. If ENCOM were a real company, I agree that that is what it would be involved in. Makes for interesting plots - especially knowing Flynn's light-hearted and possibly reclusive (judging by the trailer) nature.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY