Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 More People Online?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

More People Online?

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2008 5:52 PM
Usually, when I play TRON 2.0 online, I just sit in front of Tronlink waiting for someone to join a server. Sometimes, I'll poll the servers at night and 9volt or Avi might be on. Usually, when I play vets online, we end up seeing at least 1-2 new players each time. And about 4/5 times I find anyone online by polling the servers, it's a new player. Now, it seems like if you hang out for a while in an empty server, a new player will likely join within 10 minutes. I don't know how so many people are finding out about this game, but it is truly awesome, and I'm meeting about 5-6 newbies a week.

Any idea what's giving this game so much attention? Not that I have a problem with it, it's just, well, abnormal.. hehe.

Seriously though, I'm meeting more newbies and reinstallers than ever before. Most of them don't have custom maps, nor do they understand how to install them. I've been trying to direct as many here as possible for technical help, etc.

This summer and this year are both incredibly awesome. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cam_the_Man
User

Re: More People Online?

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 12:06 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

Seriously though, I'm meeting more newbies and reinstallers than ever before. Most of them don't have custom maps, nor do they understand how to install them. I've been trying to direct as many here as possible for technical help, etc.

I've had the game for years, and I still don't know how to do that
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 1:17 PM
Maybe once I work the madness that is Mass Effect out of my system, I'll come back to TRON 2.0 multiplayer and see whom I can see.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 1:34 PM
Cam, here's a simple guide for custom maps (at least what I do)

1: Install RezHandler (hopefully it works on Vista.
2: Start up RezHandler (this creates all neccesary folders for mods and maps)
3: You should now have a "Custom" folder in your TRON 2.0 directory. RezHandler tells you how many maps you can have in there at a time. Download a map pack from faq's site and put it in the "recources" folder in the "custom" directory.
4: Now, when you play TRON 2.0, you should have the custom map(s) included in the .rez file you downloaded. Awesome!

If that's too complicated, I'll just make a youtube vid explaning how.

Some custom maps are really cool, like TronFAQ's "Capture the Bit" Deathmatch map with Capture the Flag-inspired gameplay and the "TRON_LIGHTCYCLE" cycles arena. However, some maps may contain innapropriate content. TronFAQ should put a warning next to those map packs to avoid negative feedback on his site.

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 2:07 PM

Thanks TRON.dll, but you voiced my main concern... I try to install it on Vista, and I get the BSoD.
"If it can go wrong, it will" - Murphy's Law
Too true for Vista.
And what do yu mean "inappropriate content? 0_o

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 4:06 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
And what do yu mean "inappropriate content? 0_o

Just be careful on the Get outta my Kitchen and Town stages. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 4:55 PM

Ok? 0_o
Violence, what...?

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 6:13 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Ok? 0_o
Violence, what...?

It's the same in both maps. All I'm saying is there's a strip club in the Town map. That's all I'm saying. No more. End of line.

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 7:52 PM

TRON.dll Wrote:1: Install RezHandler (hopefully it works on Vista.
Yes, it works on Vista.

3: You should now have a "Custom" folder in your TRON 2.0 directory. RezHandler tells you how many maps you can have in there at a time. Download a map pack from faq's site and put it in the "recources" folder in the "custom" directory.
REZ Handler has an install feature that installs maps for you, so you shouldn't need to do it manually.

However, some maps may contain innapropriate content. TronFAQ should put a warning next to those map packs to avoid negative feedback on his site.
LOL. Well, I have yet to hear a single complaint. Not to mention, there are maps with way more naughty easter eggs than the Kitchen and Town maps.

Cam_the_Man Wrote:Thanks TRON.dll, but you voiced my main concern... I try to install it on Vista, and I get the BSoD.
Wait, what? Installing REZ Handler gives you a BSOD? Now there's a first. Never, ever heard of that one before. I can maybe see running it causing a crash, but installing it? Weeeeeird. Like I said earlier, it does work on Vista for everyone else who's tried it.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2008 9:26 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Cam_the_Man Wrote:Thanks TRON.dll, but you voiced my main concern... I try to install it on Vista, and I get the BSoD.
Wait, what? Installing REZ Handler gives you a BSOD? Now there's a first. Never, ever heard of that one before. I can maybe see running it causing a crash, but installing it? Weeeeeird. Like I said earlier, it does work on Vista for everyone else who's tried it.

Sorry what I meant to say was that if I install it I might get the BSoD (hence the reference to Murphy's Law). I haven't tried to before, but I might do it tonight. Where can I download REZ Handler and map packs because all this talk about it makes me want to install it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 10, 2008 2:15 PM

Cam_the_Man Wrote:Where can I download REZ Handler and map packs because all this talk about it makes me want to install it.
Go here.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2008 2:33 PM

K thanks!
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2008 2:51 PM
LOL. Well, I have yet to hear a single complaint. Not to mention, there are maps with way more naughty easter eggs than the Kitchen and Town maps.

Yeah, like that one Lightcycles map... lol
That one actually wasn't hidden very well, one of the camera angles you could get by pressing the spacebar. That same secret room was in the Gauntlet map too, right? (and I mean the one based on the arcade game)

It's a good thing that everyone who's downloaded the maps from your website has a good sense of humor.

Also, I thought you might like to hear this TronFAQ. I was playing a new player the other day and I asked him if he had any custom maps. He said no and I told him the address to your site. He responded with "O yeah I visit that site a lot."

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2008 4:26 PM

Spaking of Easter Eggs I never did find out that one. I think it was you, TronFAQ, that pointed it out. I think it had something to do with the base of a pillar?
Also does anyone know all the maps with Eater Egss on them I wanna try to find them.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 5:26 PM

Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Spaking of Easter Eggs I never did find out that one. I think it was you, TronFAQ, that pointed it out. I think it had something to do with the base of a pillar?
Scroll down to the bottom of this thread, to find out how to get there:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=296953
Also does anyone know all the maps with Eater Egss on them I wanna try to find them.
Maps with easter eggs (that I know of) off the top of my head:

LC - Alantis, Deathtrap, Gauntlet Legacy, Speedzone Redux, Tie Fighter, Town, Tron, Tron Lightcycle

DA - Disc Golf, Coliseum

DM - CTB TDM, DM World, Hub, Morsmap, Party Grid

I might have forgotten some. Or simply don't know about some easter eggs that might exist, because the map authors never told anyone.

Also, there's the matter of what the definition of an "easter egg" is. I consider an easter egg to be something that's hard to find, and/or something odd or out of place that's put into the map deliberately to get a "wow, that's cool" reaction. Usually, it has to be both.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 6:14 PM

Thanks I'm going to try it out, but there's on problem...
I downloaded LC Map Pack 5, put it into the Custom/Resources, and REZ handler even says it's there. But I don't think I can access any of the maps. I noticed this yesterday I was on one of the servers that used the map Super TRON Bros. 2 map pack, and it said I didn't have it. I have no mods (yet), I'm not over the limit (I only have ten, I think). Help?
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 18, 2008 6:15 PM

Okay, so REZ Handler say it's there, but is the map pack active? (On the right side, in orange?) Maybe the particular map pack you need (LC_Pack_5) is inactive.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2008 7:06 PM

Yes, i's on the right side under "Active" and it's orange.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, July, 20, 2008 2:34 PM

How did you install it? Did you use REZ Handler, or put it in the folder manually, by unzipping the download and copying the REZ file there? And if you run REZ Handler again, it shows that you're still under the limit? You installed the Unofficial patch, correct?

It's a long shot, but maybe the downloaded map pack was incomplete. But I would expect the game to crash if it loaded a bad/incomplete REZ file.

It also could just have been a fluke, that you got kicked off the server.

But the most likely reason for trouble, is probably because either you or the server operator has an outdated version of the map pack(s). So either you should try downloading and installing LC_Pack_5 again, or the server operator should check into it.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2008 4:39 PM

Yes, I put it in the folder manually after unzipping copyed into into the correct folder. REX Handler says it's there and if I open the folder I see it with the others. Yes I installed the Unofficial Patch and Rez Handler is still under the limit. (10) It doesn't crash because I can't load it, if I try to get on a server using i it says that i don't have the maps packs. I'll try re-downloading it.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 More People Online?