TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Classic Arcades

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Auric
Sector Creator

Classic Arcades

on Monday, June, 16, 2008 8:32 AM
After visiting FunSpot it made me think about the classic arcades of the world. I'm lucky to have an arcade here called Flipper McCoys that has been around since the golden age, but most aren't.

My questions to the users are:

1) Do you have an arcade near you that's still open. And if so...

2) Do they care about their games?

While most arcades have long since closed, the ones that have survived seem to let the machines fall into disrepair.

I'm just curious as to what it's like in other areas.

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Classic Arcades

on Monday, June, 16, 2008 10:17 AM

There is nothing in the Tucson area. There was a Gameworks in one of the malls, but it was very small and only had modern games in it. The closest thing to a classic arcade is in Phoenix in the Mills Mall at their Gameworks, but the last time I was there the classic games were somewhat neglected and in disrepair.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, June, 16, 2008 1:15 PM
The closest thing to a classic arcade near my residence is 1984 in Springfield, MO, and is unfortunately approx. 3 hours away. We only go every once in a while, so it's like a vacation for us every time. Walking in there is awesome, with the 80's music blasting over the PA and the noise of all the machines. They definitely care about their machines. One sign in there has a picture of a boss from Gauntlet and says: We have the right to treat you how you treat our games.

They keep their machines in great condition. Some machines need some fixing up, though, like Xybots (Joysticks faulty) and Battlezone (Joysticks aren't springloaded). They do keep a big vector graphics monitor (whatever they're called) behind the counter just in case Tempest or Battelzone goes out. hehe.

Really nice place. I've got some pics from the last time I visited. I'll have to post some here.

Also, a local mall around here has an arcade in it, and they've got a pretty decent selection of games there. They're mostly modern games, but they're not horrible. Star Wars Trilogy Arcade is awesome, and they've even got one of the uber-awesome enclosed cabinets with the air pump! Schweet.

No actual 80's arcades though. But 1984 is about as close and well-maintained as you can get.

Well, other than Chuck-E-Cheese's, but screaming kids can sorta get in the way of setting a world record, right?

1984 website

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Alan1
User

on Tuesday, June, 24, 2008 4:41 PM
I was visiting the local amusment park, Kennywood in Pittsburgh, and noticed about 15 classic games in a section in the back of an open air arcade.
They have Afterburner, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Battlezone, Satans Hollow, Streetfighter, TMNT, Galaga, Asteriods, etc. but NO TRON!

I played some of the games, and it's comforting to know that I still suck at them!

I stayed at The Pop Cnetury resort at WDW last year (80's bldg of course) and hoped to see classic games in their arcade (d/t the resort theme), but alas, only the anniversary versions of Ms. Pacman, and Galaga.
If you can't find TRON at a Disney arcade, then what???

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, June, 24, 2008 8:42 PM
If you can't find TRON at a Disney arcade, then what???

Go to 1984, they've got one of the most well-maintained TRON machines I've ever seen. Last time I went, it was next to an unfortunately damaged Golden Axe machine.

Most of their machines are pretty well maintained, though. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

LUCKYMAN
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 6:18 PM
Hey guys,

Yeah i miss the old arcades.. I use to have a BALLY'S ALADINS CASTLE in the mall near me. I Live in the suburbs of philadelphia. There use to be arcades in all the malls back in the day.

Now the only arcade that is near me are 2 DAVE and BUSTERS. They are ok, it just that they carry all the interactive games such like gun,boxing,driving,flying,racing, etc.. anything that you can sit in or pick up and aim at the screen. Now they do have some classic machines but they are the multi-games.. liek one machine would have missle command, centipede,donkeykong, etc, like 5 games in 1... \

Anyways im a big tron fan, always has been . I just recently purchased a arcade version for my home that i got off a guy on ebay for 1100.00. VERY NICE CONDITIOn i mean the cabnet is original and mint. Came with a new monitor and powersupply. Decals were brand new and done nice. I did alost of stuff to it, like, took it off freeplay and but it back to taking quarters. Buying new upper and lower control panel plastics. Cleaned it, cleaned up the coinslot and return coin buttons. Put new locks, Control panel is in AWSOME condition. Clean and very well kept. Id say in a rating of 1 to10, 10 being bad and 1 being good. Id give this machine a big 1... For a 25 year old machine it is a nice piece. Im very pleased with it.. i even have my TRON tokens going across the top of the marquee to show who was up next to play!! The tokens are from ballys alladins castle and my old man use to work for them back in the day. So he swiped some and has had them for a long time now, and just recently gave them to me when i got my machine.. Back then, they were promotional and he was suppose to give them back to bally's but he took a couple and has had them ever since..

Anyways im just glad to find this forum and to see alot of people that are into TRON..

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

and DISCS OF ARCADE OWNER!
- USERS WROTE US, A USER EVEN WROTE YOU!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 6:36 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:Anyways im just glad to find this forum and to see alot of people that are into TRON..

Yeah - no shortage of TRON fans around these circuits.

I miss the old classic arcades as well. Funny how back in the day I used to think they'd be around forever. It was like one day I looked around, and they were just gone - replaced by kiddie centers (for much younger kids) DDR's and the ball crawl. Not that the ball crawl isn't cool, but I'm over the height-line and they won't let me in.

Glad you found your way to The Sector.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 7:54 PM
There is still one arcade that is close by that has changed names a couiple of times. But none of the older classical arcade games in them. They are more current with more racing, shoot'em up, sports, and a couple of other games with the exception of maybe one which I play from time to time when I go down there 1942 I believe is the name of the game. Where you can choose one of five airplanes and all that with special features on it. That is about it. The newer games are in prestine condition. But still pricey if you try and uy them used once they are no longer collecting the enough dough for the owner. I have a friend that works there.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Auric
Sector Creator

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 10:56 PM
Speaking of this, be sure to check out my other project Arcade Finder:

Here is a listing for Tron:
http://arcades.mythric.com/Game.aspx?id=1
Again if you didn't know, I'm using Arcade Finder as a new site to test the new Tron-Sector site on. Nearly 100% of the site code that I'm using for AF will end up on the new sector here. Once I'm done with the new forums on AF, I'll be moving the code over to the sector, and I promise you'll like what you see.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 11:00 PM
THe listing for arcade places is it restricted to just the US or can Canadians and maybe other people who come from outside the US also add in local arcade places into the listing there Auric?

Auric Wrote:Speaking of this, be sure to check out my other project Arcade Finder:

Here is a listing for Tron:
http://arcades.mythric.com/Game.aspx?id=1
Again if you didn't know, I'm using Arcade Finder as a new site to test the new Tron-Sector site on. Nearly 100% of the site code that I'm using for AF will end up on the new sector here. Once I'm done with the new forums on AF, I'll be moving the code over to the sector, and I promise you'll like what you see.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

isMetaClass
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 11:12 PM
and let's all slobber over Luna City again
http://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htmorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Daddyo
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 11:17 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Last time I went, it was next to an unfortunately damaged Golden Axe machine.
I've been looking for ages to find a game very similar to this one, I swore was called Valkyrie (but isn't when I google it), and had come out around '88. Cant find it on MAME either, at least last time I checked.

Ya, chuck-e-cheese is unfortunately where i have to get my Galaga fix too! My kids will be too old for that place soon though, so I'll have to find one elsewhere.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 12:00 AM
isMetaClass Wrote:and let's all slobber over Luna City again
http://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm

There's a TRON 2.0 poster in the upper right hand corner of the theatre pic. It's cut off a little though.

PSN - TRON-dll

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 4:34 AM

WOW OMG! Now that is AWSOME.. One thing i am slobbering about in those pics is the DISCS OF TRON stand up machine... I want one of those real bad and wish someone would sell me one.!!..

Anyways is that place a public place? or someones basement like??

I love how there is a PONG sitting against the wall by itself... Thanks for those pICS man, they sure do bring back memories!! order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

Auric
Sector Creator

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 12:41 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:

WOW OMG! Now that is AWSOME.. One thing i am slobbering about in those pics is the DISCS OF TRON stand up machine... I want one of those real bad and wish someone would sell me one.!!..

Anyways is that place a public place? or someones basement like??

I love how there is a PONG sitting against the wall by itself... Thanks for those pICS man, they sure do bring back memories!!

That is Luna City Arcade. A private arcade Peter built for himself on his property. It's 2500 square feet of gaming goodness. He has 'gamers days' every few months where people are allowed to come in and play. Just sign up for his mailing list.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 2:32 PM
Wow i dont know what to say.. im totally speechless when i watch that you tube video on the webpage. The sounds the lighting the atmosphere.. just simply amazing. What state is that in?? and did he own a arcade or something in the past? He must have been in some kind of arcade business of somesorts.. Anyways i put my name in the mailing list, ill go if i get picked... very nice, very nice!!!

isMetaClass
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 3:36 PM
i believe he's in Virginia. if i was on the east coast i'd be bugging him all the time!
i think he did some work repairing/restoring games and started collecting them. eventually his basement was full so he built the garage and decked it out full 80's-style

it's a time vortex order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 3:39 PM
Someone on youtube is modeling arcade cabinets in some 3d modeling program, check this vid out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZTyZrWFCw
Awesome.

PS: I just recently visited the "Powerplay" location, and they have repaired their TRON machine so that it's in working order again.

Unfortunately, their Tempest machine was out of service.

Pics from "1984" in a few secs, hang on..

PSN - TRON-dll

isMetaClass
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 3:45 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Someone on youtube is modeling arcade cabinets in some 3d modeling program, check this vid out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZTyZrWFCw
Awesome.

it's the same guy that owns Luna City!
obviously multi-talented

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 3:48 PM
"1984" in Springfield, MO:

Get some coffee at Sinistarbucks

Sign in the bathroom

SAVE FERRIS!

Legends high score board. I never thought I'd get on there on my first visit, with a pinball game nonetheless (my score is up there on Space Invaders Pinball).

Dig Dug sign in the party room.

PS: Auric, I looked at your arcade listing site and looked at the list of games for Gearbox Software's private arcade. I'm kinda surprised they didn't have Samba De Amigo there, considering they just released a remake of it for the Wii console.. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Classic Arcades